Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

113 days still waiting???????
Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Oluwacommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oluwacommy
Hi Guys,
I really appreciate everyone on this platform, you are all doing a great job.
below is my Timeline:

Country applying from: Lagos - Nigeria
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Wife Visa
Priority/Non-Priority: Non-Priority

Date application submitted Online: 19th July, 2017

Date biometrics taken: 31st July, 2017

Email by TLScontact Acknowledging application sent to Sheffield: 31st July, 2017

Date supporting document was received by UKVI: 4th Aug, 2017
Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer:received 24th Aug, 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks

37 working days today!

Hi everyone...Great news for me yesterday the 20th....got my Vignette on the 60th day,
A further update...to the last one above
My solicitor contacted the HO for update on 17/10 which happens to be the 57th day from biometrics...and was told a decision had been made on the 15/10 which was a Sunday.
A mail came from Vfs on 18/10 confirming that a decision had been made.
And on the 19/10 a mail was sent for passport collection.
I picked my passport with the visa in it on the 20/10 ...the 60th BD. Validity begins 22/10.
I can say boldly that Nigeria is not marked as a fraudulent country as thought by some people.
Except for some few cases that are pending....Nigeria happen to be one of those countries that still have processing time on 60BD. The wait is actually not easy or sweet but its worth it...pls keep the hope alive and you will celebrate soonest. Thanks to everyone that had and is still contributing to help on this platform...All the best.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone...Great news for me yesterday the 20th....got my Vignette on the 60th day,
My solicitor contacted the HO for update on 17/10 which happens to be the 57th day from biometrics...and was told a decision had been made on the 15/10 which was a Sunday.
I picked my passport with the visa in it on the 20/10 ...the 60th BD. Validity begins 22/10.
I can say boldly that Nigeria is not marked as a fraudulent country as thought by some people.
Except for some few cases that are pending....Nigeria happen to be one of those countries that still have processing time on 60BD. The wait is actually not easy or sweet but its worth it...pls keep the hope alive and you will celebrate soonest. Thanks to everyone that had and is still contributing to help on this platform...All the best.
Congratulations to you
Old Oct 21st 2017, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations dear am from Nigeria too but am still waiting
Hope my turn comes soon and everyone of us waiting
Old Oct 21st 2017, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

I've got an email from HO that decision has been made on 1st October, but until now i still didn't receive my passport back!!! I also didn't receive "Decision made" email from visa centre (TLScontact) and on their website there is no update.
Ive contacted UKVI regarding this issue, but they said that its up to 10 working days for them to send passport, on day#11 they escalated the case and still nothing.

Has somebody experienced the same? Does it really take for UKVI more than 3 weeks to send a passport?

*there is no emails in spam/junk folder and TLScontact said last week that passport is still with UKVI
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Can I suggest a direct and assured route if you wanted to send further documentation?

Contact your local MP who has account manager assigned at UKVI and let the MP send it on your behalf.

It's less formal and someone will use their head at the other end hopefully to include it as part of the application.

You can email them but their typical responses are not something that will give you confidence the task is trusted in their possession.
Sounds like a plan, hopefully the original poster regarding this matter see's it and gets in contact with the local MP.

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Good Morning!

Yesterday I received this email in response to an email inquiry I made:

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

I paid for the courier service but as yet UPS says it has not been mailed. Has anyone had this same email? Is it genuine or are they trying to fob me off? If genuine, how long are people waiting before they receive everything back?

TIA
Good news that a decision has been made. Normally don;t they tell applicants to wait around 10-15 days before picking up the passport? Either way glad a decision has been made, hopefully the visa is tucked up nicely in the passport.

Originally Posted by Traceben
Thankyou 😀
You're welcome.

Originally Posted by Walker87
113 days still waiting???????
hope you hear back this month!
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Irin
Hi All!

I've got an email from HO that decision has been made on 1st October, but until now i still didn't receive my passport back!!! I also didn't receive "Decision made" email from visa centre (TLScontact) and on their website there is no update.
Ive contacted UKVI regarding this issue, but they said that its up to 10 working days for them to send passport, on day#11 they escalated the case and still nothing.

Has somebody experienced the same? Does it really take for UKVI more than 3 weeks to send a passport?

*there is no emails in spam/junk folder and TLScontact said last week that passport is still with UKVI
I would get the local MP involved and get them to pressure Sheffield in seeing where the passport is at - it should not be taking this long to get the passport back.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shielacity
Congratulations to you
Thanks much
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nneky360
I pray its your turn soonest Nneky...all the best to everyone waiting.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Next week will be an interesting week, here's hoping Sheffield have all those decision made emails ready to be fired out to applicants.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
You really should have sent all the communication evidence for peace and mind and to strengthen the case. Fingers crossed all works for you. I don't know where people stand in terms of sending in further documentation to Sheffield and whether they would accept this or not.
Absolutely agree. We made a priority application 2 weeks ago, so if they've already started processing the application, it would probably be a bad idea to send more documentation without them requesting it. As you said just have to keep fingers crossed and hope and pray it works out. Thanks.

Can I suggest a direct and assured route if you wanted to send further documentation?

Contact your local MP who has account manager assigned at UKVI and let the MP send it on your behalf.

It's less formal and someone will use their head at the other end hopefully to include it as part of the application.

You can email them but their typical responses are not something that will give you confidence the task is trusted in their possession.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've decided to wait it out to see if at least we get quick feedback on the application as it was a priority application. If we don't hear back soon, I'll contact my MP about it.

Congratulations, really happy for you. My wife also applied from Nigeria but in my opinion I think since July the HO have been trying to complete recent applications by their estimated processing time, which would in effect enable them to publish better looking processing times. Nonetheless this is fantastic news.

Originally Posted by Nneky360
It does seem like they're catching up on delayed applications. I'm sure yours will come soon.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Crownjewel is an unknown quantity at this point

A big congratulations to you! I'm also applying from Nigeria. I pray I get a positive decision very soon. Please do you mind telling me what documents you submitted to prove your relationship is genuine? Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nina ali
hello,

as i am seeing so many messages here which are very helpful, but still wanna share my case to know your guys opinions on it. its as similar as everyone else's case.

i applied spouse vise from pakistan. my husbad is a UK citizen. we applied priority visa. the date my finger prints were taken was 15th of september 2017. documents submitted to the sheffield was 23rd of septmeber 2017.
we got that NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD email on 9th of october and after two days the home office contacted my husband's employee and him as well. all they asked to him was about his work. my husband asked to the lady who was taking the interview that how much more do we have to wait. she said its in process. as i am reading a lot of people who have applied in june are still waiting for their passports. but knowing that they did call my husband to enquire and all it makes me think that atleast they are working on it.
is it possible that i get my passport( ofcourse with visa inside) till next moth atleast? i just miss my husband so much and want to be with him asap.

also, do they call everyone for interview or its a rare case?
thanks
Salaam and Hi

You are the first case that I can recall hearing were the recipient of an interview Q&A call by the Home Office on this forum.

I think the interview is an encouraging sign and that you also paid priority. As since September UKVI appear as though they have got back on top of processing settlement applications for anybody applying after May 2017.

Me and my wife have been waiting since April.

I think you will receive an answer soon in sha allah.

Best of luck
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

nina ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Salaam and Hi

You are the first case that I can recall hearing were the recipient of an interview Q&A call by the Home Office on this forum.

I think the interview is an encouraging sign and that you also paid priority. As since September UKVI appear as though they have got back on top of processing settlement applications for anybody applying after May 2017.

Me and my wife have been waiting since April.

I think you will receive an answer soon in sha allah.

Best of luck
thank you for your quick response and good luck to you and your wife too. i know how hard and frustrating it can get when everything is up in the air.
i was worried when i heard that he got a call from home office as very few people get that. hope its a positive sign.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nina ali
thank you for your quick response and good luck to you and your wife too. i know how hard and frustrating it can get when everything is up in the air.
i was worried when i heard that he got a call from home office as very few people get that. hope its a positive sign.
Understand the reasons for the delay of many applications by the Home Office UKVI department this year and accept them.

Every application is treated differently on appearance to us as we do not know the inner workings of the decision making center. Naturally we want to find reasons to quell our thirst to find our reasons for the 'what if's' and 'maybe's' and thus go in search by registering on forums such as this.

Your mental status will be further fueled by watching other people gain success and fight to comprehend the inconsistency in decision making by wanting to apply logic and reasoning for your own peace of mind.

Accept the situation is the way it is and focus your aims on objective thought as that will be only thing that will benefit you now and when you receive your visa decision in sha allah.

By not accepting it, it will drive you mad and you will probably micro analyse every piece of your application and journey from submission to present day. It isn't healthy or productive to move you any forward in gaining the success we all crave.

My recommendation to you today is, do something you enjoy and think prepare for your arrival to be with your partner by learning something new or bonding more that will benefit you both for the long run.

Last edited by mystikal2k2a; Oct 22nd 2017 at 12:52 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.