Drugs in Aus

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:43 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drugs in Aus

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The Psychiatric ward where my wife works, at the royal Melbourne, has never had as many drug induced psychosis patients, and the ratio keeps going up, almost at the same rate of increase of THC component of Dope. If there is any chance of anyone having a Psychiatric condition, THC will bring it out. Whereas abstination and those people with a pre-disposed genetic condition, may never develop psychosis.
Yeah facts speak for themselves, the dope gets stronger, more people go on the wonk!

Must be something in that you know.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:50 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
Thought you were looking for sites to buy medicinal ones...

Same as UK it's around in many forms if you are looking for it and there are areas with bigger problems than others. The police here seem to swing from turning a blind eye to it to arresting everyone in sight.

The police had sniffer dogs at schoolies and other big events in QLD to look for drugs.

From Dec 2nd it has been announced they are going to road side test in QLD for drugs by mouth swab. Not sure exactly how this works as it's for most illegal drugs and don't know if they arrest you if it shows you had them one hour ago or one week ago, would think it's a lot more complicated than alcohol and more likely to show you have had them a few days ago and not recently and I don't know if the swab goes different colours for different drugs when they dip it in liquid. Other states have had something similar for a while.
Originally Posted by ellie10990
Deaths rates here in Australia for Road traffic accidents and suicide are far greater than for the uk per capita.
That to me says something about the cultures and maybe that Oz has a worse drug/alcohol problem
I live in SA with 2 kids and would rather you didnt come here if you are thinking of partaking in drugs.
Hence the road side stops to catch people. Do the police in SA stop people randomly to test for drugs?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hence the road side stops to catch people. Do the police in SA stop people randomly to test for drugs?

Yes they do. My OH got pulled over a few weeks ago on his way to work - bit early at 4:30am for drugs though

Not sure how regular it is though, or even if it's a new thing or not.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
That's not a spliff. Frank Zappa was vehemently anti drugs.
Who the hell's Frank Zappa?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:00 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Music homework for that man, shut up and play yer guitar!

Incidentally, his son, the amusingly-named Dweezil, is in town soon playing his Dad's music. Interesting concept ... interesting music too

Over 1000 views on a drugs thread ... must say something about the cross-section of 'readership' ...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Music homework for that man, shut up and play yer guitar!

Incidentally, his son, the amusingly-named Dweezil, is in town soon playing his Dad's music. Interesting concept ... interesting music too

Over 1000 views on a drugs thread ... must say something about the cross-section of 'readership' ...
Well thanks for that, but i'm still non the wiser.
Now, back to mi spliff
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:16 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thanks for that, but i'm still non the wiser.
Now, back to mi spliff
Mate, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, just words
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The Psychiatric ward where my wife works, at the royal Melbourne, has never had as many drug induced psychosis patients, and the ratio keeps going up, almost at the same rate of increase of THC component of Dope. If there is any chance of anyone having a Psychiatric condition, THC will bring it out. Whereas abstination and those people with a pre-disposed genetic condition, may never develop psychosis.
I work on a 36 bed unit and I'd say that about half the clients at any one time are there because of drug-induced psychosis, usually caused by cannabis.

It's a lottery whether you are affected this way by smoking dope or not. But considering how widely accepted it now is, I can only presume that pressure on mental health units will only get a great deal worse.

Incidentally, I worked in dementia care in the UK for 4 years and one of the common factors affecting (or greatly aggravating) the number of dementia cases was an entirely legal one....alcohol.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:24 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i too work with drug related issues...
dope is big and there is random roadside testing in south australia

meth amphetamines seems to be the drug of choice for the young and dope for the sad oldies

i can only say as above alcohol use seems to have the greatest effect on

populations... drug problems are bad but it's the acceptabilty of alcohol...

getting pisssed is like a religion in many countries....

i feel sorry for the children of pissed,stoned "out of their heads" parents....i

t's up to you if you want to ruin your health and your life but PLEASE not innocent little babies.......
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:13 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

just say no
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:58 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

So which part of Oz has the bigger drug problem and do they suffer with the same associated crime problems. In the UK if there is a "cash converters" in the area you know they have an active drug problem close by!! Part of the appeal of moving down under is the improved life style, the theory will go tits up if car crime, burglary, mugging and the rest of it are just as bad down there.

Plus side will be the guarantee of work for me as a mental health nurse, clouds and silver linings.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:10 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

The truth of the matter is that drugs are available everywhere you go in the world, IF you go and look for them...

Before I worked for the Prison service I had no idea of just how bad it was in the UK.... Even the 'weekend drug' culture, associated with clubbing, had casualties... 18/19/21 yr old girls used as mules bringing drugs in from India, Thailand, and the Carribean... in return for a free holiday and as much of whatever drug was in fashion... they were caught and were serving anything from 4 -10 years for importation.
Women whose lives revolved around stealing to pay for their next fix.... Students who thought they'd supplement their Student Loan with a bit of dealing in weed... one girl doing 3 years for possession with intent... and this was all 10 years ago...The worst of it was the compulsory random drugs testing introduced to prisons whilst I was there... Before this everyone smoked a bit of weed.... but as it stays in the system and can be detected by the urine test for 28 days, that went out and in came Heroine as it's gone in 3 days.... the prison service actually created junkies out of occasional cannabis users! An unfortunate backfire of a policy designed to reduce drug usage in prisons.
However, I have to say that in my day to day life I don't come across people selling drugs, I don't see many people who are stoned in the street, but, I live in a rural village, so I'm not surprised. It doesn't mean that it's not out there and I'm sure that it's the same wherever you live.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by why
i feel sorry for the children of pissed,stoned "out of their heads" parents....i

t's up to you if you want to ruin your health and your life but PLEASE not innocent little babies.......
and the life of grandparents and other people who have to look after them. I work with two grandmothers who look after the grandchildren of their daughters. Another lady at work has her 4 children taken away and looked after by her parents because of a previous drug addiction (incl alcohol) which affected her mental health. She works with us as volunteer to prove to the gov that she is able to live a normal life and to get her children back (which in our view she will never get back). My husbands former collegue stopped working because she looks after the baby of the drugged daughter of her partner. The sister of my neighbour has one child looked after by foster parents, another child is looked after by the parents of the father of the child. Across the road of a friend lives a couple in their seventies who look after 3 grandchildren because the parents are drug addicts.

I am not living in the poorest area of Perth.

The coastline is too long to stop drugs coming into the country. I also believe there is a greater acceptance of the problem ("just get on with life") plus the living conditions in Australia make it more possible to use drugs. It is much easier to find support amongst family and friends (eg find a place to live) when things are getting a bit rough. In Europe one is confined to very little space, one is more scrutinized by neighbours, collegues and so forth.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RenShen
Bringing the thread back to the original question raises 2 more:

1. Why are you listening to Kelly Osbourne?

and

2. How did she get a job on radio 1?

Answer to one - As she is one radio one

Answer to two - I have no idea, but I'd like one too!

All in all this has been interesting for me, there has been some answers that surprise me, especially about 'ice' but also from people's attitudes. And I'm prob going to leave it at that after writing an alternative reply because I'll annoy too many people. But thanks for the info..
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:48 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Frank Zappa American composer ''"A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians." Born December 21, 1940Baltimore, Maryland, USA Died December 4, 1993Laurel Canyon, California, USA. Frank Vincent Zappa (December 21, 1940 – December 4, 1993) was an American composer, guitarist, singer and satirist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.