How far behind?

Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:05 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far behind?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
While we're on this subject, can anyone tell me why British bathrooms still have carpet on the floor?

Talk about "retro."
Because people are clueless and like mould
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:08 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How far behind?

Originally Posted by fraser
Because people are clueless and like mould
I guess that must be it!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

A dog's life. Apart the brown, that apartment doesn't look so bad. If it wasn't brown and you squinted it would look OK.

Where we live, people are very into historical houses with character so if you walk to someone's house and it is covered in pictures of family generations, with a farmhouse kitchen it is in keeping with rural/country culture not IKEA. Doesn't mean it is out of date.

I can't understand this 'behind' business. For every Uk house that has trendy wooden floors there is a house with walled to walled carpets in every room (as Vash says - even the bathroom) a ubiqoutus TV stand, trophy cabinet, DVD cabinet and 3 piece suite. Very sad.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:57 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Thats what I was wondering for $200-$250K in Qld you will get a dump out in the middle of woopwoop.
A little inaccurate that statement.

Don't be put off by the gloom doomers, you can get a nice house here for $250K 4 beds, brick, ensuite, DLUG etc

I could find a dozen of these most weekends when we have spent time doing the open house thing.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:13 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

While we're on this subject, can anyone tell me why British bathrooms still have carpet on the floor?

Talk about "retro."
Visit a house with carpet on the bathroom floor where the man of the house can't hit the pot . . . boy does that stink!

And a washing machine in the kitchen, I miss my Australian Utility Room
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Visit a house with carpet on the bathroom floor where the man of the house can't hit the pot . . . boy does that stink!
Quite agree...........there's decent trees outside to cock your leg at
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:22 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: How far behind?

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
A dog's life. Apart the brown, that apartment doesn't look so bad. If it wasn't brown and you squinted it would look OK.

Where we live, people are very into historical houses with character so if you walk to someone's house and it is covered in pictures of family generations, with a farmhouse kitchen it is in keeping with rural/country culture not IKEA. Doesn't mean it is out of date.

I can't understand this 'behind' business. For every Uk house that has trendy wooden floors there is a house with walled to walled carpets in every room (as Vash says - even the bathroom) a ubiqoutus TV stand, trophy cabinet, DVD cabinet and 3 piece suite. Very sad.
It's even worse than that; the floors in many UK houses are smothered in some sort of faux wood laminate which doesn't even look vaguely real.

And this is considered the height of fashion!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:24 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

It's even worse than that; the floors in many UK houses are smothered in some sort of faux wood laminate which doesn't even look vaguely real.

And this is considered the height of fashion!
There's plenty of that here as well.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:25 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: How far behind?

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
And a washing machine in the kitchen, I miss my Australian Utility Room
Too true! In the UK, laundries (and garages, for that matter) are only for rich people!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:26 am
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: How far behind?

Perhaps - depending on where you go.

But it's positively ubiquitous in the UK.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Quite agree...........there's decent trees outside to cock your leg at
Not with my back
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:27 am

Too true! In the UK, laundries (and garages, for that matter) are only for rich people!
Very true
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:30 am

Perhaps - depending on where you go.

But it's positively ubiquitous in the UK.
Well it's cheap and practical, we had real wood downstairs but put it in the boys room.

We'll probably be putting in some here due to our rock problems and resulting lack of cash
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

But much more so in the UK, honestly.(!) I haven't seen much here. Tiles in the new builds, mainly.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by menace

Don't be put off by the gloom doomers, you can get a nice house here for $250K 4 beds, brick, ensuite, DLUG etc

I could find a dozen of these most weekends when we have spent time doing the open house thing.
Excellent!!! Then you can send the OP the links for all those great houses that need nothing doing to them & he can stop whinging about Australia being "behind" in the interior design awards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.