Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why do I Want to Return to the US

Why do I Want to Return to the US

Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:25 pm
Banned

UFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to all
Default Re: Why do I Want to Return to the US

Typical responses from typical English people. Instead of addressing the points I made your making child like regurgations of other comments I made about overweight women.

overcrowding? again, compared to what? Netherlands? Monaco? Sao Paulo?
Duuhhh!! Why the fck would I be comparing England to the Netherlands or Monaco on a US related topic. Duuuhhh!

House prices are high because dickheads are prepared to pay £130,000 for a terraced house in Burnley, but then again, if people are still buying them, how's it out of control?
Its out of control because its making it more and more difficult for first time buyers to get on to the property ladder. As property prices increase, prices to rent will also increase meaning people will be spending more of their annual salary on just making sure a roof is over their heads, which will decrease the amount of money they have to spend on everything else. Is this too hard for you to grasp?

It's grimmer if the likes of you control our borders. them Eastern Europeans that the Daily Mail likes to gripe about work like kids in a cotton mill........and if we don't let new fresh young labour into the country then there's gonna be a lot of pissed off pensioners without a pension in 20 years.
Yeah, also please don't consider the fresh labor that already live in England who cannot get jobs because they are all being outsourced. Please tell me the great new skills Romanians are going to offer in England next year. A lot of college graduates in the UK can't get jobs, and even if they can, they struggle to repay their £20,000 debt as well.

Like I said, typical responses from typical English people - closed minded, pessmistic, and lacking thought.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I read that it's even harder to settle back into life in your homeland than it is to move to a new country.
Very true.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T5XAN
North England!!! Aberdeen, Scotland!
Well which is it? North England or Aberdeen?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:29 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in the USA nearly 7 years now...a road trip back from FL this year woke me up to the fact America is now my home...and I'm happy with that...the problems we had here were nothing to do with the USA as such..they were problems we could of had anywhere and have had in the UK...they just seemed so much bigger here...
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UFsoccergator76
Typical responses from typical English people. Instead of addressing the points I made your making child like regurgations of other comments I made about overweight women.

Duuhhh!! Why the fck would I be comparing England to the Netherlands or Monaco on a US related topic. Duuuhhh!

Its out of control because its making it more and more difficult for first time buyers to get on to the property ladder. As property prices increase, prices to rent will also increase meaning people will be spending more of their annual salary on just making sure a roof is over their heads, which will decrease the amount of money they have to spend on everything else. Is this too hard for you to grasp?

Yeah, also please don't consider the fresh labor that already live in England who cannot get jobs because they are all being outsourced. Please tell me the great new skills Romanians are going to offer in England next year. A lot of college graduates in the UK can't get jobs, and even if they can, they struggle to repay their £20,000 debt as well.

Like I said, typical responses from typical English people - closed minded, pessmistic, and lacking thought.
Lol, I think we've seen you before!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:30 pm
Banned

UFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well which is it? North England or Aberdeen?
i think this person thinks scotland is a part of england
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Lol, I think we've seen you before!
Yes we have, so young and full of hate
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:35 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Typical responses from typical English people. Instead of addressing the points I made
I addressed the points you made though........

Obviously you're not in the debating society at U of FA.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

All of this, with a few geographical, demographic and currency variations, also applies to the US.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
All of this, with a few geographical, demographic and currency variations, also applies to the US.
Well said.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Manc]
House prices are high because dickheads are prepared to pay £130,000 for a terraced house in Burnley, but then again, if people are still buying them, how's it out of control?
QUOTE]
Mine's only worth £100,000, I knew I was in a rough part!!

Whilst I agree with your reply, some facts to think of. The house prices continue to rise at a horrific rate primarly because we have a growing population ( through 60 million) in a space the size of nevada. The population is also living longer. So with house building not meeting demand, and not commenting on the state of the older high density housing, the prices will reflect the demand.

2 more countries are now approved to join the EU and this will bring even more people arriving in the UK seeking the pavements of gold, don't get me wrong, I'm a liberal who hates the Daily Mail and know that our immigration policy supports our decent economy, but even the liberals are now thinking enough is enough. 500,000 over the last two years is just way too much.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Regarding house prices and Florida:

3/4 Million $ will now buy you a 3/2 in South Florida. The average house price in Central Florida is now around $300k. The average wage in Florida is around $20 per hour. Young local people here cannot afford to buy a house. It is not just the UK that has mad house prices.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me the great new skills Romanians are going to offer in England next year.
I dunno, I guess the 136,000 Romanians in the USA are all on welfare too.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
I dunno, I guess the 136,000 Romanians in the USA are all on welfare too.
Dont forget all the Polish here.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Dont forget all the Polish here.
and the Romans....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.