Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I think it is a shame that they move the goal posts and communicate so little, I'm coming up to 24 weeks and nothing....we're supposed to fly in 5 weeks and I started this process in January Talk about stress :/
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree, I'm at 25 weeks now and still nothing, I've not booked yet but so want to know if I can go and have a 5 year old daughter and she is desperate to go to Disney.

Just wish they could keep you more informed!

I hope you hear something soon.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Respectfully, this is the hoop through which you must jump, when you need a waiver for something that happened in your past. US immigration doesn't ever move as fast as people want.

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2012, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i hope you both recieve yours.. I have convinced myself that we will not be able to go this time around. I just wish i knew when i made the appointment in march for june. we did this because it was our week off & we didnt have any spare holiday. If they had informed me on the phone would have changed holiday at work & gone asap but as has normally been 14 - 16 weeks in past applications just thought no different. whoops..
Keep us posted as to when you hear any news.. Were thinking of going to Florida earlier next year if it doesnt come in time for this years holiday..
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

I thought I had jumped through the hoops, having applied so far ahead :/ Still waiting and it's 24 weeks tomorrow, the prices are rising so I may not be able to afford to go now as planned and I have the time booked off from work and cannot change it...it was to be the holiday of a lifetime, just wish they would communicate, it feels like I have wasted all that money for nothing :/
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

another thought has occurred to me....when you get the email do they tell you what sort of visa is being issued? Are you safe to book flights at that point or should you wait till the passport is returned??
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue329
another thought has occurred to me....when you get the email do they tell you what sort of visa is being issued? Are you safe to book flights at that point or should you wait till the passport is returned??
You should already know what sort of visa they're issuing - ie. if you applied for a B2, you'll get a B2.

The email doesn't tell you anything about the actual visa, so you won't know how long it's valid for, or how many entries into the US it allows. The email will have the subject line "US Visa Ready to Issue" and come from the address [email protected]
Visa Coordination Unit

Embassy of the United States of America

24 Grosvenor Square

London

W1A 1AE

With the compliments of the American Embassy

Dear <your name here>

Please be advised that we are now in a position to issue your U.S. visa. Please resubmit your passport to us for visa issuance. Note that you have 30 days from the date indicated above in which to resubmit your passport.

Please be advised that if your passport is not received within this time your application will experience even further delays.

You must resubmit your passport via the Embassy-appointed courier service, The DX Mail Service. Once you are prepared to submit your passport for visa issuance please contact DX by telephone on 0871-562-6666 to arrange pickup of your passport and delivery back to you upon issuance of your visa. The courier service will not have any information about your visa processing.

Important Notice: Your application could take between 5 – 10 workdays to process once it has been received by the Embassy and this cannot be expedited. Once processing is complete, your passport will be handed to DX. A further one to two days should be allowed for delivery.

The Embassy cannot expedite your application once it has been received. Please do not call the Operator Assisted Information Line or email us concerning the progress of your application unless more than two weeks has passed since DX collected your documents, as we will not be able to provide you with any information.

We strongly advise that you do not purchase any tickets for travel to the United States or make irrevocable travel plans until after you have been issued a visa and your passport has been returned to you.

Highly detailed visa information is available from the Embassy's website at http://london.usembassy.gov. Due to our heavy workload, we cannot respond to email inquiries when the subject matter is addressed on the website.

We also cannot respond to requests for expedited processing, or nonimmigrant visa "case status" inquiries which are still within the estimated time frame given on the website, or by the interviewing Consular Officer, whichever is longer.

If you still have questions after reading all of the content on the website, please call the Embassy's Operator Assisted Information Service for personalized service. Contact information can be found on this page: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/index.html.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I meant how long it was valid for etc...many thanks for that info though, it helps if i know what to expect...I am just desperate not to let my family down over my stupidity from over 22 years ago, and our planned travel date is fast approaching so my anxiety level is increasing.
I will post when I hear anything *fingers crossed* it will be soon.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I meant how long it was valid for etc...many thanks for that info though, it helps if i know what to expect...I am just desperate not to let my family down over my stupidity from over 22 years ago, and our planned travel date is fast approaching so my anxiety level is increasing.
I will post when I hear anything *fingers crossed* it will be soon.
You won't know the validity or number of entries until you actually have the visa physically in your hand. For what it's worth, and your mileage may vary, my first B1/B2 waiver of ineligibility was valid for 12 months and one single entry to the US. The second one I applied for was valid for 12 months and multiple entries.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

another £24 phoning them as it is now 24 weeks....they advise it may be another week....i've to phone again nxt wk if i've not heard and they will allow me to email at that point
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

26 weeks today and yay!!! I got my email to send my passport, am so pleased its finally arrived hope you all get yours very soon too!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm really pleased for you can I ask what date you had your interview?
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cosmogal32
26 weeks today and yay!!! I got my email to send my passport, am so pleased its finally arrived hope you all get yours very soon too!
Well done.

When you receive your visa will you please come back and tell us the validity and number of entries you've been allowed, as it's helpful for other people going through the same process.

Have a great trip to the USA.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

I'm really pleased for you can I ask what date you had your interview?
Hey sue,

My interview was the 11th April 2012, I hope you hear something soon
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Well done.

When you receive your visa will you please come back and tell us the validity and number of entries you've been allowed, as it's helpful for other people going through the same process.

Have a great trip to the USA.
Hey,

Yes of course I will

And thank you! My daughter is so excited!

My passport is being collected tomorrow and they said it takes about 2 weeks to come back, so as soon as I've got it, I'll let you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.