Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:33 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by KernowIan
I am saddened to read everyone else remains in the same boat as us.

I escalated my wife's case by phone on 25 July. Being sceptical I followed up the phone call reference with a paid email a day later, with a detailed letter of complaint that covered the pertinent detail of my wife's application as being solid in all respects.

The 25 July call was taken by a British speaking girl who said all the right things and seemed to grasp the hardship and emotional stress that my 4yo son is going through without mummy. She promised someone would call be back. Not so!

Two paid emails sent since to get them to confirm escalation which was eventually forthcoming, again from a girl with a British name. The date of escalation according to them is 31 July, so, like others here, they are taking 5 working days to commence the escalation of 15 days, so in effect the escalation is actually 20 days duration.

Concurrently I have sent a written complaint to the Home Office (Croyden), cc to my MP, again detailing the fact that due to my parental responsibilities of my 4yo son during the school holidays I am likely to be dismissed from my recently started job. I started employment deliberately @60 day point as I was sure my wife would be here by now to take care of our son. I am still on a probationary period, and without management understanding I will be fired.

My poor wife is besides herself with the separation (we have been living together permanently for 7 years prior to my move back to UK in May). Our son is asking me will he ever see his mummy again.
Try to save your job! I wish you all the very best and to receive your visa at earliest as possible. Some circumstances are invertible
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey People the following info may be useful. I couldnt find a recent post relating to concern over whether escalating a case would delay the process.(the original thread has split into 2 since the issue with timelines only.) but this is regarding the same. I sent the usual email chasing up may case and had the usual reply;

In regards to your query the application is currently awaiting a decision.

As it is over the SLA of 60 working days. Can you please fill in the required information:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Now regarding the reason for escalation, I replied;

"I am not sure if escalation is what is required as I understand this will take 15 days and I was hoping my visa would be processed in the next few days. I was just following up to see whether my application and all docs were in order and when a decision would be made"

The answer I received approx 30 mins later:

Thank you for your e-mail dated 06/08/2017.

"In regards to the processing of the application the escalation wont pause it or hinder the decision making progress of the application. Please let me know if you would like me to escalate this for you"

I replied that I wanted to go ahead with the escalation and had conformation approx 15 mins later that my case has been escalated.

Also;

A recent post assumed that the standard 2 waiting days for a reply to an email would not include weekends and I would have thought the same; however, I sent my initial email on friday afternoon UK time, received the initial reply this morning (Sunday) and all further emails mentioned above took place today, so maybe they are working overtime to catch up.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:41 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wynona80
Hi all, hope all those waiting will get good news soon. I applied settlement visa april 5 2017, And sheffield emailed last friday and heres what they said...

Dear xxx xxx

Thank you for your application for settlement in the United Kingdom.

In support of your sponsor’s income you have provided a personal bank statement issued in your sponsor’s name by Barclays Bank account number ending xxxxxxx for the period 22/09/2016 to 22/03/2017. I also note you have submitted salary slips in support of your sponsor’s employment covering the period 22/09/2016 to 06/04/2017. However the bank statement you have provided does not show that all the salary payments (shown on the salary slips) have been paid into your sponsor’s account. It is a requirement of the rules that the personal bank statement corresponds to the same period as the payslips and also shows that the salary has been paid into the account

Therefore I would like to provide you with an opportunity to provide documentation evidencing that all your sponsor’s salary payments have been paid into his account.

Please scan these documents and email them to [email protected]

Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Please do not hesitate to email me at this address if you need assistance.

To enable me to decide your case promptly it is essential that you reply as soon as you can, within seven days. If you do not produce the information requested by 12/08/2017, the application will be considered on the basis of the documents and information you have already provided. This could result in the application being refused, as provided for in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

MI

Entry Clearance Officer

UK Visas & Immigration

Home Office

4th Floor, Vulcan House (Iron), 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NU

www.gov.uk/home-office

We submitted our online application april 5,2017. We provide payslip from sep 22, 2016 - March 22, 2017 but my husband provided payslip that time from sep 22, 2016 to april 6, 2017.
We dont want to confused eco, we want to make sure we still meet the 28 day rule. I just wanna ask is it possible to print out the bank statement continuation of march 23 up to april 6 since only
To prove that his wage for march 23,30 and april 6 sent to his account?

Note. -His bank statement arrived every 22nd of the month.
-He get paid weekly.

Monday is bank holiday. We will print out those bank statement and have it stamped. scan and send it thru email by 9th august our deadline will be august 12.any advice please
You're so lucky to hear from them like this. Very rarely they contact like this to ask for what is missing. Email them the soft copies of what have been requested asap and courier them at the same time (you can go for express delivery within 24 hours).

If you're scared that the documents won't be reached to them by the deadline, write to them and explain your circumstance. They will understand since you have a valid reason for the delay just in case.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 11:44 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Hey People the following info may be useful. I couldnt find a recent post relating to concern over whether escalating a case would delay the process.(the original thread has split into 2 since the issue with timelines only.) but this is regarding the same. I sent the usual email chasing up may case and had the usual reply;

In regards to your query the application is currently awaiting a decision.

As it is over the SLA of 60 working days. Can you please fill in the required information:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Now regarding the reason for escalation, I replied;

"I am not sure if escalation is what is required as I understand this will take 15 days and I was hoping my visa would be processed in the next few days. I was just following up to see whether my application and all docs were in order and when a decision would be made"

The answer I received approx 30 mins later:

Thank you for your e-mail dated 06/08/2017.

"In regards to the processing of the application the escalation wont pause it or hinder the decision making progress of the application. Please let me know if you would like me to escalate this for you"

I replied that I wanted to go ahead with the escalation and had conformation approx 15 mins later that my case has been escalated.

Also;

A recent post assumed that the standard 2 waiting days for a reply to an email would not include weekends and I would have thought the same; however, I sent my initial email on friday afternoon UK time, received the initial reply this morning (Sunday) and all further emails mentioned above took place today, so maybe they are working overtime to catch up.
I never have tried emailing them. However I have called them twice. Everytime what they said was awaiting final decision. Can I please know whether they provided you adequate information for what you have asked?
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
I never have tried emailing them. However I have called them twice. Everytime what they said was awaiting final decision. Can I please know whether they provided you adequate information for what you have asked?
Rez
To be honest I didnt expect much so I got what I expected and my case has now been escalated

I thought that as long as escalation didnt hinder the the process it was probably the best way to go. In any line of business, when delays occur the people who make the most noise (as long as they are polite about it) usualy get dealt with first.
I prefer to use email as you have a record of what was discussed on what date and what action was (or wasnt) taken.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:21 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Rez
To be honest I didnt expect much so I got what I expected and my case has now been escalated

I thought that as long as escalation didnt hinder the the process it was probably the best way to go. In any line of business, when delays occur the people who make the most noise (as long as they are polite about it) usualy get dealt with first.
I prefer to use email as you have a record of what was discussed on what date and what action was (or wasnt) taken.
I totally agreed with you! I
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

John, any traction yet?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Please are you able to request for refund after paying for Priority. It's absurd that you have to wait 60 working days as standard applications after paying so much. Has anyone succeeded in getting a refund on the Priority fee?

Thank you
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:41 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quophi
Hello,

Please are you able to request for refund after paying for Priority. It's absurd that you have to wait 60 working days as standard applications after paying so much. Has anyone succeeded in getting a refund on the Priority fee?

Thank you
Sadly no! They aint give you a refund, because in the begining they have stated that won't guaranteed you to process the visa within the specified time frame. Paying priority means they just put your file on top of the queue.

Absurd? haha talk about it .. Everything related to them seems so pointless to me now. I don't even paying extra if they could really process the visa in a fast track. Unfortunately paying for priority service does not make any difference.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

As the majority posting here have already submitted their application can anyone advise if Sheffield still require two copies of every document submitted now everything is scanned? I don't want any docs back cos I submitted certified copies of the important stuff - the rest is pretty much rubbish!! Obviously don't want to foul up our application and wait even longer for decision if copies are still required, but submitting two of everything is costly in ink and paper and makes for a weighty parcel to post.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:19 am
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
As the majority posting here have already submitted their application can anyone advise if Sheffield still require two copies of every document submitted now everything is scanned? I don't want any docs back cos I submitted certified copies of the important stuff - the rest is pretty much rubbish!! Obviously don't want to foul up our application and wait even longer for decision if copies are still required, but submitting two of everything is costly in ink and paper and makes for a weighty parcel to post.

We only submitted one copy scanned in the VFS center and have the copy right back after scanning.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:37 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell

We submitted the originals and the certified copies of each. Basically two sets, originals and certified copies. We got a huge bulk to send them.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 4jtam
We only submitted one copy scanned in the VFS center and have the copy right back after scanning.

Ditto
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi ,
Just wanted to say thank you for everybody as this chats helped us a lot,
ENTRY CLERANCE in the passport just now
Was a very long journey,
Lots of grief and hard 3 months.
Paid the £600 priority but still over 3 months !!!! ( won't pay it again)
Keep your cool and passion all of you.
Good luck for everybody
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Laciuk
Hi ,
Just wanted to say thank you for everybody as this chats helped us a lot,
ENTRY CLERANCE in the passport just now
Was a very long journey,
Lots of grief and hard 3 months.
Paid the £600 priority but still over 3 months !!!! ( won't pay it again)
Keep your cool and passion all of you.
Good luck for everybody
Congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.