Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by koaski
Quick update for the spreadsheet - biometrics and medical both done today.
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

glb19

Both in one day is perfectly do-able. I did exactly that in London today...

As a rough idea of times for you:

Biometrics walk-in without an appointment - I went about 10am this morning and it was about a 45 minute wait for 2 minutes in a cubicle to get your photo and fingerprint scan. By the time I left the queue was out the door though so get there early or book a timeslot.

Had the medical at 2pm this afternoon which took about 2 hours in total - though they misplaced my paperwork/passport in between the physical exam and the x-ray and spent 45 minutes trying to find it. So long as that doesn't happen to you too, you should be in and out in an hour and a half tops.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

glb19

Both in one day is perfectly do-able. I did exactly that in London today...

As a rough idea of times for you:

Biometrics walk-in without an appointment - I went about 10am this morning and it was about a 45 minute wait for 2 minutes in a cubicle to get your photo and fingerprint scan. By the time I left the queue was out the door though so get there early or book a timeslot.

Had the medical at 2pm this afternoon which took about 2 hours in total - though they misplaced my paperwork/passport in between the physical exam and the x-ray and spent 45 minutes trying to find it. So long as that doesn't happen to you too, you should be in and out in an hour and a half tops.
Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 24th 2019, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I’m so full of questions... are all 4 of the medical locations linked with IRCC and the eMedical system? Just curious as it says to bring 4 recent photos if the practice doesn’t work with IRCC... but then I can’t imagine why any of them wouldn’t?
Old Feb 24th 2019, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by glb19
Sorry, I’m so full of questions... are all 4 of the medical locations linked with IRCC and the eMedical system? Just curious as it says to bring 4 recent photos if the practice doesn’t work with IRCC... but then I can’t imagine why any of them wouldn’t?
I'd be really surprised if any of the UK clinics don't use the eMedical system. The London one definitely does. I asked about bringing photos when I called to make an appointment and they laughed saying that hadn't been necessary in years - they take the photo digitally there as part of the process.

I guess it remains an option for countries where internet access isn't necessarily a given at the doctors clinic so they can still submit results by fax/courier.

Take the letter along as they'll photocopy it to confirm your IME number but everything is uploaded directly to your online account.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 9:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

All Panel Physicians are appointed by IRCC - but not all of them are E-Medical capable. So, it's not "doesn't work with IRCC" it's if they are not Emedical capable ... In other words, if they have to complete the documentation by hand on paper, then they need the photos

Never apologise for asking questions... that's what we're here for!
Old Feb 25th 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
All Panel Physicians are appointed by IRCC - but not all of them are E-Medical capable. So, it's not "doesn't work with IRCC" it's if they are not Emedical capable ... In other words, if they have to complete the documentation by hand on paper, then they need the photos

Never apologise for asking questions... that's what we're here for!
Ah right ok, that makes sense. Trying to persuade my partner to do everything in London in one day, but if not then he'll probably do the Birmingham one (although they have shocking reviews!)

Thank you all for your help so far Now just need to keep bugging my partner to actually get them booked asap!
Old Feb 25th 2019, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hurlabrick,

Can I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Info: UK Outland, applied from England. Common-Law. Sponsor is Canadian Citizen, I’m the Principal Applicant and British, currently living in England.

They received our application on 21st Dec 2018

We got AOR on 15th Feb 2019

I got biometrics request on 22nd Feb 2019.

If you need any other information then please let me know.

Thanks!
Old Feb 25th 2019, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by no real plan
Hi Hurlabrick,

Can I be added to the spreadsheet please?

Info: UK Outland, applied from England. Common-Law. Sponsor is Canadian Citizen, I’m the Principal Applicant and British, currently living in England.

They received our application on 21st Dec 2018

We got AOR on 15th Feb 2019

I got biometrics request on 22nd Feb 2019.

If you need any other information then please let me know.

Thanks!
Happy to add you and have done so. Just post updated here on this thread. Best of luck!
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Just got Sponsor Approval, yay!
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just got Sponsor Approval, yay!
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Happy to add you and have done so. Just post updated here on this thread. Best of luck!
Thank you and thank you! Already got some information to add to the spreadsheet.

25th Feb 2019 - Medical Request Received

26th Feb 2019 - Sponsor Approval Received
Old Feb 26th 2019, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by no real plan
Thank you and thank you! Already got some information to add to the spreadsheet.

25th Feb 2019 - Medical Request Received

26th Feb 2019 - Sponsor Approval Received
Congratulations - moving along pretty much on schedule. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Sponsor approval came through - whoop!
Old Feb 26th 2019, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sponsor approval came through - whoop!
Must be catching! Spreadsheet updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.