We have exchanged!!!!
5.56%
Sold and moved into rented
7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going??

Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going??

Originally Posted by Pauline
Hi

Anyway, mulled it over and we have accepted 5k less then asking price, thats good you might be thinking but do not forget we have dropped by 50K since we 1st put it on the market. :scared:
We are also paying the stamp duty....
ouch...55k reduction...I'll be happy if have that when we go...good luck anyway
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Well we don't want to reduce at all, and the house IS worth the money, but if we want to sell we're gonna have to give it away at this rate!

New agents been and gone and can't promise miracles, but will give it a shot!

All they can do I guess.
himindoors been on to our agent about a reduction from 184,950 to 178,950. they said to give it a couple more weeks. they dont think a reduction will make a great difference as they say the buyers just arent out there at the moment
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
buyers just arent out there at the moment

Yeah that's what it's all about I reckon. I think there IS signs of a crash of some sort and people are simply holding back from committing.

The agent we see today said he'd come across a couple that had viewed and found about 5 houses that were all decent, offered i think it was 30 or 40 thou under the asking price, and would go with whoever was desperate enough to drop that much!

Gutting tho as the market REALLY is crap! ...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Yeah that's what it's all about I reckon. I think there IS signs of a crash of some sort and people are simply holding back from committing.

The agent we see today said he'd come across a couple that had viewed and found about 5 houses that were all decent, offered i think it was 30 or 40 thou under the asking price, and would go with whoever was desperate enough to drop that much!

Gutting tho as the market REALLY is crap! ...
i tell you what mate if anyone offers me that they will have to visit a dentist!!

i would seriously consider remortgage and rent out etc etc and look at it again in 12 months time
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

i tell you what mate if anyone offers me that they will have to visit a dentist!!

i would seriously consider remortgage and rent out etc etc and look at it again in 12 months time
Yeah we REALLY don't want it to come to that, but I think that might be our direction if we have no joy with new agent.

Timing eh! ...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

Yeah we REALLY don't want it to come to that, but I think that might be our direction if we have no joy with new agent.

Timing eh! ...

tell me ....

however that is the route Bixie took and look at him now, happy as can be!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

tell me ....

however that is the route Bixie took and look at him now, happy as can be!!

Yeah we've said we'll do that at last last measures, but I see it coming to that. The missus says stop being so negative ...lol, but it's hard not to be with current market.

What gets me is how we put everything into this house, money, blood & sweat to make the 'ideal' house for our family, and it is, but since wanting to migrate and can't sell it, we curse it all the time! ...lol

poor thing! ...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

daz101966 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sold my house in 3 weeks sold it tuesday to cash buyer hope it all goes well waiting to hear if we have visas its into 8 weeks now hope we hear in next 2 won't sell house if i have not got them we'll pull out its so f****** frustrating this last stage just want to get to Brissssssssssssie nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww good luck to everyone selling there houses
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

just a word for all those selling a house.......please think hard and really concentrate on interest rates especially........because if interest rates start going up then some people will not be able to sell their house at "ANY" price........ I have seen times where interest rates are high and trying to sell a house in those times is difficult to say the least........a 150k mtg at 5 1/2% is 850.......150k at 7% is 997 150k at 9% is 1206......pretty much guaranteed rates are not going down.....the smart money sold a year ago but who was to know it was the top.......imo if I was moving abroad and had a home in the UK that was not selling I would rent it out.........I would also have written in the rental agreement that I will still market the house for sale then if and when a buyer is found I will pay the renters first months rent at a new place not greater than 1 month rent I was charging........that will pretty much make sure they take care of the place and they will feel ok about people coming to view the house........btw I also would rent in my new country until my house is sold ..........I belive the days of hitting the lottery on a UK house are over for a good few years at least.....the cycle is done......good luck to you all
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

btw keep this in the FRONT of your mind......pigs get slaughtered.......I learnt the lesson myself the hard way chasing a stock down....that company is no more and it took lots of my cash with it.....I was the pig and a valuable lesson learnt
Old Sep 29th 2005, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by psb182
just a word for all those selling a house.......please think hard and really concentrate on interest rates especially........because if interest rates start going up then some people will not be able to sell their house at "ANY" price........ I have seen times where interest rates are high and trying to sell a house in those times is difficult to say the least........a 150k mtg at 5 1/2% is 850.......150k at 7% is 997 150k at 9% is 1206......pretty much guaranteed rates are not going down.....the smart money sold a year ago but who was to know it was the top.......imo if I was moving abroad and had a home in the UK that was not selling I would rent it out.........I would also have written in the rental agreement that I will still market the house for sale then if and when a buyer is found I will pay the renters first months rent at a new place not greater than 1 month rent I was charging........that will pretty much make sure they take care of the place and they will feel ok about people coming to view the house........btw I also would rent in my new country until my house is sold ..........I belive the days of hitting the lottery on a UK house are over for a good few years at least.....the cycle is done......good luck to you all
Agree on all points - apart from the " rent out" bit.

Many will need to sell and release cash to start up somewhere else as all monies tied up in bricks and mortar.

Many will end up borrowing money and fall into difficulty making payments.

There are capital upfront costs prior to renting out i.e. removal costs, furnishing the rental, extra cost of converting mortgage from primary home for living to a letting mortgage, management fees, tenant void periods etc.

Much more effective option is to make the buyers journey as smooth as possible financially by providing a "no money down" deal ....

i.e. offer the buyer a gifted deposit and pay the 5% deposit, pay the stamp duty and 500 pounds towards legals PLUS make sure the property is in immaculate cosmetic condition.

I would also make it clear to the EA that clients will only be allowed to view if they can confirm they have cash or a mortgage offer approved.

The beauty of making a "no money down offer" to the seller is that you can demand a 1% non refundable deposit to be held right from the beginning which removes all the time-wasters.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:07 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Just to let you know we have the surveyor coming round today so fingers crossed for us.... They only put in offer on Monday so things are moving, the right way I hope..
Also to let you know we had 5 agents in the end and it was the 1st one that sold it!!!!!!
The solictor said it could be done in 6-8wks.. :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:27 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauline
Just to let you know we have the surveyor coming round today so fingers crossed for us.... They only put in offer on Monday so things are moving, the right way I hope..
Also to let you know we had 5 agents in the end and it was the 1st one that sold it!!!!!!
The solictor said it could be done in 6-8wks.. :scared: :scared:
Good luck with the survey
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

libitina is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Paul2004]the house IS worth the money

QUOTE]

The house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=libitina]
the house IS worth the money

QUOTE]

The house is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.