Drugs in Aus

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:02 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs in Aus

Originally Posted by Evelin
and the life of grandparents and other people who have to look after them. I work with two grandmothers who look after the grandchildren of their daughters. Another lady at work has her 4 children taken away and looked after by her parents because of a previous drug addiction (incl alcohol) which affected her mental health. She works with us as volunteer to prove to the gov that she is able to live a normal life and to get her children back (which in our view she will never get back). My husbands former collegue stopped working because she looks after the baby of the drugged daughter of her partner. The sister of my neighbour has one child looked after by foster parents, another child is looked after by the parents of the father of the child. Across the road of a friend lives a couple in their seventies who look after 3 grandchildren because the parents are drug addicts.

I am not living in the poorest area of Perth.

The coastline is too long to stop drugs coming into the country. I also believe there is a greater acceptance of the problem ("just get on with life") plus the living conditions in Australia make it more possible to use drugs. It is much easier to find support amongst family and friends (eg find a place to live) when things are getting a bit rough. In Europe one is confined to very little space, one is more scrutinized by neighbours, collegues and so forth.
totally agree with you...i know what you mean
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:28 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Sitting here listening to Radio One and Kelly Os telling us all about how drugs are not a good idea... What is the drug situation is Aus? Is cannabis acceptable (ish) in the same way it is in the UK? And cocaine, which more and more of the people I know seem to have tried... Rec. drug use in Aus - discuss...
If you aint sniffen,snortin or smokin in aussie you aint normal .Its rife here .No wonder there is so much depression and paranoia with all that THC rattling round the brain .

Last edited by king kong; Nov 29th 2007 at 11:33 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:49 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i think drug issues are different in UK and Australia....there aren't as many cocaine or heroine addicts here but more meth and dope and pills...some nasty stuff.....
it's alcohol that's the problem and i think they are neck and neck as far as i can tell
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
i think drug issues are different in UK and Australia....there aren't as many cocaine or heroine addicts here but more meth and dope and pills...some nasty stuff.....
it's alcohol that's the problem and i think they are neck and neck as far as i can tell

I went to the doctors a while back, she was a new one that I'd never seen before, and she asked me all the usual stuff about did I smoke etc. When she said how much do you drink, I said about 2 - 3 pints per month (which despite my ramblings on here is about right). She said, well we'll put one unit a night to make you sound normal

So yeah, I think drinking is quite acceptable here. Even though we all know that excessive drinking is as bad as any other drug.