Drugs in Aus

Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs in Aus

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Could very well be right, but people have been smoking weed for donkeys and MY personal opinion is there is a LOT worse out there!! ... I know there's been a LOT of recent news about Cannabis and mental illness, but it's the 'Ice' and alike that are a worry.

I've seen Ice mentioned on the news on numerous occasions recently in Oz, yet in a month or so back in Uk I've heard it mentioned a massive 0 times.

That's on the TV, Radio, back of cab ... wherever!
The Psychiatric ward where my wife works, at the royal Melbourne, has never had as many drug induced psychosis patients, and the ratio keeps going up, almost at the same rate of increase of THC component of Dope. If there is any chance of anyone having a Psychiatric condition, THC will bring it out. Whereas abstination and those people with a pre-disposed genetic condition, may never develop psychosis.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
That explains why there are so many flies around
LOL !

Especially in the country.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:08 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Sitting here listening to Radio One and Kelly Os telling us all about how drugs are not a good idea... What is the drug situation is Aus? Is cannabis acceptable (ish) in the same way it is in the UK? And cocaine, which more and more of the people I know seem to have tried... Rec. drug use in Aus - discuss...
Thought you were looking for sites to buy medicinal ones...

Same as UK it's around in many forms if you are looking for it and there are areas with bigger problems than others. The police here seem to swing from turning a blind eye to it to arresting everyone in sight.

The police had sniffer dogs at schoolies and other big events in QLD to look for drugs.

From Dec 2nd it has been announced they are going to road side test in QLD for drugs by mouth swab. Not sure exactly how this works as it's for most illegal drugs and don't know if they arrest you if it shows you had them one hour ago or one week ago, would think it's a lot more complicated than alcohol and more likely to show you have had them a few days ago and not recently and I don't know if the swab goes different colours for different drugs when they dip it in liquid. Other states have had something similar for a while.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:36 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

I was told by a copper, that in towoomba ,most kids hardly drink they smoke weed instead.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:35 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

oooooooo i sure hope so
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Sitting here listening to Radio One and Kelly Os telling us all about how drugs are not a good idea... What is the drug situation is Aus? Is cannabis acceptable (ish) in the same way it is in the UK? And cocaine, which more and more of the people I know seem to have tried... Rec. drug use in Aus - discuss...
At least in WA drugs must be a big problem, alone from the number of grandparents I know who have to look after their granchildren because the parents of the children are not able to do so because of their addiction. Never before I moved to Australia I heard so much about drugs (I'm not from the UK).
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Bringing the thread back to the original question raises 2 more:

1. Why are you listening to Kelly Osbourne?

and

2. How did she get a job on radio 1?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd say cannabis is as acceptable(ish) as it is in the UK, and like lots of other people have said, you can grow it quite easily yourself here. I don't think cocaine is as popular, as it's bloody expensive over here.
J
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Deaths rates here in Australia for Road traffic accidents and suicide are far greater than for the uk per capita.
That to me says something about the cultures and maybe that Oz has a worse drug/alcohol problem

I live in SA with 2 kids and would rather you didnt come here if you are thinking of partaking in drugs.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellie10990
I live in SA with 2 kids and would rather you didnt come here if you are thinking of partaking in drugs.
I recall there is a question on the form to emigrate asking whether you have ever taken illegal drugs. Surely no one would lie on their application form?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
There is loads and loads of crystal meth (ice) in Perth right now.

It's a real scourge, one of my best mates has gone and become addicted to this sh*t and it doesn't look too good for him.
Sorry to hear that Renth

Yes, Ice is the main problem, people do tend to grow loads of cannibis in the bush though, police are always coming across it down south tucked away!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:23 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Lots of drugs here in Perth. Lots of teenagers smoke weed and do Ice. I do think there is a major problem with drugs at a high rate here.
Is that someone with an avatar of a guy smoking a big spliff commenting on the drug culture?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
Is that someone with an avatar of a guy smoking a big spliff commenting on the drug culture?
Maybe thought it would suite the scenery i live with.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:59 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I would say weed is far more acceptable here (than Wales).
Everyone seems to be smoking it.
Went to a party last week with respectable folk from work and they were all at it, bongs seem to be the prefered method.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel

That's not a spliff. Frank Zappa was vehemently anti drugs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.