Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Totally agree with you. I think the same. Then they can put us in the category of within 24 weeks process which is ridiculous. The non-straight forward email without any specific reason is very ambiguous.
May I ask which of the 2 email templates did you receive if at all any -

1. your visa is being prepared for consideration by an ECO but we are yet to receive your supporting documents from your UK sponsor

2. your application is not straightforward

Was it 1 or 2 from above and did you receive the email when close to the 60th working day since submitting your application?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaaaaaaand that's one hundred business days since I submitted biometrics on 27 April.

I'm broke, living out of a suitcase for months in a town and country to which I never wanted to return, where the drunken mania for the price of real estate means that MAYBE I could sleep in a glamorous jet-setter basement closet for a thousand a week via AirBnb.

I'm 51 years old. She's 49. She's lovely: you would like her. If you met us, you'd say, gosh, those two should be together. All we want is to be together. After calls and emails that went nowhere she went to her MP this morning to plead for intervention, and was told that any sort of face-to-face would at best be a few weeks away.

I've played the game in good faith: met all the criteria, ticked all the boxes, never broken the law, never overstayed; don't need to steal anyone's job, abuse healthcare, go on welfare.

This is cruelty.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
May I ask which of the 2 email templates did you receive if at all any -

1. your visa is being prepared for consideration by an ECO but we are yet to receive your supporting documents from your UK sponsor

2. your application is not straightforward

Was it 1 or 2 from above and did you receive the email when close to the 60th working day since submitting your application?
The first one I received just a week or two after biometric and the second on the 57th day.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
The first one I received just a week or two after biometric and the second on the 57th day.
That sounds fishy.

I would be interested to how many others have received such emails close to the 60th working day since submitting the application?

I would much prefer them just be to be honest and state they are behind schedule because of a backlog.

I've repeatedly had to calm my wife down as the stress is getting the better of her at times.

That said I feel for many others on here who are in exactly the same situation of no fault of their own.

Many on here have followed the rules and paid a lot of money for expecting a reasonable service.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poliphilus
Aaaaaaaand that's one hundred business days since I submitted biometrics on 27 April.

I'm broke, living out of a suitcase for months in a town and country to which I never wanted to return, where the drunken mania for the price of real estate means that MAYBE I could sleep in a glamorous jet-setter basement closet for a thousand a week via AirBnb.

I'm 51 years old. She's 49. She's lovely: you would like her. If you met us, you'd say, gosh, those two should be together. All we want is to be together. After calls and emails that went nowhere she went to her MP this morning to plead for intervention, and was told that any sort of face-to-face would at best be a few weeks away.

I've played the game in good faith: met all the criteria, ticked all the boxes, never broken the law, never overstayed; don't need to steal anyone's job, abuse healthcare, go on welfare.

This is cruelty.
It's just gone 100 business days for us to.

Stick in there the next 4 weeks will be telling and hopeful as we are approaching the SLA marker of 24 weeks.

I'd be interested to know if any non-priority's have reached 24 weeks this year and how many?

Anybody received a decision after 24 weeks also? If yes, in what week did you receive news?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

dramahuman is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick in there the next 4 weeks will be telling and hopeful as we are approaching the SLA marker of 24 weeks.

I'd be interested to know if any non-priority's have reached 24 weeks this year and how many?

Anybody received a decision after 24 weeks also? If yes, in what week did you receive news?
Someone on here mentioned the UK- Yankee site, and for those who wanted a bit more concise timeline, they did theirs on a spreadsheet for those from US (and other countries here and there) for non priority. Before June/July, most were taking an average of 50-60 days. I would include the link but I can't for another three posts lol.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Also just reached day 100 today!

As it happens i just received a email from the home office in response to my complaint about them not honouring their SLA.

They say they have partly upheld my complaint but did not say which part!

Also that i was contacted and on 29th August to let me know that they could not complete the application within the 60 working days.

Tell me something i didnt know!

It was already 80 working days when they sent that email, also only after numerous complaints to the hotline monkeys!

I had my MP contact them last tuesday so im certain this email has arrived due to her chasing them!

I will post the response later once i have edited out any personal details.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received the non straightforward email at 58 business days, still waiting.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone noticed any correlation between origin of application and time it takes to get approved? I'm just curious, though I feel it's just a free for all no matter where you're from it's going to take forever lol.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dramahuman
Has anyone noticed any correlation between origin of application and time it takes to get approved? I'm just curious, though I feel it's just a free for all no matter where you're from it's going to take forever lol.
My take on that is they have cocked up but dont want to admit it!

They are now precessing applications from Bangkok withing 40-60 days but have left all the late ones unprocessed so they can advertise that they are processing on time.

As i said in an earlier post " late is late" and for the thousands that are already late it wont matter to their service agreement because they have already missed out on those stats so best to bypass those applicants and get on with later ones.

Applications between april and june seem to be the most affected

Last edited by Scousejohn; Sep 18th 2017 at 4:10 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Also just reached day 100 today!

As it happens i just received a email from the home office in response to my complaint about them not honouring their SLA.

They say they have partly upheld my complaint but did not say which part!

Also that i was contacted and on 29th August to let me know that they could not complete the application within the 60 working days.

Tell me something i didnt know!

It was already 80 working days when they sent that email, also only after numerous complaints to the hotline monkeys!

I had my MP contact them last tuesday so im certain this email has arrived due to her chasing them!

I will post the response later once i have edited out any personal details.
Mine is over 100 days too now. I got not straightforward email twice. First one on 58th day and asked for documents.

Another one few weeks ago after MP contacted. It has been escalated again. My husband is going to have a meeting with the MP soon
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Their commitments
Attached Thumbnails MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.-img_5361.png  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

My take on that is they have cocked up but dont want to admit it!

They are now precessing applications from Bangkok withing 40-60 days but have left all the late ones unprocessed so they can advertise that they are processing on time.

As i said in an earlier post " late is late" and for the thousands that are already late it wont matter to their service agreement because they have already missed out on those stats so best to bypass those applicants and get on with later ones.

Applications between april and june seem to be the most affected
As my other half would say, they've made quite the kerfuffle.

I'm glad to have stumbled onto these forums though, at least I won't feel so alone in the wait. But I sincerely hope they pick up the slack with those waiting from April onward.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

So here is the email i received today!

It does not have any useful info but at least i have a response.

Time for a immigration lawyer i think!

"Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 21 August where you have raised a complaint about the immigration matter of your wife, Mrs xxxxxxxx.

I have assessed the circumstances relating to the matter you have complained about. With this work now complete, I have based my response on the findings. I am partly upholding your complaint and I hope my reply helps you to understand the reasons why.

You mention that on 28 April your wife applied for a settlement visa. You say that the case was not processed within our Service Level Agreement timescale. You are also concerned about the limited information that was provided to you on the phone about your wife’s case, and that you did not receive a further update on the application.

I understand that you were not satisfied with the service provided and I am sorry you have found it necessary to complain about the service we offered.

Our records show that on 29 August an email was sent to your wife from our UK Decision Making Centre to apologise for the delay in responding to your enquiry. It was also explained to you that unfortunately a decision could not be made on your wife’s case within our usual timescale due to being our busiest period. Our records also show that your wife’s case is awaiting assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your wife’s application and that the passport is ready to be collected. I apologise for the delay and we will contact you as soon as we have made a decision on your wife’s application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: [email protected]

or:

UKVI Complaints Allocation Hub

Lunar House

40 Wellesley Road

Croydon CR9 2BY

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Operations

www.gov.uk/ukvi"
Old Sep 18th 2017, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

So here is the email i received today!

It does not have any useful info but at least i have a response.

Time for a immigration lawyer i think!

"Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 21 August where you have raised a complaint about the immigration matter of your wife, Mrs xxxxxxxx.

I have assessed the circumstances relating to the matter you have complained about. With this work now complete, I have based my response on the findings. I am partly upholding your complaint and I hope my reply helps you to understand the reasons why.

You mention that on 28 April your wife applied for a settlement visa. You say that the case was not processed within our Service Level Agreement timescale. You are also concerned about the limited information that was provided to you on the phone about your wife’s case, and that you did not receive a further update on the application.

I understand that you were not satisfied with the service provided and I am sorry you have found it necessary to complain about the service we offered.

Our records show that on 29 August an email was sent to your wife from our UK Decision Making Centre to apologise for the delay in responding to your enquiry. It was also explained to you that unfortunately a decision could not be made on your wife’s case within our usual timescale due to being our busiest period. Our records also show that your wife’s case is awaiting assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your wife’s application and that the passport is ready to be collected. I apologise for the delay and we will contact you as soon as we have made a decision on your wife’s application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: [email protected]

or:

UKVI Complaints Allocation Hub

Lunar House

40 Wellesley Road

Croydon CR9 2BY

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Operations

www.gov.uk/ukvi"
Mhhhh interesting but vague. You haven't learned anything. like you said those from Jan/May they just could not give a dam!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.