Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by london_2005
congratulations Britflyer! do you mind telling where you applied from and if you received any info in the meantime from UKVI e.g. saying it was not straightfwd - as 81 days is looong? (glad that it is over for you now)
Yes, we received the your case is not straight forward email back in June, other than that nothing.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by london_2005
congratulations Britflyer! do you mind telling where you applied from and if you received any info in the meantime from UKVI e.g. saying it was not straightfwd - as 81 days is looong? (glad that it is over for you now)

Sorry forgot to mention we applied from USA
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:06 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
Hi All

Well.. the wait for us is almost over, we got the email this morning that a decision has been made.

Priority applications confirmed received in Sheffield on 10 April, 17weeks (81 working days) ago
Congratulations!! Can you tell me at what time did they send you the email in UK time? Because I keep checking my emails these and I wonder whether they send it during their working hours or anytime on the day since it is an automated email. Because I got the documents received emails at around 2ish in the morning in their time.

Also, did you escalate the case after passing 60 working days?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Hi All

Well.. the wait for us is almost over, we got the email this morning that a decision has been made.

Priority applications confirmed received in Sheffield on 10 April, 17weeks (81 working days) ago
Fingers crossed 4u, let us know your result
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rez
Congratulations!! Can you tell me at what time did they send you the email in UK time? Because I keep checking my emails these and I wonder whether they send it during their working hours or anytime on the day since it is an automated email. Because I got the documents received emails at around 2ish in the morning in their time.

Also, did you escalate the case after passing 60 working days?
The email arrived this morning around 7.30am our time, 12.30pm UK time, we tried to get the case escalated after 60 days, but it took until 77 days before they agreed to escalate.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by PaulandJoy
On day 65 now, getting very depressed.
Attempted to escalate via my MP on day 60 last week, got some positive feedback, stated my case would be expedited but they are very busy, etc. etc. and shouldn't be too long
Spoke to my MP again today to check progress and I'm getting feedback as follows;
Case may not be straightforward( it should be!!)
There are many checks they have to perform in Thailand, it's not Sheffield holding things up!!
And best of all, only priority cases should be processed within 12 weeks, non priority are to be attempted to be processed within 24 weeks.
So I've gone from a 3 week wait, to 6, to 12, now they're talking 24--WTF!!!
Can't wait to break the news to my wife 😪
Sheffield seem to use the case not straightforward very conveniently, it really means they cannot get there act together and your case will be dealt with at the same time as the poor people(me also) who did not want to part with 1000 quid
and were

happy to wait 8 to 10 weeks as promised in their SLA. And like what checks would they have to do in Thailand I don't get it!!!Sorry you may have to wait up until 24 weeks join the club!!!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by garyede
Sheffield seem to use the case not straightforward very conveniently, it really means they cannot get there act together and your case will be dealt with at the same time as the poor people(me also) who did not want to part with 1000 quid
and were

happy to wait 8 to 10 weeks as promised in their SLA. And like what checks would they have to do in Thailand I don't get it!!!Sorry you may have to wait up until 24 weeks join the club!!!
Thanks for the sentiments, we all need them!
This is the sort of information they give to MP's. I've been informed there is a MP liaison service where they can look at particular cases but not give any real specifics. They will only go into further detail by email to the MP, and they have to do this within 15 days, same or similar to escalation I presume?
They told my MP that they have to wait for information from Thailand and other countries, hence the delays, apparently nothing to do with being desperately short staffed and having an overwhelming backlog!!!!
This is the info they are giving MP's!!!
We have no chance, hence the constant generic replies everyone seem to be getting.
I personally think if they were more honest with the problems they have it might actually put a few people off, and help with the backlogs. And also, give us some realistic timelines, I am so worried many of us will get pushed to the 24 week mark, and then what???!
Call it 48 weeks??
I really really hope I'm wrong.
If I would have had any idea it was going to be this long I would have broke the wait and paid my wife and 1 yr old son a visit at the roughly half way mark of waiting time.
But I don't have any idea when this is!!!!
Anyway, my son took his first steps a few days ago....Not the same witnessing this on FaceTime!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulandJoy
Thanks for the sentiments, we all need them!
This is the sort of information they give to MP's. I've been informed there is a MP liaison service where they can look at particular cases but not give any real specifics. They will only go into further detail by email to the MP, and they have to do this within 15 days, same or similar to escalation I presume?
They told my MP that they have to wait for information from Thailand and other countries, hence the delays, apparently nothing to do with being desperately short staffed and having an overwhelming backlog!!!!
This is the info they are giving MP's!!!
We have no chance, hence the constant generic replies everyone seem to be getting.
I personally think if they were more honest with the problems they have it might actually put a few people off, and help with the backlogs. And also, give us some realistic timelines, I am so worried many of us will get pushed to the 24 week mark, and then what???!
Call it 48 weeks??
I really really hope I'm wrong.
If I would have had any idea it was going to be this long I would have broke the wait and paid my wife and 1 yr old son a visit at the roughly half way mark of waiting time.
But I don't have any idea when this is!!!!
Anyway, my son took his first steps a few days ago....Not the same witnessing this on FaceTime!
Yes i am the same i have let my passport elapse but dare not travel to the Philippines because its sods law they will ring me about something. Your absolutely right if they were more honest they would probably help themselves cut telephone traffic but instead they create this illusion that everything is ok. They have absolutely no idea about customer service and the whole set up is an absolute disgrace. All we can do is keep waiting and even if you contact your MP your fobbed off. Lets just hope we don't have to wait for the full 24 working weeks but i got little faith!!!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your son beginning to walk, it's a shame you aren't there with them.
Thanks on the MP's info. I'm 78 working days(16 weeks) & still only got the "not straightforward" email. In My MP's reply to our email was the first I've ever heard of the 24 weeks & she claimed the home office said this was made clear to me in the application stages which is a lie.
I have a feeling they'll take mine to day 89/90 and then make decision, as they sent the "not straightforward" email on day 59. Looks like they put your file aside and only work on it when a deadline is few days away with the "not straightforward" applications.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Congrats on your son beginning to walk, it's a shame you aren't there with them.
Thanks on the MP's info. I'm 78 working days(16 weeks) & still only got the "not straightforward" email. In My MP's reply to our email was the first I've ever heard of the 24 weeks & she claimed the home office said this was made clear to me in the application stages which is a lie.
I have a feeling they'll take mine to day 89/90 and then make decision, as they sent the "not straightforward" email on day 59. Looks like they put your file aside and only work on it when a deadline is few days away with the "not straightforward" applications.
Well they can actually go to day 120 and I would not be surprised if they change the rules again!!!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Well they can actually go to day 120 and I would not be surprised if they change the rules again!!!
Yes the next set of stats they upload will be interesting. The last they released for my area (Gambia), May 2017, they Decided 100% in 90 working days.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 5:24 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

The email arrived this morning around 7.30am our time, 12.30pm UK time, we tried to get the case escalated after 60 days, but it took until 77 days before they agreed to escalate.
Thanks for the information!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

yes as someone once said there are 3 kinds of lies, lies, damned lies, and statistics!!! Cant wait to see what they put for June probably 100%
Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!!

I've applied on 12 May, 15 May docs were received by office in Sheffield... And thats it!)) No response yet.
I applied from Ukraine, it supposed to be priority service (15 working days) and as of today its already 63 working days.

I've contacted that call centre (or whatever it is) twice by phone and several times by email - the answer is always the same: "your application has been considered and waiting for decision", case was escalated 3 times and no result. No messages from UKVI that its not straightforward as well.

Whats going on in that Home Office?!

Does anybody know how push on them? Or how else to contact them? Thats absolutely not normal what they are doing to people and this zero-communication approach is not appropriate at all - I supposed to be with my husband since beginning of June and now its 2 months overdue and nobody can say how long to wait more

Cheers,
Irina
Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!!

I've applied on 12 May, 15 May docs were received by office in Sheffield... And thats it!)) No response yet.
I applied from Ukraine, it supposed to be priority service (15 working days) and as of today its already 63 working days.

I've contacted that call centre (or whatever it is) twice by phone and several times by email - the answer is always the same: "your application has been considered and waiting for decision", case was escalated 3 times and no result. No messages from UKVI that its not straightforward as well.

Whats going on in that Home Office?!

Does anybody know how push on them? Or how else to contact them? Thats absolutely not normal what they are doing to people and this zero-communication approach is not appropriate at all - I supposed to be with my husband since beginning of June and now its 2 months overdue and nobody can say how long to wait more

Cheers,
Irina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.