Reload this Page >

Speak f**kin English !

Speak f**kin English !

Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:03 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speak f**kin English !

Originally Posted by Partystar
You know, this is one that I didn't even realise until our meetup this past weekend. I've always said Car Park & then someone at our meetup (sorry can't remember who it was!) said, you mean Parking Lot? I said, you know what I never had a problem with saying Car Park, I didn't even realise people didn't say that here, or were they wrong? I'm sure I've heard people say Car Park.
well i thought i'd heard them say car park before but this dozy cow had no idea...i still didn't mean valet parking i meant did they have a bl**dy car park so i could park my own car
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
well i thought i'd heard them say car park before but this dozy cow had no idea...i still didn't mean valet parking i meant did they have a bl**dy car park so i could park my own car
Our neighbour employs a firm to valet park their visitors' cars when they have a party.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Our neighbour employs a firm to valet park their visitors' cars when they have a party.

yep, pretty standard here for parties
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I've used a valet, I could have driven home by the time they get my car.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - posh eh!

Last edited by Elvira; Jun 8th 2006 at 9:08 am. Reason: can't type or spell...
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Every time I've used a valet, I could have driven home by the time they get my car.

well the place i went to for lunch was indeed valet parking only and they parked my car in the front so i didn't have to wait a minute when we were ready to leave, lovely lunch and lovely company so had a nice day
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - posh eh!
Everywhere is valet parking...even the mall.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

well the place i went to for lunch was indeed valet parking only and they parked my car in the front so i didn't have to wait a minute when we were ready to leave, lovely lunch and lovely company so had a nice day
Now that is really annoying...when you pay for valet parking...and they park it right where you are stood.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:58 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Something I find really stupid here is that many people will drive to a club, pay the valet to park their car, get pissed up, come out & get their car from valet & then drive home drunk. They should do what I do & get a f**king cab!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Everywhere is valet parking...even the mall.
yeah the galleria (or gonorrhea as my sons friends have christened it) has valet parking...lol will i miss that back in blighty..lol not on your nellie, not the valet or galleria give me harvey nicks any day
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Now that is really annoying...when you pay for valet parking...and they park it right where you are stood.
yeah i asked the guy could i park there and he said no it's for valet
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:05 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i asked the guy could i park there and he said no it's for valet
There's got to be some sort of law or regulations against that, surely? I always thought it was weird when they rope off a section of the car park for valet at night, what could they really do if you just got your friend to move the cones so that you could park there?
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partystar
There's got to be some sort of law or regulations against that, surely? I always thought it was weird when they rope off a section of the car park for valet at night, what could they really do if you just got your friend to move the cones so that you could park there?
no parking at this place, all valet
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

no parking at this place, all valet
Same in a lot of places here, pain in the arse.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Most Americans, in my experience, say parking lot. Or parking garage (appropriate pronunciation of garage).

It's perfectly acceptable to ask if they have FREE parking close by (if you're going somewhere like Montrose etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.