Student Visa - Medicals

Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by boobear
our sale fell through but still going got shippers in tomorrow and the house is upside down I hope the packers are up for a challenge,still plenty of sun and fun to look forward too.
Caroline.
Sorry to hear that, what happened. I am getting very panicky about ours. We had a phone call today to arange a survery. They have already had THREE. This sale has been going on since MID AUGUST!! And he doesn't have a chain!! I don't think we will be able to go if the house sale doesn't go through.
I can't believe how stressful house selling is, the visa, moving to Oz etc is NOTHING compared to selling houses.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
OMG.... OMG... OMG.... WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA!!!!
After some cock ups and delay's (not on our part) we are now on our way to Oz.
Now comes the fun part pushing our house sale through, getting the shipping company in and booking our flights!!!! and maybe a few beers but it is only 6.30am, Oh well a cup of tea will have to do!!

Good luck to everyone hope to meet up with some of you next year!!

Sarah and Russell
:

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

SirDigbyChickenCaesar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student visa

Just thought I'd post to encourage everyone a bit - we put our house up before we left the UK and it fell through THREE times but eventually sold (after we'd left! ah well...), came over on a student visa but within six months OH had found a sponsor for a 457 visa, got the visa, and is all set to go for PR. It is hard, and things won't always go as you want them to, but it's more than worth it when you get here! Don't give up...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scottiew
Hello to you all again, Just a quick one got medicals booked for 6th december, I know it tells you to send all medicals to DIAC direct but can't apply for student visa till March 08, so the question is I will have to hang on to these until march 08????????????
Hi Scottiew,

You don't get handed the medicals they get posted directly by the doc so that there is no chance of any 'tampering' or anything.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Migg to Bris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi Scottiew,

You don't get handed the medicals they get posted directly by the doc so that there is no chance of any 'tampering' or anything.

Cheers
Mandy
sorry for jumping in can anyone tell me what the timescale is for visa granted after sending meds etc to london we have all our paper work in place our TRN number any time lines grateful as we have booked our flights for 23/1/08 our visa application was done on 13/11

thank you

OH and congrats to those lucky people who already have their visas
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Migg to Bris
sorry for jumping in can anyone tell me what the timescale is for visa granted after sending meds etc to london we have all our paper work in place our TRN number any time lines grateful as we have booked our flights for 23/1/08 our visa application was done on 13/11

thank you

OH and congrats to those lucky people who already have their visas
My eds were done on a thurs and visa was granted the monday, my whold porcess was 13 days! some have been longer though
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Migg to Bris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by werty1
My eds were done on a thurs and visa was granted the monday, my whold porcess was 13 days! some have been longer though
thanks werty congrats on your visa
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, our timeline was longer than normal due to cock-ups at the London office over medicals, i.e. misplaced them for 3-wks, but otherwise it's fairly quick. I would expect a reply after all docs submitted around 10-15 days as a guide, maybe quicker though.

Good luck..
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

HI ours is taking ages due to not being able to get meds through quick enough we applied on 24th oct, and meds are still not finalised at london yet and then its going to be at least a week after that as hubby got a b grade on his medical. frustrated!!! julie and lee
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by southern-stars
HI ours is taking ages due to not being able to get meds through quick enough we applied on 24th oct, and meds are still not finalised at london yet and then its going to be at least a week after that as hubby got a b grade on his medical. frustrated!!! julie and lee
Feelin it for ya guys!!!

It'l come all right in the end, ours took 8 weeks!!! Really horrible time and longest wait for anything ever!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Feelin it for ya guys!!!

It'l come all right in the end, ours took 8 weeks!!! Really horrible time and longest wait for anything ever!!

Cheers
Mandy
when do you fly out mandy?
So what do we do when we land in oz? do we just print out the visa grant letter? or anything else?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, just applied for my visa, been hanging on until it really looked like the house sale was going through. Our solicitors are finaly talking so have applied.

BUT, it says it is being processed at the Perth offshore office!! Hasn't everyone else had theirs processed in London? There is no phone number listed for the Perth office. Panick is setting in big time. My course starts on the 4th of Feb, and I was thinking I had plenty of time for the visa as the London ones have been fairly quick.
Hubbie did overstay his visa for Australia back in 1999 and was banned for 3 years, so I am wondering if that is why as I did declare it. They did say at the time he would have no probelm applying for visas in the future.

Also, I have my medical referal but it doesn't say anywhere on it where it needs to be sent. Everyone else has had them sent to London haven't they?And I can't attach my forms at the moment as the website is in maintinance time.

Ahhhhhhhhh
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419797

ok, after reading that thread I am slightly calmer!!! I was really beginning to panick then after hearing all the stories of medicals going to Oz and taking ages. Feeeeuuuuwwwww.

So it looks like everything MAY be falling into place. We told our solicitor today that we want to exchange contracts by the 14th of December, so then we can hand in our notices' and book our flight. Ohhhhh.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, dont worry it will be fine. The visa is processed in perth, but the medicals are sent from your doctors to the london office. London office then process the meds/x-rays, i.e. scan them on to an electronic system and update the evisa tracking system and then the case officer, i.e a helpdesk admin person, normally on helpdesk7 processes the actual visa. We didnt attach our documents using the online option, but simply sent an email with pdf attachments to the evisa helpdesk. We were advised to do this from another student holder and it's alot easier. It's important to group all your documents together to reduce the amount of pdf's, i.e one pdf which contains all passports, another which contains birth cert etc..

Any probs, pls feel free to email at anytime - [email protected]

My course also starts on the 4th Feb and we just booked the flights today for the 1st Jan, yeah that's new years day, as most flights from 3rd to 12th via singapore airlines were fully booked and we wanted to get there around a month before so its not a mad panic before the course starts.

Good luck

Sarah & Russ
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ohhh so now you have given me something else to panick about. What if all the flights are booked???? Anyway, as soon as we complete we will be trotting off to the travel agents so I'm sure we will find SOMETHING leaving before the course starts, even if we have to pay stupid money for it. Ohhh well.

Thanks very much, I suppose I was panicking because of other half having over-stayed his visa. I did tell him he could stay in the UK on his own, but he wasn't too keen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.