Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Their understanding is that we are SUBJECTS and they can do what they like.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by RichInna
I sent an email quoting SLAs were not met and that website quoted 70% of applications were being processed within those times at the time of application, also stated that they were advertising on TLScontact site 10-15days for priority and misleading clients. Also mentioned that they are not letting customers know that they are having delays in Sheffield and being honest about what is happening.

Stern but seems to have done something.

Not sure this was the best approach but I had to try.
Thank you, I have sent an email to our lawyer asking her to try. I think she is getting a bid fed up with me now!!
Old Jul 20th 2017, 9:01 am
Just Joined

LizaB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by london_2005
Hi Liza,

"Iv phoned HO myself" - is there a direct number to contact HO ? If so, can you share with us ? The only number I can call for querying the status is the call centre - which is useless

Thanks
Hi London,

The number I used to contact them is -

She was very polite and lovely on the phone. However reading foruns online etc some people are suggesting they tell you anything.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Their understanding is that we are SUBJECTS and they can do what they like.
Hi Scot

Very poor system. I get they receive many applications and have their checks to do for security. However 'do what they like' within reason. 2 weeks if i havnt heard anything my solicitor is taking action. Article 8 Human rights. I am present in the uk, have been for 23years coming from Canada as a minor. My circumstances and slightly more complex to most.

Will post any new info I have.

Liz
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a little confused with the maximum time they can take ? As far as I know its 3 months bt I've heard its 6 months.. i have applied from outside the UK
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
The MP may be referring to this.

Customers applying for settlement from outside the UK.
95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days)

From here
Thanks Bevs.
I've had a look & yes 24 months is mentioned.
I hope no one waits that long though & that they'll decide 100% in 90 working days as per May Gambia 2017 data.
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/banjul-gambia-the/settlement-visas/settlement
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LizaB
Hi London,

She was very polite and lovely on the phone. However reading foruns online etc some people are suggesting they tell you anything.
it says : Home Office Citizenship Enquiries – 0300 123 2253

so you called the citizenship line to get information on settlement visa - that's interesting...

thanks
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi London,

As you called a number that is for citizenship enquiries, then it's likely you were given a stock reply. With most of these enquiries you just get through to some sort of call centre, and they will tell you some generic reply which gives really no specific information but is basically saying 'you will just have to wait'. in a polite way.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As you called a number that is for citizenship enquiries, then it's likely you were given a stock reply. With most of these enquiries you just get through to some sort of call centre, and they will tell you some generic reply which gives really no specific information but is basically saying 'you will just have to wait'. in a polite way.
Really, They were able to access my date of application. Mentioned I contacted on 5th July and that email went to caseworker. Rang again today and said I will get a call within 3-5 working days. Have you a different number I could possibly try?

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaManjang
I've been waiting since April 19th, got email on 59th working day saying my case isn't straight forward so won't be processed in the targeted 60 working day period.
Still waiting, pls leu us know when you hear anything.

Same here
Old Jul 20th 2017, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

it says : Home Office Citizenship Enquiries – 0300 123 2253

so you called the citizenship line to get information on settlement visa - that's interesting...

thanks
Phone the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) contact centre on their helpline number� 0300 123 2241� for settlement enquiries, to apply for a work visa, to track an existing application and to extend your current stay in the country.

Mine is extend your current stay.

Liz
Old Jul 20th 2017, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Phone the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) contact centre on their helpline number� 0300 123 2241� for settlement enquiries, to apply for a work visa, to track an existing application and to extend your current stay in the country.

Mine is extend your current stay.

Liz
apparently it's only valid if your application is made in the UK - my daughter's application is made outside the UK
Old Jul 20th 2017, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

apparently it's only valid if your application is made in the UK - my daughter's application is made outside the UK
Yes im in the uk. Northern Ireland. Pheww! I thought for a second iv been eobbed of the rediculious phone call fees 🤔

I hope it all works out soon for you

Liz
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:35 am
Just Joined

SamBen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am in Bristol Uk I applied for Spouse visa on the 15 of March and only received latter like yours saying "your case is`t straight forward and we are unable to decide with in our customer service target" this was on the 9th June there is no help from my solicitor at all witch cost fortune I am very upset and frustrated don`t know who to turn to ! any help ..
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SamBen
Hi I am in Bristol Uk I applied for Spouse visa on the 15 of March and only received latter like yours saying "your case is`t straight forward and we are unable to decide with in our customer service target" this was on the 9th June there is no help from my solicitor at all witch cost fortune I am very upset and frustrated don`t know who to turn to ! any help ..
Hi SamBen

Im in the same boat as you. 20th March application submitted. In the uk myself. Got letter complex and nothing....decision to be made by 1st Aug and still waiting 🤔

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.