Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I know vfs only require one set of docs which they scan while applicant waits. But I was inquiring about the situation when entire bundle is sent to Sheffield - does Sheffield require two set of ALL documents or one set? As Rez says it means sending a huge package.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:28 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
I know vfs only require one set of docs which they scan while applicant waits. But I was inquiring about the situation when entire bundle is sent to Sheffield - does Sheffield require two set of ALL documents or one set? As Rez says it means sending a huge package.
Yes it was a huge package (Original set + Certified Copies)
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

What did Sheffield send back Rez - one set or both sets?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:33 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
They sent us back the both sets. Basically whatever documents which we posted they sent us back.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Interesting read throughout this. I need advice. My wife applied for hers back in MAY. And it's been 55days today. Do you think they would actually give us a result by the 60day deadline? We applied for priority as well. We received an email stating "Thank you for contacting them and stating they aim to complete this in the 12week timeline". Do you think surely by the now they would ask for anything else if needed? Need advice
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

I got my MP involved Friday to initiate a search for our docs and pair them with my wife and daughters application. Phoned my MP this morning to check on any progress as they have had the weekend and Monday. He will wait till 4 o'clock then push again. I will keep you informed of any developments. Day 67 today, non priority.

Last edited by garyede; Aug 8th 2017 at 9:19 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi All,
Interesting read throughout this. I need advice. My wife applied for hers back in MAY. And it's been 55days today. Do you think they would actually give us a result by the 60day deadline? We applied for priority as well. We received an email stating "Thank you for contacting them and stating they aim to complete this in the 12week timeline". Do you think surely by the now they would ask for anything else if needed? Need advice
With priority applications they are trying to deal with them within 60 days. You should be hearing in the next week. If you don't then escalate by email/telephone call which can take up to another 15 days
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:46 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
I got my MP involved Friday to initiate a search for our docs and pair them with my wife and daughters application. Phoned my MP this morning to check on any progress as they have had the weekend and Monday. He will wait till 4 o'clock then push again. I will keep you informed of any developments. Day 67 today, non priority.
Thanks for the update
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

They sent us back the both sets. Basically whatever documents which we posted they sent us back.
In other words, sending two sets is a waste of time/effort/paper/ink/postage. But send only one set and risk going to back of queue. What a load of w***ers they are - just out to make application as difficult and expensive as possible.

Thanks for your input Rez
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:24 am
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

I'm Brazilian and I applied for my spouse visa from Dublin

My appointment was on may 26th and biometrics too. Received on Sheffield on may 31... I paid for priority but no news til this moment...
52 working days 😞

Anyone here applied from Ireland?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnaFoster
Hi guys!

I'm Brazilian and I applied for my spouse visa from Dublin

My appointment was on may 26th and biometrics too. Received on Sheffield on may 31... I paid for priority but no news til this moment...
52 working days 😞

Anyone here applied from Ireland?
Hi Anna best of luck! I'm waiting too.. if I hear anything I will post on hear..
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:35 am
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi Anna best of luck! I'm waiting too.. if I hear anything I will post on hear..
Thanks!!
Best of luck!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

On day 65 now, getting very depressed.
Attempted to escalate via my MP on day 60 last week, got some positive feedback, stated my case would be expedited but they are very busy, etc. etc. and shouldn't be too long
Spoke to my MP again today to check progress and I'm getting feedback as follows;
Case may not be straightforward( it should be!!)
There are many checks they have to perform in Thailand, it's not Sheffield holding things up!!
And best of all, only priority cases should be processed within 12 weeks, non priority are to be attempted to be processed within 24 weeks.
So I've gone from a 3 week wait, to 6, to 12, now they're talking 24--WTF!!!
Can't wait to break the news to my wife 😪
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Well.. the wait for us is almost over, we got the email this morning that a decision has been made.

Priority applications confirmed received in Sheffield on 10 April, 17weeks (81 working days) ago
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
Hi All

Well.. the wait for us is almost over, we got the email this morning that a decision has been made.

Priority applications confirmed received in Sheffield on 10 April, 17weeks (81 working days) ago
congratulations Britflyer! do you mind telling where you applied from and if you received any info in the meantime from UKVI e.g. saying it was not straightfwd - as 81 days is looong? (glad that it is over for you now)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.