Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 26th 2019, 4:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

I know how frustrating it is, don't take the 12 months as the upper limit - bear in mind that the 12 months is the AVERAGE time (for 80% of them) - some take shorter, some longer.
Checking processing times
How are processing times calculated? Processing times are measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

We are committed to processing most complete applications within this time. Processing times will vary based on:
  • the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors
Use this time to prepare for the move! We've some handy tips in the wiki
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depar..._(UK_to_Canada)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 26th 2019 at 4:10 am.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bahhhh. Take off my green line

We just got an email about additional documents/informing of any changes etc. I've read it several times and I'm so so confused.

1) UK is visa-exempt, right? It gives you a link to check if you are but all it does it send you to a page that tells you if you need an eTA to travel to Canada. I'm just assuming we don't actually have to send his passport in... it says if visa exempt then we have to upload a photocopy on MyCIC.

2) It says we must submit together: A copy of this letter including the Updated Information Chart, Passports or Photocopies, and Two photos of yourself. Does this mean that we have to submit new photos? They re-took them 3 times at Max Spielman that day as they wanted to make sure they were perfect for us, and they had the guidelines sheet. One photo had name and birth date, date the photo was taken, and name of the studio so I can't figure out what could've been wrong with them.

3) It says for citizens using MyCiC AND from a visa exempt country, that we need to mail these photos... but I'm not entirely sure to where? The only address on the letter seems to be the London office at Canada House. Is this correct?

Regarding having to upload a copy of the letter with updated information, do we actually have to upload the letter to MyCiC even if no info has changed?

God I'm confused
Old Mar 27th 2019, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

No - your green line on the spreadsheet stays! You HAVE decision made, they are now asking for the final stuff they need to issue your CoPR - it is all good news I assure you and perfectly normal!

Originally Posted by glb19
1) UK is visa-exempt, right? It gives you a link to check if you are but all it does it send you to a page that tells you if you need an eTA to travel to Canada. I'm just assuming we don't actually have to send his passport in... it says if visa exempt then we have to upload a photocopy on MyCIC.
The UK is without question visa-exempt. All you need to upload is a photocopy of the passport biographical pages.

2) It says we must submit together: A copy of this letter including the Updated Information Chart, Passports or Photocopies, and Two photos of yourself. Does this mean that we have to submit new photos? They re-took them 3 times at Max Spielman that day as they wanted to make sure they were perfect for us, and they had the guidelines sheet. One photo had name and birth date, date the photo was taken, and name of the studio so I can't figure out what could've been wrong with them.
Yes, send in two new photos by mail. Probably nothing at all wrong with them, these are probably the photos they will need to send on for you PR Card once you land OR they want you to send physical photos to London VO as your case was processed in Mississauga (where they presumably hold the actual photos) and it will be London VO that issues your CoPR.

3) It says for citizens using MyCiC AND from a visa exempt country, that we need to mail these photos... but I'm not entirely sure to where? The only address on the letter seems to be the London office at Canada House. Is this correct?
Yes correct. Mail them to Canada House, Trafalgar Square - you can google the full postal address.

Regarding having to upload a copy of the letter with updated information, do we actually have to upload the letter to MyCiC even if no info has changed?
I would do what they say if I were you. Also send a copy of their letter in the mail with your photos, helps them to link with your application.

This is all excellent news, this is them saying you are approved, just send us this stuff and we will send you a CoPR!

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Mar 27th 2019 at 8:05 am.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 8:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Bahhhh. Take off my green line

We just got an email about additional documents/informing of any changes etc. I've read it several times and I'm so so confused.

2) It says we must submit together: A copy of this letter including the Updated Information Chart, Passports or Photocopies, and Two photos of yourself. Does this mean that we have to submit new photos? They re-took them 3 times at Max Spielman that day as they wanted to make sure they were perfect for us, and they had the guidelines sheet. One photo had name and birth date, date the photo was taken, and name of the studio so I can't figure out what could've been wrong with them. Don't forget the dates may change

God I'm confused

Deep breath - it's all pretty standard!

eTA's are digital, no need to send a passport anywhere for that. Anyone who isn't a Canadian Citizen (and hasn't got some kind of visa, generally) needs one - although theoretically if you have received your COPR you shouldn't need one, but rather than risk getting turned away at the airport, I think I'd get one anyway, for the sake of $7 : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...um=1184&top=16

With regards to the 'copy of passport' part - that's standard, just to show that you still have the same passport, or if you have renewed it and have a new one, a copy for the file.

Yes - Updated Information Chart is standard.. you must complete it and send it / upload it... this is why we recommend you keeping a copy of all forms / documents that you submit, so that you have all the information to hand when you need to send the updated form to them.

You DO need to mail the photos so that one can be attached to your COPR and the other can be kept on file. Yes, London office is where you send them if that is the office processing your application. Sometimes they ask for new ones if there has been some months between the time of your original application and your application being finalised and the COPR issued... just do what they require, you are so nearly there!

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 27th 2019 at 9:21 am.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the speedy response, Hurlabrick and Siouxie. Back to Asda we go this weekend then! We still have the USB with the photos they gave us last time so hopefully they can just reprint.

Ok I'll be sure to fill in the Information Chart... luckily I did scan the application so I can remember exactly what height in cm I put on it for him It just hit me though that we estimated... wonder what they put down at the medical haha. As the sponsor, do I have to fill in the "Spouse/Partner" line on it?

I wonder if anyone actually successfully gets through this whole process without use of this or other forums haha... now to go get rid of this headache I got from studying the letter several times.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 8:59 am
Just Joined

mclaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi glb19,
I was going to post about this earlier but its been a busy day! We have received the same letter yesterday (26th March). We have followed the instructions but as MyCIC has not updated for us yet, we cannot upload the documents required, so we sent everything by post today to be safe. We sent; the letter, appendix A, copy of passport, two new photos (note the photos are not the small passport size; they should be 50mm x 70mm as per the link in the letter and taken in the last 6 months) and a self addressed envelope. We also included a cover letter explaining that we are using MyCIC but cannot upload the documents there yet, hence why we are sending everything. I will let this forum know when we hear back!

Hurlabrick - I think that means we have completed stage 2! I don't know when ECAS changed to decision made; i was not monitoring that one, only MyCIC, which has not changed to anything exciting yet, but we did receive the same letter as glb19 on 26th March. We have already sent all the documents which should reach Canada House tomorrow. Exciting times!
Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclaud
Hi glb19,
I was going to post about this earlier but its been a busy day! We have received the same letter yesterday (26th March). We have followed the instructions but as MyCIC has not updated for us yet, we cannot upload the documents required, so we sent everything by post today to be safe. We sent; the letter, appendix A, copy of passport, two new photos (note the photos are not the small passport size; they should be 50mm x 70mm as per the link in the letter and taken in the last 6 months) and a self addressed envelope. We also included a cover letter explaining that we are using MyCIC but cannot upload the documents there yet, hence why we are sending everything. I will let this forum know when we hear back!

Hurlabrick - I think that means we have completed stage 2! I don't know when ECAS changed to decision made; i was not monitoring that one, only MyCIC, which has not changed to anything exciting yet, but we did receive the same letter as glb19 on 26th March. We have already sent all the documents which should reach Canada House tomorrow. Exciting times!
Passport request IS their 'decision made' (MyCIC and ECAS can be unreliable either way). You did the right thing send it all by mail as you have to send photos that way anyway. Please let us know when you get your CoPR - probably a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi glb19,

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue you had with uploading the documents on MyCIC? I'm just looking at mine now and actually can't find anywhere to upload anything... I click on the bit that says 'View Submitted application or upload documents" and it takes me to a page that has Supporting Documents, Optional Documents, and Fees, but there's no where to click to upload anything?

Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

To go with my above message, this is what the page shows - If I click on Next at the bottom of it, it takes me to the page where you electronically sign for your uploaded document... even though I can't upload one in the first place.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 28th 2019 at 4:32 am. Reason: Large images cause issues for those on phones/tablets or with slow internet :)
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue you had with uploading the documents on MyCIC? I'm just looking at mine now and actually can't find anywhere to upload anything... I click on the bit that says 'View Submitted application or upload documents" and it takes me to a page that has Supporting Documents, Optional Documents, and Fees, but there's no where to click to upload anything?
Yes, this is what we have as well; when we had to upload medical results it was quite clear what I needed to do; there was an upload button on the "supporting documents" in the section from your screen grab above. But like you, I don't have the option to upload anything, that's why we sent all our documents by post, as if we had not been using MyCIC. We didnt want to wait for it to update; who knows how long it can take!

Our application process still says that is is under review, even though a decision has been made:
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, this is what we have as well; when we had to upload medical results it was quite clear what I needed to do; there was an upload button on the "supporting documents" in the section from your screen grab above. But like you, I don't have the option to upload anything, that's why we sent all our documents by post, as if we had not been using MyCIC. We didnt want to wait for it to update; who knows how long it can take!

Our application process still says that is is under review, even though a decision has been made:
So since you sent everything in, did you sent the actual passport or just the photocopy?

My stuff says the exact same as yours at the moment.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

So since you sent everything in, did you sent the actual passport or just the photocopy?
we sent a photocopy of passport, the letter, appendix A, two new photos and a self addressed envelope. hopefully that will enable them to process our file!
Old Mar 28th 2019, 4:38 am
Banned

Very common, unfortunately, it may be that they didn't remember to enable the upload feature for this request.
See https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...n_requested.3F for what do instead
Old Mar 28th 2019, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for confirming Siouxie Will get everything posted out on Monday.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

There was a miscommunication with my husbands medical referral and his appointment has been delayed until April 4th.

The medical letter was sent to us dated March 8th.

Would you upload a document to the website explaining the situation or do we still have time technically as 30 days will be on April 8th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.