Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Hi

I've been following this thread over the past 4 weeks and I just wanted to air my suspicions to ask if anybody else feels the same.

My wife handed in her passport and gave her bio metrics on the 28th of April 2017

On the 20th of July which would she received an email from UKVI, informing her that her application is being considered by an ECO and they have yet to receive her supporting documents from her UK sponsor.

My solicitor had sent the supporting documents and they were received on the 12th of May 2017 by UKVI. Later we learned UKVI had sent our supporting documents without any explanation back to my solicitor on the 21st of June.

My solicitor was puzzled by this and requested an explanation before re-sending the supporting documents again back to UKVI which they received on the 26th of June 2017 on this occasion.

Following the email that my wife received on the 20th of July and in the absence of having the original supporting documents. My solicitor sent photocopies of our documents on this occasion as UKVI were already in possession of our original supporting documents. My solicitor also provided proof delivery for each occasion and a request to letter requesting them to answer if they have the documents or not.

The email that my wife received was 1 day before what would have been 60 days since we submitted the application. I am beginning to think it was a very timely sent email. In order buy UKVI time more time so that they could process our non-priority visa due to what many are suspecting is a backlog of applications.

We have now entered week 21 since submitting the application on the 25th of April 2017.

Would most agree with my suspicions?

It sounds like a few on here are receiving the 'not straightforward application' email just before the 60th working day since submitting their visa applications.

I have contacted my UKVI by email and my local MP already.

Thanks
Same dates as my wife. Can I ask where you did biometrics
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poliphilus
Aaaaaaaand that's one hundred business days since I submitted biometrics on 27 April.

I'm broke, living out of a suitcase for months in a town and country to which I never wanted to return, where the drunken mania for the price of real estate means that MAYBE I could sleep in a glamorous jet-setter basement closet for a thousand a week via AirBnb.

I'm 51 years old. She's 49. She's lovely: you would like her. If you met us, you'd say, gosh, those two should be together. All we want is to be together. After calls and emails that went nowhere she went to her MP this morning to plead for intervention, and was told that any sort of face-to-face would at best be a few weeks away.

I've played the game in good faith: met all the criteria, ticked all the boxes, never broken the law, never overstayed; don't need to steal anyone's job, abuse healthcare, go on welfare.

This is cruelty.
Same here, over 100 working days now. MP has had no effect
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
Yes but I need to fly before November. If not I might give birth here in Philippines. I don't mind waiting as long as the visa is granted. Hehehe
Same as my wife, when are you due?

Have until 36 weeks pregnant i think.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Also just reached day 100 today!

As it happens i just received a email from the home office in response to my complaint about them not honouring their SLA.

They say they have partly upheld my complaint but did not say which part!

Also that i was contacted and on 29th August to let me know that they could not complete the application within the 60 working days.

Tell me something i didnt know!

It was already 80 working days when they sent that email, also only after numerous complaints to the hotline monkeys!

I had my MP contact them last tuesday so im certain this email has arrived due to her chasing them!

I will post the response later once i have edited out any personal details.

Hi Scouse, Im still here also.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

My take on that is they have cocked up but dont want to admit it!

They are now precessing applications from Bangkok withing 40-60 days but have left all the late ones unprocessed so they can advertise that they are processing on time.

As i said in an earlier post " late is late" and for the thousands that are already late it wont matter to their service agreement because they have already missed out on those stats so best to bypass those applicants and get on with later ones.

Applications between april and june seem to be the most affected
Is the next milestone 120 working days? Do you know of this Scouse?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Agreed! Only 1 month away from the 120 days and in the meantime i will be looking into other ways to get action starting with a lawyer and looking into a judicial review, not sure exactly what can be done but starting here im on it! If i get any info regarding a collective action i will post details on how we can support each other
I am up for a group initiative. Ms Rudd. Incoming
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Do you think we need to go to a FB page? all those over 60 days and certainly those approaching 120 days?

Alternatively a new thread - could we moderate that ourselves?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Same as my wife, when are you due?

Have until 36 weeks pregnant i think.
My due date is on Dec 23 I rebooked my ticket twice already from Turkish airlines . They will allow 35weeks pregnant only. After that they not gonna allow you to fly even if you have a doctors permit. 😬
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

My due date is on Dec 23 I rebooked my ticket twice already from Turkish airlines . They will allow 35weeks pregnant only. After that they not gonna allow you to fly even if you have a doctors permit. 😬
Oh i see, my wife is due on the 5th of dec , Thai airways say 36 weeks.

Where are you flying from? Long haul?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oh i see, my wife is due on the 5th of dec , Thai airways say 36 weeks.

Where are you flying from? Long haul?
Then I have second option now. Lol
Flying from Manila Philippines connecting flight to stanbul to Heathrow. How many weeks pregnant your wife now?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Then I have second option now. Lol
Flying from Manila Philippines connecting flight to stanbul to Heathrow. How many weeks pregnant your wife now?
I see my wife will be flying direct to heathrow and she is 28 weeks pregnant now. I did want to go and pick her up also and have a little holiday there as my friend has just moved back there also.

Sucks I can't take care of her atm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Is the next milestone 120 working days? Do you know of this Scouse?
I have read in various places that the HO have started telling people 120 days is the new normal! But they still state 60 days on their website!

They told me in the email yesterday that my complaint has been partly upheld because i was contact after 80 working days to tell me that it is their "busy time of the year" so this is why it has not been processed!

I have already responded to tell him with all due respect you are full of <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 19th 2017 at 1:48 pm. Reason: Putting stars in it doesn't make it ok!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

I have read in various places that the HO have started telling people 120 days is the new normal! But they still state 60 days on their website!

They told me in the email yesterday that my complaint has been partly upheld because i was contact after 80 working days to tell me that it is their "busy time of the year" so this is why it has not been processed!

I have already responded to tell him with all due respect you are full of <snip>
Ha! Would love to have seen the reaction when he/she read that reply!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Vendetta;12341509]I see my wife will be flying direct to heathrow and she is 28 weeks pregnant now. I did want to go and pick her up also and have a little holiday there as my friend has just moved back there also.

Sucks I can't take care of her atm.[/QUOTE
The worst feeling to a pregnant woman to be a away from her husband especially at this condition. Always crying everyday thinking about the situation. I hope we will have the visa soon. I read from the other forum that lots of them today got a decision made email. I just like reading there because it's giving me hope.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=shielacity;12341528]
I see my wife will be flying direct to heathrow and she is 28 weeks pregnant now. I did want to go and pick her up also and have a little holiday there as my friend has just moved back there also.

Sucks I can't take care of her atm.[/QUOTE
The worst feeling to a pregnant woman to be a away from her husband especially at this condition. Always crying everyday thinking about the situation. I hope we will have the visa soon. I read from the other forum that lots of them today got a decision made email. I just like reading there because it's giving me hope.

Which forum is this, that is giving you hope. we all need that right about now. I hope we all get it soon.
Its nice to have this online support.
Thank you everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.