Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Nneky360
My hubby who is the sponsor just contacted our mp on Thursday and the secretary said in ten working days they will give us feed back
So we re hoping and waiting that it turns out positive
Do let me know if they come back in 10 working days. Because my MP wrote letter on 9th Aug and again on 4th Sep and nothing so far
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IKInd
Do let me know if they come back in 10 working days. Because my MP wrote letter on 9th Aug and again on 4th Sep and nothing so far
OK dear
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Hi PinkDia - I'm 24 April (priority - yeah right!) with myself and one dependent. 24 week mark is about the 11th of October if I recall correctly. Geez I hope I get there before then.
Applied 7th April, non priority, India - MP has written twice and nothing so far
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:31 am
Just Joined

dramahuman is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading this thread and some on other forums, I'm now terrified of how long it will take our visas to go through, we weren't going to apply until January but, maybe we'll push it up a month or two...in hopes to have it approved before summer...
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody from Australia (Brisbane) playing the waiting game too? If so are you having trouble with VFS?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dramahuman
Reading this thread and some on other forums, I'm now terrified of how long it will take our visas to go through, we weren't going to apply until January but, maybe we'll push it up a month or two...in hopes to have it approved before summer...
Keep in mind that you can only apply 3 months in advance.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Sophie28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, i just called the HO, they said a decision has been made on 12th Sept.

So here's an update of my timeline:
Type of Application: Settlement (non-priority)
Country applying from: Brunei
Online application: 26th May 2017
Biometrics: 22nd June 2017
Package sent to UKVI (scanned): 22nd June 2017
Acknowledged for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 4th Jul 2017
Non-straightforward notice & request for further document: None
Decision made: 12th Sept 2017
Follow up call to HO: 18th Sept 2017 (1st call)
GWF tracker status: not recognised
Decision email: None
Return courier tracking: None
Visa issued: awaiting

Waiting time: 12 weeks
Hoping i will get my passport soon, so that i wont be overstaying in Brunei.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Februar??? Why? Have done anything like talking to MP or write to HO?
December 30. Contacted MP. 4 escalations. So many calls. Wrote to HO. Approached solicitor. No result yet.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Please share if anyone applied in April/ may have heard? Anyone went over 24 weeks? Anybody heard at 20 weeks?

Waiting since 36 weeks. Haven't heard anything yet..

Last edited by rvg1212; Sep 18th 2017 at 8:28 am.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Keep in mind that you can only apply 3 months in advance.
Like many here, my life is in limbo when it comes to this grand waiting game we're all in haha, we only picked January randomly, we would be ready to move anytime the visas got approved after we apply Thank you for the reminder though
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dramahuman
Like many here, my life is in limbo when it comes to this grand waiting game we're all in haha, we only picked January randomly, we would be ready to move anytime the visas got approved after we apply Thank you for the reminder though
it may actually be beneficial to wait. by then hopefully they would have sorted their act out. Good luck and hope it goes through smoothly
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophie28
Hey guys, i just called the HO, they said a decision has been made on 12th Sept.

So here's an update of my timeline:
Type of Application: Settlement (non-priority)
Country applying from: Brunei
Online application: 26th May 2017
Biometrics: 22nd June 2017
Package sent to UKVI (scanned): 22nd June 2017
Acknowledged for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 4th Jul 2017
Non-straightforward notice & request for further document: None
Decision made: 12th Sept 2017
Follow up call to HO: 18th Sept 2017 (1st call)
GWF tracker status: not recognised
Decision email: None
Return courier tracking: None
Visa issued: awaiting

Waiting time: 12 weeks
Hoping i will get my passport soon, so that i wont be overstaying in Brunei.
Hi mate, did you have to send any extra documents once they sent email about non straight forward?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I've been following this thread over the past 4 weeks and I just wanted to air my suspicions to ask if anybody else feels the same.

My wife handed in her passport and gave her bio metrics on the 28th of April 2017

On the 20th of July which would she received an email from UKVI, informing her that her application is being considered by an ECO and they have yet to receive her supporting documents from her UK sponsor.

My solicitor had sent the supporting documents and they were received on the 12th of May 2017 by UKVI. Later we learned UKVI had sent our supporting documents without any explanation back to my solicitor on the 21st of June.

My solicitor was puzzled by this and requested an explanation before re-sending the supporting documents again back to UKVI which they received on the 26th of June 2017 on this occasion.

Following the email that my wife received on the 20th of July and in the absence of having the original supporting documents. My solicitor sent photocopies of our documents on this occasion as UKVI were already in possession of our original supporting documents. My solicitor also provided proof delivery for each occasion and a request to letter requesting them to answer if they have the documents or not.

The email that my wife received was 1 day before what would have been 60 days since we submitted the application. I am beginning to think it was a very timely sent email. In order buy UKVI time more time so that they could process our non-priority visa due to what many are suspecting is a backlog of applications.

We have now entered week 21 since submitting the application on the 25th of April 2017.

Would most agree with my suspicions?

It sounds like a few on here are receiving the 'not straightforward application' email just before the 60th working day since submitting their visa applications.

I have contacted my UKVI by email and my local MP already.

Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
it may actually be beneficial to wait. by then hopefully they would have sorted their act out. Good luck and hope it goes through smoothly
Thank you! That is something I was considering and I think you may be right that it would be beneficial.

Thank you again for your advice
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Hi

I've been following this thread over the past 4 weeks and I just wanted to air my suspicions to ask if anybody else feels the same.

My wife handed in her passport and gave her bio metrics on the 28th of April 2017

On the 20th of July which would she received an email from UKVI, informing her that her application is being considered by an ECO and they have yet to receive her supporting documents from her UK sponsor.

My solicitor had sent the supporting documents and they were received on the 12th of May 2017 by UKVI. Later we learned UKVI had sent our supporting documents without any explanation back to my solicitor on the 21st of June.

My solicitor was puzzled by this and requested an explanation before re-sending the supporting documents again back to UKVI which they received on the 26th of June 2017 on this occasion.

Following the email that my wife received on the 20th of July and in the absence of having the original supporting documents. My solicitor sent photocopies of our documents on this occasion as UKVI were already in possession of our original supporting documents. My solicitor also provided proof delivery for each occasion and a request to letter requesting them to answer if they have the documents or not.

The email that my wife received was 1 day before what would have been 60 days since we submitted the application. I am beginning to think it was a very timely sent email. In order buy UKVI time more time so that they could process our non-priority visa due to what many are suspecting is a backlog of applications.

We have now entered week 21 since submitting the application on the 25th of April 2017.

Would most agree with my suspicions?

It sounds like a few on here are receiving the 'not straightforward application' email just before the 60th working day since submitting their visa applications.

I have contacted my UKVI by email and my local MP already.

Thanks
Totally agree with you. I think the same. Then they can put us in the category of within 24 weeks process which is ridiculous. The non-straight forward email without any specific reason is very ambiguous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.