British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How is your house sale going?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-your-house-sale-going-326447/)

Rooksie Sep 17th 2005 11:53 am

How is your house sale going??

Im starting a new thread/poll to see where everyone is up to and because we have been on the market 3 months and not even an offer :( :(

well i would have created a poll if my f**king computer hadnt died!! :o :mad:

Done!!

And&Mez Sep 17th 2005 12:10 pm

Re: How is your house sale going??

We've been on the market since April. Changed Estate Agents once, reduced the price twice, had one offer and then he pulled out. We go in 3 and half weeks leaving it unsold. :scared:

cantwait Sep 17th 2005 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by And&Mez
We've been on the market since April. Changed Estate Agents once, reduced the price twice, had one offer and then he pulled out. We go in 3 and half weeks leaving it unsold. :scared:

We've been on the market since the 1st March, just changed estage agents this morning, reduced the price now by £25,000, we thought we had a sale then they pulled out just over 2wks ago (gutted)........

Everything is crossed just want to be in Australia now, sick of waiting for a buyer to come along, ang sick of bloody time waster's.

Paula.

Wickedsid Sep 17th 2005 12:27 pm

Had a private buyer and that fell through :o
Put house on the market with estate agents, had an offer 8 days later,full asking price :D just praying that it all goes through now, fingers crossed
Looking at exchanging asap, and completion endish of November
carole

Rooksie Sep 17th 2005 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by cantwait
We've been on the market since the 1st March, just changed estage agents this morning, reduced the price now by £25,000, we thought we had a sale then they pulled out just over 2wks ago (gutted)........

Everything is crossed just want to be in Australia now, sick of waiting for a buyer to come along, ang sick of bloody time waster's.

Paula.

its a killer isnt :(

The A Team Sep 17th 2005 12:45 pm

Accepted an offer this week for £11,500 under the asking price.

There's a chain though so I'm not celebrating just yet...... :rolleyes:

Rooksie Sep 17th 2005 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
Accepted an offer this week for £11,500 under the asking price.

There's a chain though so I'm not celebrating just yet...... :rolleyes:

we only bought our house 12 months ago and there were 3 of us after it - we only got it because first sale fell through. we paid full asking price and it was a dump - we had to do LOADS of work and now it is looking pretty good even if i do say so myself :D . we havent even had a sniff of an offer in 3 months !! :( WTF?????? bloody god damn housing market :mad:

The A Team Sep 17th 2005 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we only bought our house 12 months ago and there were 3 of us after it - we only got it because first sale fell through. we paid full asking price and it was a dump - we had to do LOADS of work and now it is looking pretty good even if i do say so myself :D . we havent even had a sniff of an offer in 3 months !! :( WTF?????? bloody god damn housing market :mad:

Hmmm I know, tell me about it. We bought ours exactly 2 years ago and have done loads of work including putting in central heating. I didn't really want to take such a low offer but we were offered £20k under the asking price 2 months ago so this one seems quite good in comparison. Houses are just not selling round here unless they are bargains so needs must :(

ELLJAY Sep 17th 2005 1:33 pm

Been on the market for 3 weeks. Two viewers. One this week seemed really interested - but they've told the Estate Agents that their furniture is too large to fit in!

Spose its a nice way of saying our house is just TOO SMALL !!!!

Still I keep trying. As we live in a cul-de-sac (who invented that phrase!!!!) you don't even get "passin traffic!" so everytime a car comes up the avenue we leggit to the window to see if they look interested.

This is stress at its greatest! :confused:

L-j

STUBBS Sep 17th 2005 3:43 pm

Ours as been on the market almost 5 weeks, we have had 6 viewers ( brill ) all interested but all have to sell their house first ( bummer ) fingers crossed all it takes is for one to sell theirs and hopefully they can buy ours , so i keep telling myself anyway.
Donna

Kelli28 Sep 17th 2005 4:14 pm

was on the market 5 weeks had a few viewers but no offers so decided to let it out instead got a tenant within a week and we move out in less than 2 weeks now and leave for aus in 4 weeks

kyliecuteass Sep 17th 2005 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Im starting a new thread/poll to see where everyone is up to and because we have been on the market 3 months and not even an offer :( :(

well i would have created a poll if my f**king computer hadnt died!! :o :mad:

Done!!

Had a private buyer who pulled out on Friday!!!
We had exchanged and we were packed!!!
I don't like to swear and i am not violent but..... the buyers kids go to the same school as my kids and i saw them on Friday afternoon outside school.... i nearly punched the f****** B****!!
I took many deep breaths and walked away!!
I can't believe how people can mess you about so badly!!
At least she has to pay my solicitors bill!! :rolleyes:

The A Team Sep 17th 2005 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass
I don't like to swear and i am not violent but..... the buyers kids go to the same school as my kids and i saw them on Friday afternoon outside school.... i nearly punched the f****** B****!!

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I thought once you had exchanged it was legally binding :eek:

Did they pay you a deposit???

Rooksie Sep 17th 2005 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28
was on the market 5 weeks had a few viewers but no offers so decided to let it out instead got a tenant within a week and we move out in less than 2 weeks now and leave for aus in 4 weeks

i got to say that option is starting to appeal to me the only downside being of course that we wont have the cushion we would like when we get out there and of course deposit for a house when the times comes to buy. Hmmm :confused:

Rooksie Sep 17th 2005 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass

thats crap. what a pi**er :mad: