Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Mar 26th 2023, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Ratibm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Hello everyone, I just read the full thread, I am travelling to Neom next week. Thank you all for your contribution, it is really useful. Hope to meet some of while I am out there.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

drMobas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
See answers above!

In my case I was approached by external recruiter, and it took 2 weeks from my first meeting with them until I got called for a interview with NEOM. Second interview within a few days, and documentation submission etc was a few days after that again.
Hi

Which documents they requested? In my interview I was told I would need to verify employment history and salary information. Is there anything else they check or require?
Old Apr 5th 2023, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chookie1
Hi , my first post on here but been reading this thread for weeks , thought I would let you know about my Neom Journey so far.
I work in Qatar and was contacted by a recruiter from Dubai early December 2021 about a potential position , I then had two interviews back to back and heard nothing for five weeks , usual for middle east .
I was offered the position early January 22 and the process began. The background check , Hireright , make sure and give them more information than they need as they don't go looking for it , took them about two / three weeks to complete , I then got call from onboarder at Neom to hand in my notice as I was on 30 days .
I was put in touch with a visa company in London and started the education paperwork attestation, that took weeks , by then I had used my annual leave in my notice period and headed back to Scotland , once the paperwork was attested I had to fly from Glasgow to London for a medical , the visa company arranged the medical for me . I also had to get a police certificate online and send the original to the visa company .
So I should get my visa issued late this week or next , then off to Neom , the accommodation people have been in touch and I know where I am staying , and the Neom onboarder has been very good her name is <snip> . Hopefully I will be in Neom in next couple of weeks .
If I can help anyone with any questions about my experience with the visa process , shout out , cheers
Do you know what Hireright checks?
Old Apr 5th 2023, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Hello all

So I have did the interviews, and passed, now i am waiting for the HR to contact me. It has been 2 weeks without any contact, but the hiring manager messaged me twice saying the process is going and they really want me.

During my interview I was told they will run a background check on my work history and my previous salary. Is there anything else they will check?

For the diploma attestation I saw some posts it needs to be done on the Saudi Embassy?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old May 28th 2023, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Traikoff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

My name is Filip and I got an offer to move to Neom and work for Nesma United Industries. They have offered me accommodation or an accommodation allowance. I have tried to check the prices for the 1 bedroom cabins but I'm having a hard time finding anything online.

Are there any available? Anyone else works for Nesma that is willing to share some experiences about the company?

I have lived in Qatar and Dubai previously, so more or less I know what to expect lifestyle wise and I have also made peace that I will be living in an area that is under development and there aren't a lot of exciting things around.

Thank you
Old May 29th 2023, 3:33 am
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone,
Has anyone offered position to move to NEOM under Jones Engineering SMP contract? I have been offered a manager level role but unfortunately with very low salary package. I don't feel that is a right package for a manager level role. I have spent 10 years working in Saudi Arabia and well aware of market and salary packages. The offered package value is the same as when I left Saudi in 2016 (almost 7 years ago). This doesn't make sense to me at all. When I tried negotiating package, they remove me from the shortlist. Anyone working under Jones Engineering contract and able to negotiate?
Old May 29th 2023, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ratibm
Hello everyone, I just read the full thread, I am travelling to Neom next week. Thank you all for your contribution, it is really useful. Hope to meet some of while I am out there.
Congrats and safe travels!
Old May 29th 2023, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xandy
hey everyone,
Has anyone offered position to move to NEOM under Jones Engineering SMP contract? I have been offered a manager level role but unfortunately with very low salary package. I don't feel that is a right package for a manager level role. I have spent 10 years working in Saudi Arabia and well aware of market and salary packages. The offered package value is the same as when I left Saudi in 2016 (almost 7 years ago). This doesn't make sense to me at all. When I tried negotiating package, they remove me from the shortlist. Anyone working under Jones Engineering contract and able to negotiate?
How much did they offer you? I think all the managerial roles have the same salaries
Old May 29th 2023, 10:07 am
Just Joined

SAR. 24K inclusive for 48hrs a week contract
Food & Accomo by client at site
Transport by client at site

To be honest, 24K is a junior level salary, I have over 17+ years of experience
Old May 29th 2023, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by drMobas
How much did they offer you? I think all the managerial roles have the same salaries

Old May 29th 2023, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are totally correct. 24K is not a good salary for 17 years of experience.
Old May 29th 2023, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Yeah it seems short. I have been offered 60k+ benefits
Old May 29th 2023, 10:24 am
Just Joined

That should be the correct figure. When I negotiated the package they (Jones Engineering) have taken me away from the shortlist, though they have offered me position. Anyway, there is no way for me to accept a SAR. 24K package.
Old May 29th 2023, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Direct NEOM or via SMP ?
Old May 29th 2023, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Direct NEOM or via SMP ?
I was approached by a headhunter and hired by Neom

That should be the correct figure. When I negotiated the package they (Jones Engineering) have taken me away from the shortlist, though they have offered me position. Anyway, there is no way for me to accept a SAR. 24K package.
Have you considered applying to Neom Directly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.