Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by RichInna
If you are both travelling you will need to give passport number for yourself. Are you in the States now?
We are both traveling from the US. It then goes on to ask about Father, mother etc. I just don't get whether it is sponsor or applicant
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Colesy898
I just received this!!! Exactly 60 working days after biometrics taken and docs scanned

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
How many times did you escalate to get this? Are you priority or non priority?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
How many times did you escalate to get this? Are you priority or non priority?
It was priority and no dependents. We sent a number of enquiry emails and one complaint but as far as I'm aware it never got escalated because they told me numerous times it couldn't be escalated until 12 weeks was up.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

It was priority and no dependents. We sent a number of enquiry emails and one complaint but as far as I'm aware it never got escalated because they told me numerous times it couldn't be escalated until 12 weeks was up.
The contact centre told me mine was going to be escalated yesterday, day 59, we are non priority day of biometrics 10 May but no text sent to confirm escalation. Do you think we should contact our MP, does an escalation mean you wait another 15 days?

Last edited by garyede; Aug 2nd 2017 at 7:02 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
I called again today for an update, I was informed it was escalated on the 21st July and is now with the Home Office. Told not to bother calling again as they are out of the loop now (ridiculous) in the next sentence told also that I can call on the 11th August for an update namely because this is 15 working days since escalation was started (also ridiculous).
It would be 60 working days on the 10th August.
Hi Rich

You mentioned in one of the previous messages that it was escalated on 17th July - but now say 21st - do you know the reason of the difference ?

Thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by london_2005
Hi Rich

You mentioned in one of the previous messages that it was escalated on 17th July - but now say 21st - do you know the reason of the difference ?

Thanks
There was one time that I called them asking why some people's had been escalated earlier than 60 day, they told me they might have been told it was escalated but when it actually got to the right person it wouldn't be actually escalated until 60 days. I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about though...
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
The contact centre told me mine was going to be escalated yesterday, day 59, we are non priority day of biometrics 10 May but no text sent to confirm escalation. Do you think we should contact our MP, does an escalation mean you wait another 15 days?
We sent a letter to our MP after UKVI didn't respond to the complaint email within the 20 days they say they will reply in. They did reply a few days after but I don't know if that is because our MP chased them or if it was just coincidence. Our MP never replied so probably better to send a complaint first. From what I have seen it seems that most priority applications are decided around 60 working days, I'm not sure how far that it pushing non priority back to but I think they say it can take up to 24 weeks.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Colesy898;12307566]There was one time that I called them asking why some people's had been escalated earlier than 60 day, they told me they might have been told it was escalated but when it actually got to the right person it wouldn't be actually escalated until 60 days. I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about though...[/QUOTE

I think what he is saying is that some call centre staff are escalating matters before the 60 day deadline when they shouldn't be. We are now on 60 days so my telephone enquiry should now be dealt with by a processor. Then again pigs might fly..................
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was one time that I called them asking why some people's had been escalated earlier than 60 day, they told me they might have been told it was escalated but when it actually got to the right person it wouldn't be actually escalated until 60 days. I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about though...
this is interesting. so you're saying even if the call centre escalates it, sends you a confirmation mail that it is escalated ; it doesn't mean it is really escalated and can be still kept in queue by HO ?

who are we supposed to believe then
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Nana Okai Ababio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rich,

Please don't worry I am also waiting for a decision reference to my wife Uk visa spouse visa. However the application status standard normally a decision within 12 weeks. I am confident the application will be successful as I have met all the financial requirements and our relationship is subsiting, all oringinal documents sent to Sheffield Office.

Normally after deadline date of 60 days or 12 weeks a chase up phrase. My wife received an email from Sheffield advising the online application received and the clearance officer to make the final decision.

My view is this as long the spouse visa has met all the requirements we should get a positive outcome lets keep on it.

It's very possible they're short staff with clearance officers and this government have outsource allot of the operations clearly a form cutbacks.

Last edited by Nana Okai Ababio; Aug 2nd 2017 at 3:22 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Nana Okai Ababio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I would advise you all use the following link below to verify uk visa spouse processing times. However the data was taken from May 2017 applications.

Standard applications within 12 weeks or 60 days 2 to 3 months.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 4jtam
As we applied in Hong Kong via VFS, they scanned two independent children applications separately, but wrote remarks on the page to refer to my husband's application like financial requirements etc.

Our current status is husband's case decided , but both children received non straightforward email and asked us to pay IHS due to system bug which we paid and acknowledged yesterday. Sheffield didn't ask further doc so far.
I know they would have scanned the application forms for your children but did they scan your supporting documents 3 times, for example 3 sets of bank statements, 3 sets of contract of employment etc
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

NikkiS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm new to the forum, I'm born in London and married my spouse in Jamaica in April. We sent online application 16th May and all the proofs off May 25th.

We also did the priority service.

We didn't chase or email them.

Yesterday we received an email stating: day 49

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF******** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/2/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Heading of email is:

Application received from the post CRM 00001041

I've read so much about the different types of emails and the different headings suggest accept or decline.

My husband went to the designated collection point but nothing was there to collect.

Anyone have any clues when the documents will be collected and what is happening is this good news?

I heard about people getting text messages. We didn't.
I've read some people get their documents the next day from recording an email?
Also I've seen some people did Tubuculosis tests which we didn't. It didn't tell us to do one though.

Also I have heard about the NHS surcharge being refunded as an indicator of a rejection. We haven't received a refund. It must be good news surely???
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Can anyone tell me what the process is to extend the initial 30 day entry clearance into the UK when the settlement visa is granted.

Have waited for 61 days now and nothing back from the w@nkers as yet. If we get a decision sometime next week we will have issues with making travel arrangements for a few weeks.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

annc72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

@hullmonkey ...I know that our lawyer was advising us that you only have that window of 1 month to enter the country and he was stressing that out. Maybe it is better to check in UKVI office directly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.