Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

p.s. ECAS says Decision Made!
Old Jan 18th 2017, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Congratulations - spreadsheet updated!
Old Jan 18th 2017, 1:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, fantastic news!
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question:- If I land at a land border (flagpole), can I leave and re-enter again by land (not by air) before my PR Card is with me?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question:- If I land at a land border (flagpole), can I leave and re-enter again by land (not by air) before my PR Card is with me?
Yes but take a copy of your COPR with you if driving in a private vehicle.
If using the train, ferry or bus you will need the PR card as they are still commercial carriers.

Permanent residents (PRs) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada
Understand permanent resident status
Old Jan 19th 2017, 12:16 am
Just Joined

natcat7000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We have received our COPR!

Letter enclosing the COPR was dated 16 December 2016. Though we only received it today due to us being eejits and not updating our new address (we knew we had to, we just thought we had ages of waiting time so no urgency. Again, eejits).

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way.

natcat7000
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natcat7000
Hi there,

We have received our COPR!

Letter enclosing the COPR was dated 16 December 2016. Though we only received it today due to us being eejits and not updating our new address (we knew we had to, we just thought we had ages of waiting time so no urgency. Again, eejits).

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way.

natcat7000
Congratulations - quite a wait, now the real fun begins! Spreadsheet updated
Old Jan 19th 2017, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes but take a copy of your COPR with you if driving in a private vehicle.
If using the train, ferry or bus you will need the PR card as they are still commercial carriers.

Permanent residents (PRs) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada
Understand permanent resident status

That explains this very nicely (to me at least!).

I have taken the liberty of paraphrasing this post slightly and including it in the wiki article as another 'scenario' on the Permanent Residence Card - Canada wiki.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Kanukki is an unknown quantity at this point

I have now received the Passport Request email, after my ECAS status changing to DM earlier on in the week. Now I just need to get some new photos taken, and send those off!

I did have one quick question about the PPR email. The email says that visa exempt nationals who do not have a MyCIC account should mail a copy of the passport, along with photos and a self addressed envelope. It goes on to say that if you have a MyCIC account, you should upload the scanned passport, and only mail the photos - i.e. there is no mention of the self-addressed envelope. I just wanted to clarify whether I should still include an envelope if I am only sending in the photos?
Old Jan 19th 2017, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kanukki
I have now received the Passport Request email, after my ECAS status changing to DM earlier on in the week. Now I just need to get some new photos taken, and send those off!

I did have one quick question about the PPR email. The email says that visa exempt nationals who do not have a MyCIC account should mail a copy of the passport, along with photos and a self addressed envelope. It goes on to say that if you have a MyCIC account, you should upload the scanned passport, and only mail the photos - i.e. there is no mention of the self-addressed envelope. I just wanted to clarify whether I should still include an envelope if I am only sending in the photos?
Spreadsheet updated thanks.

I would take them at their word and upload the passport and post the photos without a reply paid - they ain't gonna be sending them back to you that's for sure - and they post the CoPR to you anyway.

PS - would you be kind enough to describe in detail (and perhaps email me some screen copies) of how you actually upload on MyCIC? Although I too had MyCIC, I never had to upload anything so I don't know firsthand how this works - I would really like to be able to describe this in detail in the wiki article to help others in future (as some people cannot seem to figure out how to do it). If you PM me, I will let you have my email address.....
Old Jan 19th 2017, 9:53 am
Just Joined

snpero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kanukki
It goes on to say that if you have a MyCIC account, you should upload the scanned passport, and only mail the photos - i.e. there is no mention of the self-addressed envelope. I just wanted to clarify whether I should still include an envelope if I am only sending in the photos?
For my EE application, I had these same instructions, as EE uses MyCIC.
I uploaded the asked documents on MyCIC in one single PDF document and mailed the paper photos along with a self-addressed return envelope without any stamps or payment. They used this envelope to send me the COPR as signed for mail.

Last edited by snpero; Jan 19th 2017 at 9:57 am.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

jkoj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Exciting update:
had request 2 weeks ago for photos and passport copy... posted them on Monday (took longer to walk to post office than it would have to walk to Canada House , but hey ho!)...
Today got notified of new message and it says the COPR form has been issued.. presume it will come in the post tomorrow or Saturday.

Crucial question is the validity, i.e. when we have to enter by... it says 09/08/2017 - is this Sept 8 or August 9? It's crucial as we already have flights booked for 11 August and he will make an quick trip if he has to, but would save money if the validity is September.
Can someone check theirs to see what date format this is?

Thanks!
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jkoj
Hello! Exciting update:
had request 2 weeks ago for photos and passport copy... posted them on Monday (took longer to walk to post office than it would have to walk to Canada House , but hey ho!)...
Today got notified of new message and it says the COPR form has been issued.. presume it will come in the post tomorrow or Saturday.

Crucial question is the validity, i.e. when we have to enter by... it says 09/08/2017 - is this Sept 8 or August 9? It's crucial as we already have flights booked for 11 August and he will make an quick trip if he has to, but would save money if the validity is September.

Thanks!
I am reasonably sure that it's August 9th. When did you have your medicals done? That might be a clue.

Someone else who got a COPR recently can hopefully confirm, but I'm about 99% sure it's August 9th.

Congrats on getting the good news, though! Let us know when you get COPR in hand!
Old Jan 19th 2017, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

jkoj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I am reasonably sure that it's August 9th. When did you have your medicals done? That might be a clue.

Someone else who got a COPR recently can hopefully confirm, but I'm about 99% sure it's August 9th.

Congrats on getting the good news, though! Let us know when you get COPR in hand!
I'm pretty sure you're right, but it seems very coincidental that the application was received by them on 8 Sept 2016. Medicals were done 3 August 2016.

Hopefully someone will have a better example of the date!
Old Jan 19th 2017, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jkoj
Hello! Exciting update:

Thanks!
Another vote for August 9th I am afraid!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.