Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by MA17
Have they requested any documents from you. I am well over 2 months since not straightfoward email and sent them the requeted docs within the timeframe as requested i was happy thought they would come back to us shortly but 21 weeks now still awaiting
They did request extra documents the day after the not straightforward email.

We sent them immediately and then a week later received another email saying we had not sent the requested documents (we had) and so they would make a decision on the 15th August no matter what documents they had. We sent the requested documents again the same day, asked for confirmation and asked if they had lost the previous ones we had sent. We got no response, and got no decision. Then on the 29th August they finally said they had received the documents and attached them to our case. After our MPs office got in touch last week they admitted they still didn't know when a decision would be made.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
They did request extra documents the day after the not straightforward email.

We sent them immediately and then a week later received another email saying we had not sent the requested documents (we had) and so they would make a decision on the 15th August no matter what documents they had. We sent the requested documents again the same day, asked for confirmation and asked if they had lost the previous ones we had sent. We got no response, and got no decision. Then on the 29th August they finally said they had received the documents and attached them to our case. After our MPs office got in touch last week they admitted they still didn't know when a decision would be made.
That just sounds like happened with our supporting documents. We had sent the first time only for them to return them without any explanation.

My solicitor returned them again and then my wife received an email requesting documents and they will make a decision without them if they were not sent.

My solicitor sent them photocopies of our supporting evidence as they were already in possession of our original supporting documents.

We have proof of delivery on each occasion.

Was this just a tactic to buy them more time?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
That just sounds like happened with our supporting documents. We had sent the first time only for them to return them without any explanation.

My solicitor returned them again and then my wife received an email requesting documents and they will make a decision without them if they were not sent.

My solicitor sent them photocopies of our supporting evidence as they were already in possession of our original supporting documents.

We have proof of delivery on each occasion.

Was this just a tactic to buy them more time?
In your case i would say they just misplaced your docs but they will find them just let your solicitor write a letter explaining to them ...
Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

In your case i would say they just misplaced your docs but they will find them just let your solicitor write a letter explaining to them ...
My solicitor wrote a letter on the second occasion of them sending the documents back.

The third occasion my solicitor explained they already had them and gave an account of what had occurred with proof of delivery.

I have escalated twice and asked that they confirm if they have they have the supporting documents but no answer yet.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

My solicitor wrote a letter on the second occasion of them sending the documents back.

The third occasion my solicitor explained they already had them and gave an account of what had occurred with proof of delivery.

I have escalated twice and asked that they confirm if they have they have the supporting documents but no answer yet.
Don't worry too much about them replying back. They would write again if they did not get. It is just your file now has been classifief on 24 weeks which is the case for not straightfoward application. I sent requested doc straitghaway never received any confirmation escalated twice but pointless i stopped doing anything or chasing im holding on 21st weeks now 107 days...
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry too much about them replying back. They would write again if they did not get. It is just your file now has been classifief on 24 weeks which is the case for not straightfoward application. I sent requested doc straitghaway never received any confirmation escalated twice but pointless i stopped doing anything or chasing im holding on 21st weeks now 107 days...
I am on week 21 (104 working days).

My wife never received an email stating that our application is a 'non-straightforward' case.

So I'm in the dark but week 24 is fast approaching. If we don't receive any news by then.

Like many on here we will enter an unknown be floating into an abyss by Pennywise the clown aka UKVI.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

I am on week 21 (104 working days).

My wife never received an email stating that our application is a 'non-straightforward' case.

So I'm in the dark but week 24 is fast approaching. If we don't receive any news by then.

Like many on here we will enter an unknown be floating into an abyss by Pennywise the clown aka UKVI.
Once they request one docs another email with not straightforward details would follow one min after. My husband said never received it until i met last week and went through his email and i found it. We have same timeline so let's pray we will hear good new very soon before even 24th week. We have waited long enough.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Once they request one docs another email with not straightforward details would follow one min after. My husband said never received it until i met last week and went through his email and i found it. We have same timeline so let's pray we will hear good new very soon before even 24th week. We have waited long enough.
I am into my 23rd week.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IKInd
I am into my 23rd week.
IkInd when was your biometric and any particular reason that may your application be on hold or just not straightforward email and requested docs? Hopefully you hear good news very soooon.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

IkInd when was your biometric and any particular reason that may your application be on hold or just not straightforward email and requested docs? Hopefully you hear good news very soooon.
IkInd i can see that they have requested documents from you so you may well be under 24 weeks timeframe. Pls may i ask you what was the doc they requested. Thnx
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

I sent this letter to my MP last night. I am turning the heat up!

Good evening xxxxxx,

Further to our recent correspondence. It is of great sadness to me that the Home Office were unable to process our application forms in a realistic time frame in order that our daughter could commence her university course this week. In particular in that the Home Office made such a terrible mess of separating and losing our documents. We are now very worried as we are seeing many more applicants who applied months after us, receive their visas. Some coming from the Philippines with similar status as us (non priority). This is very cold hearted and unfair. We have now been waiting a total of 93 days. This is totally unacceptable! We are soon coming up to our first wedding anniversary on 13 October and with Christmas only 13 weeks away I see no end to this sorry saga we find ourselves in, through no fault of our own. My wife and I are very grateful for what you and your predecessor have done for us but still feel we are being ignored, fobbed off and put to the back of the queue, Our case is very straight forward. I easily earn the correct salary to meet the guide lines and have substantial savings as well as good accommodation. There are no signs to date that the Home Office are working on our papers, no correspondence, no telephone calls, no email to tell us to pay the NHS fee for our daughter, nothing! It is just not good enough! I am also disappointed that the Home Office has not had the manners to reply to your request to escalate our case as a priority to a senior manager. It is bad enough ignoring us but an MP is poor form. I ask then as a loyal constituent that you ask to speak to a senior officer today in person to expedite quick movement of our case.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garyede
I sent this letter to my MP last night. I am turning the heat up!

Good evening xxxxxx,

Further to our recent correspondence. It is of great sadness to me that the Home Office were unable to process our application forms in a realistic time frame in order that our daughter could commence her university course this week. In particular in that the Home Office made such a terrible mess of separating and losing our documents. We are now very worried as we are seeing many more applicants who applied months after us, receive their visas. Some coming from the Philippines with similar status as us (non priority). This is very cold hearted and unfair. We have now been waiting a total of 93 days. This is totally unacceptable! We are soon coming up to our first wedding anniversary on 13 October and with Christmas only 13 weeks away I see no end to this sorry saga we find ourselves in, through no fault of our own. My wife and I are very grateful for what you and your predecessor have done for us but still feel we are being ignored, fobbed off and put to the back of the queue, Our case is very straight forward. I easily earn the correct salary to meet the guide lines and have substantial savings as well as good accommodation. There are no signs to date that the Home Office are working on our papers, no correspondence, no telephone calls, no email to tell us to pay the NHS fee for our daughter, nothing! It is just not good enough! I am also disappointed that the Home Office has not had the manners to reply to your request to escalate our case as a priority to a senior manager. It is bad enough ignoring us but an MP is poor form. I ask then as a loyal constituent that you ask to speak to a senior officer today in person to expedite quick movement of our case.
I telephone my MP about 30 minutes ago he told me he has been on the phone today and wants a response within 24 hours. He sounds bullish and wants answers. That's exactly what I want!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund on priority fees?
When we paid it TlS contact specifically advertised 15 working days processing time for priority applications (I later found out through forums that was far from reality)
Today was day 60 and we have received no communication whatsoever since confirmation of receipt of the application the day after biometrics.

I just thought since they state they will contact you in the event they can't process within the 60 day target would we be entitled to a refund on the priority fee?

I'm going to call tomorrow for a status check just incase, and the focus right now obviously is to actually get a decision and the visa... But I just wondered if there was any point in pursuing this afterwards?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Requesting a Refund from UKVI
Is that cancellation or a request for compensation?

I am also on day 60 priority with no news...
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pabonline
Is that cancellation or a request for compensation?

I am also on day 60 priority with no news...
Yes maybe that is the wrong procedure. I was a bit too quick of the mark!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.