Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 1st 2017, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
almost 6months
where are you also applying from
Old Oct 1st 2017, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Your the first to know. Biometrics 10/5/17, non priority. Just found out this morning and opened the parcel on Skype in front of my wife and daughter who read read out the notification that our visa has been granted. Thank god it is all over. I will be posting my timeline soon and a few more posts before i wrap things up on here
Massive Congratulations Gary! Happy for you πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ.
Your efforts finally paid off & Thanks for keeping us informed.
Hopefully lots of good news coming to the forgotten Applications.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i have been pushing really hard. I will post my last letter i sent my MP last Wednesday i pulled no punches!
hi, waiting to see your letter. and congrats for the visa.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Massive Congratulations Gary! Happy for you πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ.
Your efforts finally paid off & Thanks for keeping us informed.
Hopefully lots of good news coming to the forgotten Applications.
yes thank you, mine today, rosy tomorrow i hope this is the start of all of the outstanding applications. We have all waited long enough. Its been very painful and stressfull
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Great news gary , all the best!
Im just 5 days behind on your application date so hoping for some news soon.
Yes thanks scouse look out for my last letter i sent my MP. It is so important to keep pushing and badger your MP at least once per week as the call centre is useless.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Congratulations.

many more will get decisions in the next few weeks.
Thanks for all of your hard work it is appreciated
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Here is my last letter which i sent to my MP,s assistant last Wednesday, 1 day before our papers were processed. I think a combination of a firm approach from me and the wonderful guys who work for my MP Andrew Jones.

Dear xxxxx

Tomorrow is another unfortunate milestone in that we have been waiting exactly 142 days (100 business days) or 5 months. No matter how much you look at it, the wait and the service from the Home Office has been nothing short of a disaster. Poor communication, broken promises, generic bland responses and an indifference to providing reasonable customer service has plunged our family in to sadness and anxiety. I am sorry to be down beat yet again but I must inform you of the affect the Home Office actions is having on my wife and family and the consequences of the Home Office indifference is having on us.

As you know my step daughter cannot now attend university because the Home Office does not see any urgency in our application. She used to attend private school (university) in Manila but was pulled out of school 3 months ago because her mother and myself cannot afford the fees. The reason the child’s mother cannot afford to continue schooling the child is because she lost her widows pension when she married me. I do send her a monthly allowance but this is not enough to pay for private education and we never though that the application process would be so long. The child is now asking us when she will be in the UK as she is missing the contact of classmates. Being out of school for 3 months is clearly starting to affect the mental health of the child. I feel really guilty about this because it is my government causing the trauma. It is bad enough putting adults through this traumatic process but a child is bad form. My wife is also distressed because it is our first wedding anniversary on 13 October. I am sure you get fed up with my requests to push Sheffield and we have made some progress but am disappointed that we have heard nothing again this week. The last time we spoke you told me that our papers were with the Entry Clearance Team which means that our documents are still to be processed and a decision to be made. This is totally unacceptable I now ask you as a loyal constituent to ask the Home Office for the reason for the delay. I don’t want the usual generic response that they are really busy. I want a proper answer and a promise that Sheffield will process our documents in the next few days. If I do not receive a favourable response by cop next Wednesday then I ask that you arrange a meeting with Andrew Jones MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough. I am very grateful for all of the work you have done on our behalf. Your service has been faultless my anger lies with the Home Office. I am sure you understand my reasons for the tone of this letter.
Regards
Gary Ede

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nneky360
Congratulations garyede
thank you and I hope you get your visa soon
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marosego
I'm still waiting for my daughter's visa decision. From what centre you submit your application from? Her's is in Cebu. 90working days on Tuesday.
VFS Manila august 2.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Your the first to know. Biometrics 10/5/17, non priority. Just found out this morning and opened the parcel on Skype in front of my wife and daughter who read read out the notification that our visa has been granted. Thank god it is all over. I will be posting my timeline soon and a few more posts before i wrap things up on here
Congratulations Garry. Happy for you and your family.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moore12
This is very frustrated and stress!
What type of application? Mine was visitors visa and now 59 working days? And you?
Visitor visa only takes 15working days. Got mine before twice only for 6-7 days. I have friend got her visitor visa only 8days yesterday.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
Good day. Anyone here from Philippines got decision email?
Hi shielacity. None for me yet, application date 09MAY17.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mmabater
Hi shielacity. None for me yet, application date 09MAY17.
Let’s keep the faith friend. We will have our decision in no time. πŸ˜‰
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Applied from Toronto Canada.

Biometrics: July 6th
Receipt email: July 8th(though it said received in New York...?)
Email on day 53 saying not straight forward.
Day 60 passed on September 28th.

I sympathize with everyone here. How hard it is to put your whole
life on hold with no way of guessing or planning when you will be able to make your next move! I am finding comfort(some sometimes panic!) with everyone's posts. Would love to hear if there are any others from Canada with a similar timeline to mine? Thank you everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.