Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:59 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
They do not have a practice, currently, of refusing people without further document request or interview.

You could try calling the call centre (holding for 30 mins and) seeing if they will tell you.
The call centre WILL NOT tell you the result, there's no point even trying.

But as tweed said, they will not reject you without a whole load of communication before that - asking you to provide more evidence or review your case or whatever. The only thing they sometimes do do is early on in the process if a form is missing or out of date or whatever then they'll send the app back, but it's not a rejection, it's just them saying you need to fix it up and resubmit... and you would have had that awhlei ago if that were the case.

So without being able to say for sure, because no one can until you get the actual form in hand, there's about a 99.99999% chance that you've been approved. If you're able to check your app on MyCIC you should be able to get more detail there, and I believe a copy of the COPR as well.

Congrats!
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

But as tweed said, they will not reject you without a whole load of communication before that - asking you to provide more evidence or review your case or whatever. The only thing they sometimes do do is early on in the process if a form is missing or out of date or whatever then they'll send the app back, but it's not a rejection, it's just them saying you need to fix it up and resubmit... and you would have had that awhlei ago if that were the case.

So without being able to say for sure, because no one can until you get the actual form in hand, there's about a 99.99999% chance that you've been approved. If you're able to check your app on MyCIC you should be able to get more detail there, and I believe a copy of the COPR as well.

Congrats!
The fella told me. Have to say I was very surprised when he did.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

DeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond reputeDeanN has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I sort of thought that might be the case. I did in fact forget one form when I first submitted but re-sent it quickly (this was back in August).

Like some others here I have never been able to access MyCIC, no matter what combination of my details I enter. Not that it matters now, I guess.

Congrats!
Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
The call centre told me I had been approved for PR - and suggested I contact the local CIC office as my son's COPR couldn't be issued until I 'landed' (I was Inland, he was Outland).

Perhaps it depends on who you get to talk to?

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 10:23 am
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, an update:
We received the paper COPR on Saturday. The expiry is 12 months plus a few days from the medicals. Unfortunately that's just 6 days before we're able to move. We'll have to do a "landing" trip, not a huge deal considering the whole process has been relatively straightforward (thanks in large part to the British Expats community). Thanks again.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to the previous post, we've just realised we're in a sticky situation. The sponsored spouse needs to 'land' before 28 June. We need to leave first week of July to settle in Canada. The estimated processing time for PR cards is now 56 days. So, we need to 'land' at the latest by end of April so that there's time for the card to arrive at our Canadian address and then be forwarded on to our Hong Kong address. We are flying Air Canada on one-way tickets in July.

Is this correct?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smojphace
Hi, an update:
We received the paper COPR on Saturday. The expiry is 12 months plus a few days from the medicals. Unfortunately that's just 6 days before we're able to move. We'll have to do a "landing" trip, not a huge deal considering the whole process has been relatively straightforward (thanks in large part to the British Expats community). Thanks again.
Congratulations, spreadsheet updated!
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smojphace
Just to add to the previous post, we've just realised we're in a sticky situation. The sponsored spouse needs to 'land' before 28 June. We need to leave first week of July to settle in Canada. The estimated processing time for PR cards is now 56 days. So, we need to 'land' at the latest by end of April so that there's time for the card to arrive at our Canadian address and then be forwarded on to our Hong Kong address. We are flying Air Canada on one-way tickets in July.

Is this correct?
Yes, correct - we are doing the same thing with the same time allowance between landing for PR and our final residence trip.

The alternative is to land for PR, but nor provide a Canadian address, but to do that within 180 days and later apply for a PR Travel Document (a one use only), but the paperwork is significant and there are processing timescales for that too.

Alternatively, fly to the US and cross by private vehicle to Canada by road using your copy CoPR.

The problem seems to be a 'Catch 22' that you have to present a PR Card OR have an ETA before the airline will allow you to board, but the ETA is supposed go be cancelled when you land and declare PR (although some have reported that it has not been cancelled.

Useful stuff about the PR Card and ETA etc. here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Jan 23rd 2017 at 7:58 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Ingeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just adding to the time line spreadsheet.

Canadian husband, sponsoring Dutch wife. We both live in U.K.
We used the new forms which were received in Misssissauga 16 Jan 2017.
Just wanted to say thank you to all on the forum, for the very helpful information
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ingeb
Just adding to the time line spreadsheet.

Canadian husband, sponsoring Dutch wife. We both live in U.K.
We used the new forms which were received in Misssissauga 16 Jan 2017.
Just wanted to say thank you to all on the forum, for the very helpful information

Added to spreadsheet, please keep us updated. Congratulations on the first big step!
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Just got a message yesterday asking to send in a 'Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union 5409' form.

Unfortunately my partners email address has been compromised and after speaking at length with Hotmail, we will have to keep filling out the lost account form.

Anyway, I have contacted CIC and explained this, hoping to get the email re sent to her new address. After looking on my CIC account, there is an option to upload this form, it specifically asks for it, although there is no mention of this in the message from CIC (I can see their message on my CIC account, just can't reply as I can't see the email address, as it would be in the Hotmail account) to just upload it on my CIC account, they want me to email it?

Has anyone had a similar experience? Also, is getting asked for this form positive or not?

Hopefully that post is easy enough to follow... :S

Many thanks
Old Jan 24th 2017, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pjm3586
Hello all,

Just got a message yesterday asking to send in a 'Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union 5409' form.

Unfortunately my partners email address has been compromised and after speaking at length with Hotmail, we will have to keep filling out the lost account form.

Anyway, I have contacted CIC and explained this, hoping to get the email re sent to her new address. After looking on my CIC account, there is an option to upload this form, it specifically asks for it, although there is no mention of this in the message from CIC (I can see their message on my CIC account, just can't reply as I can't see the email address, as it would be in the Hotmail account) to just upload it on my CIC account, they want me to email it?

Has anyone had a similar experience? Also, is getting asked for this form positive or not?

Hopefully that post is easy enough to follow... :S

Many thanks

No contest - upload it via your MyCIC account!

Ottawa have requested this particular form now more often than not (despite the instructions saying it is not mandatory). The positive is that they are clearly actively reviewing your application, which is good!

Keep the momentum going by getting it in quickly I suggest....

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Hurlabrick.

As CLP we have recently took out a joint life insurance/critical illness policy literally last week.

On the 'Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union 5409' it asks whether or not we have any such joint policies. If included, will they ask for a copy? I have no problem enclosing one, I just hope they don't think we have only taken out the policy for the purposes of the application as the dates will be very close.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 3:14 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjm3586
Thanks for the info Hurlabrick.

As CLP we have recently took out a joint life insurance/critical illness policy literally last week.

On the 'Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union 5409' it asks whether or not we have any such joint policies. If included, will they ask for a copy? I have no problem enclosing one, I just hope they don't think we have only taken out the policy for the purposes of the application as the dates will be very close.
You said you got the policy before the doc request, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

I sent off my additional docs (photos, passport photocopy, prepaid envelope) yesterday. Hopefully, COPR should be in hand within a couple of weeks (fingers crossed!)

Does anybody know how long PR card takes to process once landed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.