Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 30th 2019, 3:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by glb19
Is it the sponsor or the PA who receives the first contact from Sydney after the application has been submitted?

I'm the sponsor who did the entire application (my boyfriend is very "just tell me where and when and I'll show up") so if he'll receive the first contact by email I just want to make sure I've got him paying attention to what emails he's got coming in.
Typical, lol Get into the habit of using the term partner / husband / common law ... you can't sponsor a 'boyfriend'

I recommend having a read of our fantastic wiki section on Spousal Sponsorship which details exactly what happens next...
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...lication_Forms
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
The Sponsor, at least I was and I got the first email. The first lot of stuff is sponsor assessment, so all for you. But at the end of that they will start asking for medicals etc from the PA, it is then he will start getting comms on his MyCIC account - so get him to open an account and link the appolication (or do it for him) and check it regularly (or do it for him).
The online accounts confuse me a bit - do we both need an account with MyCIC or just him being the PA? I hadn't set anything up as I assumed we would need some sort of application number from Sydney to link the application to an online account which we don't have yet. (Edit: although I've just read the wiki and see if can be linked in another way, sounds like it'll be simpler to just wait til we have an application number? )

Last edited by glb19; Jan 31st 2019 at 9:19 am.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glb19
The online accounts confuse me a bit - do we both need an account with MyCIC or just him being the PA? I hadn't set anything up as I assumed we would need some sort of application number from Sydney to link the application to an online account which we don't have yet. (Edit: although I've just read the wiki and see if can be linked in another way, sounds like it'll be simpler to just wait til we have an application number? )
You should both get account AIUI. They will send sponsor stuff to you and PA stuff to, err.... the PA. The wiki here tells you what you need to do to create an account and yes, probably best to wait until AOR1 when you get the number as you can then be certain they have set your application up on their system.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...ll_about_MyCIC
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all. Still nothing from LVO since being transferred there in July. We are hoping to exchange on our flat next week with a view to completing early March and moving soon after under dual intent.

Was just having a nose at the timeline to see what's going on and am wondering how you know they are reviewing eligibility? for the <!--br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Review of Eligibility In Progress section? do they send you a letter or is it just in ECAS or GCKey? Guess I'm just clutching a straws trying to find a hint of something moving. I know this is a 12 month (or longer process) but I've seen people (on other groups) approved through LVO who applied months and months after us so it seems they don't even do these things in order. I'm just so frustrated so needed a little moan I suppose. Sorry for the rant... *sigh
Old Feb 5th 2019, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, sorry to hear it's taking so long! Just curious, in eCAS, what does it say under line 2 of Permanent Residence? Mine says they started processing application on January 24th. I hope it means that they are actually currently working on it and making some progress... For an application that was received in August, what a wait!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Not sure what you mean by line 2. This hasn't changed since July:

The dates don't really match what we've been through either as you can see by my signature.
Hope it's not too much longer for you either but be prepared...
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing. In GCKey it says that my application is processing since November and in eCAS since January. So I hope that they are now actually working on it in London. Very frustrating to see how applicants that have submitted theirs months later and processed in Mississauga, are already approved. We want to plan but can't really move forward this way... Anyway, all the best and good luck!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizLon
Morning all. Still nothing from LVO since being transferred there in July. We are hoping to exchange on our flat next week with a view to completing early March and moving soon after under dual intent.

Was just having a nose at the timeline to see what's going on and am wondering how you know they are reviewing eligibility? for the <!--br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Review of Eligibility In Progress section? do they send you a letter or is it just in ECAS or GCKey? Guess I'm just clutching a straws trying to find a hint of something moving. I know this is a 12 month (or longer process) but I've seen people (on other groups) approved through LVO who applied months and months after us so it seems they don't even do these things in order. I'm just so frustrated so needed a little moan I suppose. Sorry for the rant... *sigh
No, they dont process in any particular order. I suspect that means your file is assigned to a particular case officer in a particular workstream. I have recorded timelines where one case was processed start to finish in 47 days and another that took 18 months. There is no rime nor reason to it, just settle in with the idea that it will take one year and anything less is a bonus
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a bit confused as to which office was processing my application. As per the wiki: 'You will find out which office is processing your application when you receive sponsor approval; the address of the office that has your application will be listed on the approval email or letter.'
The email my spouse received was from 'Case Processing Centre Sydney' so I guess that's our office. Is Mississauga no longer processing outland applications?
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dd123
I was a bit confused as to which office was processing my application. As per the wiki: 'You will find out which office is processing your application when you receive sponsor approval; the address of the office that has your application will be listed on the approval email or letter.'
The email my spouse received was from 'Case Processing Centre Sydney' so I guess that's our office. Is Mississauga no longer processing outland applications?
Per the guidelines and instructions for mailing applications... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ld.html#submit

Mississauga is for Inland applications.
Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC-Mississauga

Outland goes to Sydney
Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 5th 2019 at 8:27 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
No, they dont process in any particular order. I suspect that means your file is assigned to a particular case officer in a particular workstream. I have recorded timelines where one case was processed start to finish in 47 days and another that took 18 months. There is no rime nor reason to it, just settle in with the idea that it will take one year and anything less is a bonus
I know. I was just being optimistic for so long and now it's really getting me down since we are ready to go and tired of our lives being on hold. I'm going to order our notes in the next couple of days to see what's going on as if I believe GCKey then they haven't even started the background check or review of eligibility which seems ridiculous given our timeframe. They have about 2 months until our 12 months are up and most of that has been sitting in a room somewhere down the road from my office in Holborn (Canada House in Traf Sq.)!!!! I wish I could just walk over and shake someone!!!!!

*sigh.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know. I was just being optimistic for so long and now it's really getting me down since we are ready to go and tired of our lives being on hold. I'm going to order our notes in the next couple of days to see what's going on as if I believe GCKey then they haven't even started the background check or review of eligibility which seems ridiculous given our timeframe. They have about 2 months until our 12 months are up and most of that has been sitting in a room somewhere down the road from my office in Holborn (Canada House in Traf Sq.)!!!! I wish I could just walk over and shake someone!!!!!

*sigh.
I feel for your predicament, I really do. All I can say is that when things do start to move, they normally move very quickly, often in a couple of weeks. At least ordering your notes will feel like you are doing something
Old Feb 6th 2019, 4:25 pm
Banned

*sigh.
It shouldn't be much longer - but the 12 months is the AVERAGE for processing - not the guarantee. Your time frame seems pretty normal to me, in all honesty. Are you reading updates on eCAS or MyCIC? Are you reading the Sponsor notes or the Sponsored Applicant? Please bear in mind that you are one of hundreds (if not thousands) of different applications being processed at any one time.. frustrating though it might be... everyone thinks theirs should get priority.. if only it worked that way and we could wave a magic wand!

They received your application in Aptil - Sponsor approval was given at some point after that date, and the file was transferred to London for the applicants part of the process which presumably began in August once they had received all the information they requested in June, so the dates aren't that far off.

With Immigration files there is a 'bought forward date' - i.e. the date on which the file will be checked and updated again. It's often 6 weeks or more (90 days for some parts where they are waiting for you to respond) between the b/f dates. Because they had to ask for more information the process will take longer.

You mention ordering your notes, if you have someone in Canada to do so for you, it will be much cheaper - but you are so close to the end is there really any point? You are still within the time frame... hang in there.. use this time to prepare for your move across.. our Wiki has some helpful/useful info on that! https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada

Keeping everything crossed for you...

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 6th 2019 at 4:29 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

It's two months to the day since we handed our application over to DHL and sent it on it's way...

Finally received AOR today! So at least we know someone has finally opened our package at least and things are starting to move along...

Could you please update your spreadsheet Hurlabrick ?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10th 2019, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koaski
It's two months to the day since we handed our application over to DHL and sent it on it's way...

Finally received AOR today! So at least we know someone has finally opened our package at least and things are starting to move along...

Could you please update your spreadsheet Hurlabrick ?

Thanks!
Spreadsheet updated. It's a long wait I am afraid!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.