Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Usman Wahla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Hi Usman Wahla. I thought my fiance could submit her docs with vfs in Philippines when she had her biometrics done, but was told by vfs they would only scan and send ALL the docs - applicant's and sponsor's. So she sent her docs to me and I sent ENTIRE bundle to Sheffield. I suspect its the same policy world wide.

For applicant to have his/her documents scanned by vfs while sponsor sends his docs to Sheffield is too obvious for the muppets at the Home Office!
Thanks a lot for sharing ur experience Bryan!

They should put it all on the website.

Bryan, were u guys asked by vfs staff to send the originals to Sheffield? And did u get any Deadlines to submit the originals?
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by london_2005
wowww, congratulationsss - and how many business days it took now ? yours was priorty , right ? i wonder if the escalation helped it
Hi London

Thanks it took 59 days, yes priority.. the escalation was due to be concluded 10th so its 1 day short of the day they said to call and they are within their time frame of 60 days. Can only hope it helped. But it does appear that all are 60 days or more. I fly to see my wife tomorrow so I can only hope that we can go to TLS and pick p the passport together. And I hope we can also fly home together.

Will let you all know the outcome.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Bryan, were u guys asked by vfs staff to send the originals to Sheffield? And did u get any Deadlines to submit the originals?
Usman Wahla - not sure what you mean by "originals"? I sent mixture of originals & certified copies of important stuff depending on what I had to hand.

As I explained my fiance took her documents with her when she had biometrics done. VFS employee told her they would only scan and sent to Sheffield ALL the documents - it wasn't possible for fiance to submit her docs via vfs while I posted mine to Sheffield. I didn't see the point my paying lots of money to post my stuff to fiance (plus the danger of identity being stolen en route!) and then paying vfs fee to scan everything. So she sent her stuff to me (took 3 days via DHL) and I posted everything to Sheffield.

Fiance wasn't given deadline to submit docs after doing biometrics/handing in passport, but I read somewhere they like to receive docs within 2 weeks of biometrics.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Bryan!! That's lot of help.
U got my point right. My wife's delivery is due in Nov and I think I'm already late for application so don't want to spend time send/receiving docs or any other time wasting event.

Wish u guys all the best!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife's delivery is due in Nov and I think I'm already late for application so don't want to spend time send/receiving docs or any other time wasting event.
Usman Wahla - don't be tempted to speed things up by following vfs website that says docs can be sent before biometrics are done. Printed application form has to included in bundle sent to Sheffield, BUT APPLICANT HAS TO TAKE APPLICATION FORM TO VFS AT TIME OF BIOMETRICS. You're not permitted to print the form twice and think it risky to give either vfs or Sheffield a copy of it, so you have no choice but delay posting everything to Sheffield until fiance/wife has sent you the form.

I guess you could save 3-4 days by sending wife all your docs and paying vfs to scan the lot, but it'll cost you the posting + vfs fee.

Good luck to you.

PS How have you got on dividing documents between the various barcode separators? I really struggled trying to decide which doc went with what separator (drove me mad!)
Old Aug 9th 2017, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

brynmaxwell : you are right mate its better to wait, but problem is my wife is living alone in Uk, since she moved to a separate house near her work place after we got married.

And these barcode separators, :S i m not at all aware that you have to do something with them too. Thanks for bringing it up, can you please share what it is and how its done.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone ,the online tracker shows my hubby's app as DECIDED today .Timeline below
Online App 16 May 2017(Non Priority)
Docs sent to Sheffield 16 May 2017
Biometrics done in Ghana 17 May
Received email from Sheffield on the 16 th of June asking for a prepaid envelope but I had already sent one with the docs
I sent an email for status on the 22nd of July and received the usual case being considered and awaiting a decision email .
I did not receive any case not straightforward or on hold
Online tracker did not work until today it showed decided
It's been exactly 60 working days
I am very anxious to know what the decision is .
Fingers crossed

I am the sponsor but did not receive any call from Sheffield ,my employer did not receive any call
Sheffield did not request additional info
Case decided exactly 60 working days (non priority)
Is that worrying ? It looks extremely straightforward .
Case decided but we don't know the decision yet .
Has someone got an idea?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 10th 2017 at 9:30 am.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Emm123
I am the sponsor but did not receive any call from Sheffield ,my employer did not receive any call
Has someone got an idea?
I think it means they were satisfied with your case and the documents you submitted, hence no need to verify or request for additional info.
You have every reason to celebrate as your case seems good.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by PaManjang
I think it means they were satisfied with your case and the documents you submitted, hence no need to verify or request for additional info.
You have every reason to celebrate as your case seems good.
Thanks very much Pa Majang
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
Hello everyone ,the online tracker shows my hubby's app as DECIDED today .Timeline below
Online App 16 May 2017(Non Priority)
Docs sent to Sheffield 16 May 2017
Biometrics done in Ghana 17 May
Received email from Sheffield on the 16 th of June asking for a prepaid envelope but I had already sent one with the docs
I sent an email for status on the 22nd of July and received the usual case being considered and awaiting a decision email .
I did not receive any case not straightforward or on hold
Online tracker did not work until today it showed decided
It's been exactly 60 working days
I am very anxious to know what the decision is .
Fingers crossed

Has someone got an idea?
Please on whhch website did you track your application?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I m new memeber in this forum, I am also undergoing the terrible uk spouse visa stress, I have already submitted all the documents, online app 28-07-Biometric 3-08-Sheiffo email confirming online application received 9-08-TLS contact confirming application received by UKVI 9-08,i have paid priority and have been told that answer will be within 15 to 20 BD,though i doubt it as i ve seen lots of people applying priority but no answer received within this timeframe.

Now am worried abt sth and would like to have to help and support plz.

We have submitted e-payslips as my husband employer don t provide hard copies because of the "nopaper"issue, we provided printed but STAMPED payslips,is it fine or they are going to make a probleme out of this.

I didnt send a prepaid envelop to receive my docuements back,simply cuz DHL in Rabat morocco can t provide it, could this lead to any issue.

I didn t send my original expired passports again because DHL said that Moroccan passport can t be sent outside the country,but i ve attached copy of then as well as note explaining why u couldn t send them.

Plz help me am in a such terrible worrying situation!!!!!

Thank you very much
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Quophi
Please on whhch website did you track your application?
It's Gov.co.uk
Check your visa or immigration application status
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, just an update on our situation. We applied priority for a UK settlement visa from Canada on April 24. When checking the status of our application online it says a decision was made on July 11 (nearly a month ago.) Online it said we should receive our passports with the decision within 10 working days. It has been nearly a month since the decision was supposedly made on our visas and we still have not heard a peep from Sheffield. This is unbelievable, we are now on day 77 of our "priority settlement."

Has anyone had this experience where they might have lost track of your passports?

We have contacted the inquiry service about 7 time since the decision was supposedly made and have gotten no where. We have escalated our case twice. I feel like they are holding my Canadian passport hostage at this point.

Feeling beyond frustrated!!
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lesathomp9
Hey everyone, just an update on our situation. We applied priority for a UK settlement visa from Canada on April 24. When checking the status of our application online it says a decision was made on July 11 (nearly a month ago.) Online it said we should receive our passports with the decision within 10 working days. It has been nearly a month since the decision was supposedly made on our visas and we still have not heard a peep from Sheffield. This is unbelievable, we are now on day 77 of our "priority settlement."

Has anyone had this experience where they might have lost track of your passports?

We have contacted the inquiry service about 7 time since the decision was supposedly made and have gotten no where. We have escalated our case twice. I feel like they are holding my Canadian passport hostage at this point.

Feeling beyond frustrated!!
May be you should contact you local MP and he then contacts the UKVI , this is the answer i got for your question from other forums.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:50 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatymoroc
Hello everyone,

I m new memeber in this forum, I am also undergoing the terrible uk spouse visa stress, I have already submitted all the documents, online app 28-07-Biometric 3-08-Sheiffo email confirming online application received 9-08-TLS contact confirming application received by UKVI 9-08,i have paid priority and have been told that answer will be within 15 to 20 BD,though i doubt it as i ve seen lots of people applying priority but no answer received within this timeframe.

Now am worried abt sth and would like to have to help and support plz.

We have submitted e-payslips as my husband employer don t provide hard copies because of the "nopaper"issue, we provided printed but STAMPED payslips,is it fine or they are going to make a probleme out of this.

I didnt send a prepaid envelop to receive my docuements back,simply cuz DHL in Rabat morocco can t provide it, could this lead to any issue.

I didn t send my original expired passports again because DHL said that Moroccan passport can t be sent outside the country,but i ve attached copy of then as well as note explaining why u couldn t send them.

Plz help me am in a such terrible worrying situation!!!!!

Thank you very much
Hello there,

Don't worry okay, firstly did you send the e payslip which was stamped and certified by employer? If Yes that's fine.

Secondly, you would have gone with Royalmail they have this facility, that of course would be applicable if your husband had sent those docs from UK.

However, if you haven't sent an envelope, may be they will send it back to VFS.

And what did you mean original expires password? It is the previous passport? I don't think that would be a problem as long as you have sent the original current passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.