British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Drugs in Aus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/drugs-aus-496217/)

scotlandtooz Nov 25th 2007 9:12 pm

Drugs in Aus

Sitting here listening to Radio One and Kelly Os telling us all about how drugs are not a good idea... What is the drug situation is Aus? Is cannabis acceptable (ish) in the same way it is in the UK? And cocaine, which more and more of the people I know seem to have tried... Rec. drug use in Aus - discuss...

scotlandtooz Nov 25th 2007 9:43 pm

Re: Drugs in Aus

32 peeps have read this, but no replies! If you live in Aus, and have no experience then this is input... what's your experience (or lack of)...

Vim Fuego Nov 25th 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz (Post 5599639)
32 peeps have read this, but no replies! If you live in Aus, and have no experience then this is input... what's your experience (or lack of)...

You seem very anxious, I'd lay off the weed for a bit, man.

Wendy Nov 25th 2007 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz (Post 5599639)

Ice seems to be 'the' drug here, but I don't know anyone who uses it.

When I asked my 15 year old about drugs in school he told me that all his friends do them, however when I asked him what type they did, he said they all smoked cigarettes :lol:

IvanM Nov 25th 2007 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz (Post 5599497)
Sitting here listening to Radio One and Kelly Os telling us all about how drugs are not a good idea... What is the drug situation is Aus? Is cannabis acceptable (ish) in the same way it is in the UK? And cocaine, which more and more of the people I know seem to have tried... Rec. drug use in Aus - discuss...

The weather means the quality is way better down here man. Look up Nimbin in Google for a glimpse of Aussie drug culture.

scotlandtooz Nov 25th 2007 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 5599666)
You seem very anxious, I'd lay off the weed for a bit, man.

I would say ho ho ho, but I think the P.C term is ha ha ha now. I'm just interestested in the culture... not a dealer!

paul30 Nov 25th 2007 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz (Post 5599497)

as long as I can get a good dose of caffeine I'll be happy

eddie007 Nov 25th 2007 10:01 pm

I don't know that cannabis is acceptable (even "ish") anywhere... There are huge drug problems here in Australia with Ice being the tip of the berg...

The only place it is "acceptable" to do drugs appears to be at football clubs where just about anything goes.....

cheltaz Nov 25th 2007 10:17 pm

all i know is in a village just by byron bay its very very well known for being huge for weed(i cant remember the name), all the travellers go there and the police know about it but as long as you dont take the piss and dont cause trouble youll be ok.its gota sorta of amsterdam atmosphere if you get me?:D

>Trigger< Nov 25th 2007 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by cheltaz (Post 5599769)
all i know is in a village just by byron bay its very very well known for being huge for weed(i cant remember the name), all the travellers go there and the police know about it but as long as you dont take the piss and dont cause trouble youll be ok.its gota sorta of amsterdam atmosphere if you get me?:D

Nimbin as alreay mentioned or to a slightly lesser extent Mulimbimby...both cool places to go for a visit...very stress relieving...if you get my drift...:ohmy:

Vim Fuego Nov 25th 2007 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5599669)
Ice seems to be 'the' drug here, but I don't know anyone who uses it.

When I asked my 15 year old about drugs in school he told me that all his friends do them, however when I asked him what type they did, he said they all smoked cigarettes :lol:

Aye, those legal (taxed) drugs are OK but the illegal (untaxed) drugs are the scourge of modern society ... as I have mentioned before on these here boards we cleared out the remains of a drug lab here when we moved in.

It was just a bit of dope I think, they didn't leave any either ... maybe the chickens ate it all ... it would explain their recent behaviour ... 'Eggs? Through my butt? For that lot to eat? Nah not today ...'

Vim Fuego Nov 25th 2007 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz (Post 5599686)
I would say ho ho ho, but I think the P.C term is ha ha ha now. I'm just interestested in the culture... not a dealer!

Not really in those social circles (married, parent, etc, etc) but I'd imagine if you were looking for something then you could find it. There seems to be a lot of busts out in the sticks and The Valley in Brisbane is rife with gear ... I base this judgement not on first-hand experience but by observation ;)

renth Nov 25th 2007 11:25 pm

There is loads and loads of crystal meth (ice) in Perth right now.

It's a real scourge, one of my best mates has gone and become addicted to this sh*t and it doesn't look too good for him.

simongb Nov 25th 2007 11:40 pm

You should come to the US! Drugs are everywhere. Crystal Meth is very, very scary. When I go back to the UK, not many people have heard of it yet. Here, it is causing so many problems.

>Trigger< Nov 25th 2007 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 5599932)
There is loads and loads of crystal meth (ice) in Perth right now.

It's a real scourge, one of my best mates has gone and become addicted to this sh*t and it doesn't look too good for him.

Latest thing seems to be mixing it with strawberry flavouring...so kids like the taste better...bastard's