Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Nov 23rd 2023, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by DuffyStar
Thanks DeepSix wow, i think average prison cell sizes are larger than that! Lol
someone joked that prison cells are 4x4 ..so you get 50% more and your own bathroom . But small it is. They are talking about expanding the amount of people 'incarcerated ' in TCC from its current inmates of 48 to another 2 hotels
Old Nov 25th 2023, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Maestro18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LinaH
Good morning! My husband has secured a position on the Neom project with Bechtel and we as a family are on board with a move. However yesterday he received an email saying that staff mobilisation had been temporarily suspended which has rattled us a bit. Just wondered if anyone knows whether this is common and if this in fact means there might not be a position for him. Grateful for any insights to put our minds at ease

thank you in advance
Does anyone have any more information on the suspension of staff mobilisation? Is this across all roles at NEOM?
Old Nov 25th 2023, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Nomad_786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks -

1. Seen quite a few roles with ‘Head of..’ where does this usually fit in the pecking order? I assume above senior manager but below director?

2. Those working on Sindalah - where is the accommodation based - is there a camp nearby at all?

3. The salary question - I’ve read it’s between 20 to 25% uplift - in rare cases 30% I hear. If someone is offerred 20% - is there scope to negotiate to 25%?

TIA
Old Nov 25th 2023, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

VikingGringo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nomad_786

3. The salary question - I’ve read it’s between 20 to 25% uplift - in rare cases 30% I hear. If someone is offerred 20% - is there scope to negotiate to 25%?

TIA
I got my verbal offer from HR which was around 30% uplift but I wasn't impressed and let HR know in the call. Written offer was uplift of 39% but required executive approval. Was directly told that it was non-negotiable. Use that info however you like.
negotiable.
Old Nov 27th 2023, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VikingGringo
I got my verbal offer from HR which was around 30% uplift but I wasn't impressed and let HR know in the call. Written offer was uplift of 39% but required executive approval. Was directly told that it was non-negotiable. Use that info however you like.
negotiable.
Thank you, although I do think yours was prob a unique case.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Robin_S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Potential Job

Hello everyone,

First time here and excited to participate in the community

Question - I’ve just received a verbal offer from NEOM (through an executive search firm) and was wondering how they complete their background verification process? In the UK, we have the standard 5 years employment verification + criminal / residency checks, etc. How does it work here? Hearing different things from different people, so thought I would check with those that have actually been through it. I’ve been with my current employer in the UK for the past 10 years, and before then it was a mix of startups and contracting work.

Thanks a ton!
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robin_S
Hello everyone,

First time here and excited to participate in the community

Question - I’ve just received a verbal offer from NEOM (through an executive search firm) and was wondering how they complete their background verification process? In the UK, we have the standard 5 years employment verification + criminal / residency checks, etc. How does it work here? Hearing different things from different people, so thought I would check with those that have actually been through it. I’ve been with my current employer in the UK for the past 10 years, and before then it was a mix of startups and contracting work.

Thanks a ton!
they use the services of a company called Credence in the UK - 2 employment references, address for last 5 years and they carry out basic police check. Note you’ll need to apply for separate ACRO check yourself later.
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Perfecto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,

Firstly thank you to all contributors to posts on here, its been a great help to read through all views and bits of advice!

Im in the early stages of a potential opportunity in NEOM and had one interview so far for a “Senior Manager” role - so I’m told! During the process i spoke to the recruiter to understand what pay would be on offer and i was told that those discussions were for further down the process but expect 20-30% increase on your current salary (incidentally they didn’t even ask what that was!) - reading through all of the posts i understand how the basic salary works and I’m ok with that. My question is about the allowances element… can anyone give a guide to the actual totals in SAR? I haven’t seen that info despite trawling through posts,

Understanding is that the amount paid into your bank account consists of your basic pay PLUS Accommodation, transport and mobile allowance? If thats correct i would really appreciate a guidance on what the additional allowances total up to - so i can get a guide on what the total monthly pay would be.

I also understand that accommodation is provided… so does this mean they pay you an accommodation allowance and take it straight off you? Or is this an additional sum onto your take home pay? I hope that makes sense!

Many thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

MARKGK23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Interesting. I spoke to a Neom employee recently who told me they are on a business visa. Maybe there's some confusion in the visa names. But this employee said that their visa needs renewing every 90 days.
I have a job offer and I’ve passed the background checks etc but I don’t have a Degree just 30 years of work experience. Is there a work around for the lack of a degree?
Old Dec 5th 2023, 6:11 am
Just Joined

VikingGringo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perfecto
Hey there,
Understanding is that the amount paid into your bank account consists of your basic pay PLUS Accommodation, transport and mobile allowance? If thats correct i would really appreciate a guidance on what the additional allowances total up to - so i can get a guide on what the total monthly pay would be.

I also understand that accommodation is provided… so does this mean they pay you an accommodation allowance and take it straight off you? Or is this an additional sum onto your take home pay? I hope that makes sense!
Your total compensation including all allowances will equate to a 20-30% uplift. It is not to be understood as a 20-30% uplift for the base salary and then allowances on top of that. Your accommodation allowance will be paid to you - you will not pay anything for accommodation if you are housed at NEOM.
Old Dec 5th 2023, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you VikingGringo, appreciate the clarification
Old Dec 5th 2023, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Adelica68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LinaH
Good morning! My husband has secured a position on the Neom project with Bechtel and we as a family are on board with a move. However yesterday he received an email saying that staff mobilisation had been temporarily suspended which has rattled us a bit. Just wondered if anyone knows whether this is common and if this in fact means there might not be a position for him. Grateful for any insights to put our minds at ease

thank you in advance
Hello! I'm in the same situation with them, did your husband situation moved forward? I'm just curious if the staffing plan for 2024 is approved now and the company restart the mobilisation process.
Thank you much,
Adrian
Old Dec 5th 2023, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MARKGK23
I have a job offer and I’ve passed the background checks etc but I don’t have a Degree just 30 years of work experience. Is there a work around for the lack of a degree?
Hi Mark,
I'm guessing that if you've done the background check, you are in the onboarding process. The degree requirement is - I believe - a government requirement for a work visa. You should check with your onboarder to be certain before submitting your notice to your current employer and spending money on the visa process...
Good luck!
Old Dec 15th 2023, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Hey there, I had an email a couple of weeks ago saying i had got to the offer stage and it asked me to update my profile with various documents (PP, Payslips, health details etc) before a formal offer could be made - i uploaded them but heard nothing since, is this normal? In the application section of the site it just says “please upload documents” even though I’ve already uploaded and i can see them on the page. Tried contacting the HR recruiter via mail but no response. Any insights welcomed.

Old Dec 15th 2023, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I uploaded the documents and got a verbal offer the same day. I've now waited over three months from then and not received a written offer. Some people progress through the process much quicker though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.