Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:44 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Irin
Hi guys!!

I've applied on 12 May, 15 May docs were received by office in Sheffield... And thats it!)) No response yet.
I applied from Ukraine, it supposed to be priority service (15 working days) and as of today its already 63 working days.

I've contacted that call centre (or whatever it is) twice by phone and several times by email - the answer is always the same: "your application has been considered and waiting for decision", case was escalated 3 times and no result. No messages from UKVI that its not straightforward as well.

Whats going on in that Home Office?!

Does anybody know how push on them? Or how else to contact them? Thats absolutely not normal what they are doing to people and this zero-communication approach is not appropriate at all - I supposed to be with my husband since beginning of June and now its 2 months overdue and nobody can say how long to wait more

Cheers,
Irina
Hey Irina,

I'm so sorry to hear this, unfortunately I am also on the same boat just like you. Gladly I didn't go for priority by paying extra. Btw why don't you ask your husband to involve his MP (member of Parliament) to this case to push this. Many people do that and my husband is planning to involve his MP in case if my 60 working days exceeds.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rez
Hey Irina,

I'm so sorry to hear this, unfortunately I am also on the same boat just like you. Gladly I didn't go for priority by paying extra. Btw why don't you ask your husband to involve his MP (member of Parliament) to this case to push this. Many people do that and my husband is planning to involve his MP in case if my 60 working days exceeds.
Hey Rez,

Thanks for your message! We were thinking about this option, but for MP it also will take time to "process" our case and as I can see from this forum it doesn't help much as Home Office will use magic word combination "not straightforward" and thats it. But we might try it, who knows
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!!

I've applied on 12 May, 15 May docs were received by office in Sheffield... And thats it!)) No response yet.
I applied from Ukraine, it supposed to be priority service (15 working days) and as of today its already 63 working days.

I've contacted that call centre (or whatever it is) twice by phone and several times by email - the answer is always the same: "your application has been considered and waiting for decision", case was escalated 3 times and no result. No messages from UKVI that its not straightforward as well.

Whats going on in that Home Office?!

Does anybody know how push on them? Or how else to contact them? Thats absolutely not normal what they are doing to people and this zero-communication approach is not appropriate at all - I supposed to be with my husband since beginning of June and now its 2 months overdue and nobody can say how long to wait more

Cheers,
Irina
Basically, Sheffield seems to be a shambles and actively encouraged by HMG to delay applications/confuse applicants to keep down immigration numbers. Rez's suggestion of involving sponsor's MP is probably only route to go.

As sponsor I've only just submitted docs (yesterday) and went the priority route knowing it was waste of money, but without it who knows when case would be examined. Ours should be straight forward case (no kids, fiance stay 4 months in UK earlier in year, using savings to meet financial requirement), so I shall certainly involve my MP once delay becomes excessive.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:43 am
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Basically, Sheffield seems to be a shambles and actively encouraged by HMG to delay applications/confuse applicants to keep down immigration numbers. Rez's suggestion of involving sponsor's MP is probably only route to go.

As sponsor I've only just submitted docs (yesterday) and went the priority route knowing it was waste of money, but without it who knows when case would be examined. Ours should be straight forward case (no kids, fiance stay 4 months in UK earlier in year, using savings to meet financial requirement), so I shall certainly involve my MP once delay becomes excessive.
Hi Brynmaxwell!

Best of luck to you!
I thought mine was going to be easy too... no kids, applying from Ireland (even being a Brazilian), using savings... and paying for priority and using a famous lawyer... but I'm still waiting 53 working days now...
But at least our MP said that my files are with the last officer just to approve and give the stamp and we should hear something by Friday... fingers crossed.
Contact your MP if your process take more than 15 days!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:11 am
Just Joined

MissOwl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hello everyone,

Anyone here whose application has been put on hold? This is the only chatty thread I seem to have found. I've read the thread about "pause", but it seems to be dead.
Applied from Ukraine for a spouse visa on 3rd of April (date of biometrics), recieved an "on hold" email on the 26th of June. All I seem to be doing now is following multiple forums.
I got nothing to complain about, really, apart from the fact that the enquiry service are absolutely useless. They know nothing. My husband rang them on the 30th of June (my application had been put on hold at that point) and they said application status was "awaiting a decision" and not a word about the hold.
I'm also following a russian forum and it seems that Sheffield are working weekends now. So this is good news for everyone here waiting
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Usman Wahla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Need help! I'm UAE resident and going to apply from Dubai, UAE. Can any tell me if I need to send me docs to Sheffield and have the biometric in dubai or the docs will be submitted in dubai vfs center, confused with this big time! Unable to get vfs contact center in Dubai
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=garyede;12311943]I got my MP involved Friday to initiate a search for our docs and pair them with my wife and daughters application. Phoned my MP this morning to check on any progress as they have had the weekend and Monday. He will wait till 4 o'clock then push again. I will keep you informed of any developments. Day 67 today, non priority.[/QUOTE

Day 68, non priority after contacting my MP Friday he phoned Sheffield again yesterday. He said he had nothing to tell me and I felt guilty ringing him again this morning. I don't want to pi** him off so better not push him too much. I am running out of options now!!!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received this.... eeeekkkk the suspense is killing me.

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RichInna

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration
GOOD FOR YOU AT LEAST A BREAKTHROUGH. LET US KNOW THE RESULT
Old Aug 9th 2017, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
Need help! I'm UAE resident and going to apply from Dubai, UAE. Can any tell me if I need to send me docs to Sheffield and have the biometric in dubai or the docs will be submitted in dubai vfs center, confused with this big time! Unable to get vfs contact center in Dubai
Hi Usman Wahla. I thought my fiance could submit her docs with vfs in Philippines when she had her biometrics done, but was told by vfs they would only scan and send ALL the docs - applicant's and sponsor's. So she sent her docs to me and I sent ENTIRE bundle to Sheffield. I suspect its the same policy world wide.

For applicant to have his/her documents scanned by vfs while sponsor sends his docs to Sheffield is too obvious for the muppets at the Home Office!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Usman Wahla. I thought my fiance could submit her docs with vfs in Philippines when she had her biometrics done, but was told by vfs they would only scan and send ALL the docs - applicant's and sponsor's. So she sent her docs to me and I sent ENTIRE bundle to Sheffield. I suspect its the same policy world wide.

For applicant to have his/her documents scanned by vfs while sponsor sends his docs to Sheffield is too obvious for the muppets at the Home Office!
DID YOU SEND THE BUNDLE TO THE PO BOX NUMBER IN SHEFFIELD OR TO VULCAN HOUSE
Old Aug 9th 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration
wowww, congratulationsss - and how many business days it took now ? yours was priorty , right ? i wonder if the escalation helped it
Old Aug 9th 2017, 3:17 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes lot of sense.. Good luck with your application

By the way guys, once we get all our visas we should really meet up all and celebrate together even if it is after a decade lol. This wait is quite depressive.

Last edited by Rez; Aug 9th 2017 at 3:19 pm. Reason: Spellings
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:15 pm
M84
Just Joined

M84 is an unknown quantity at this point

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Hello . Hope all is good .
I got the same email same time and i am so worry . I got it before and went twice to the uk .
But this email is defferent than before and it comfused me and make me worry really .
All the best for all of u .
Old Aug 9th 2017, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

DID YOU SEND THE BUNDLE TO THE PO BOX NUMBER IN SHEFFIELD OR TO VULCAN HOUSE
Hi garyede I sent bundle to PO BOX 5852 Sheffield address as instructed on vfs Philippines website. I don't know if address varies in different parts of the world. Don't they give the address on vfs website where your fiance lives?

Don't forget to write your GWF number on outside of envelope and somewhere on envelope the
vfs location where biometrics were submitted.

The problem I had - I intended sending via DHL but girl said DHL require recipient's phone no. or email address, neither of which I had (not aware there is a phone/email for Sheffield). However, she also had problems with DHL website crashing so I sent docs via Parcel Force who didn't require contact info for recipient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.