View Poll Results: What is your income level?
$0 - $25,000
7.46%
$25,000 - $50,000
19.40%
$50,000 - $75,000
28.36%
$75,000 - $100,000
17.91%
$100,000 - $200,000
20.90%
>$200,000
5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Salary?

Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:47 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dbj1000
I couldn't agree more Monster. My "overpaid" comment was sarcasm (for which there doesn't seem to be an emoticon).
'S OK -I got the sarcasm anyway -I'm British
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:55 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

I currently earn nothing!
I have been living in mid maine since august last year and am finding it very hard for anyone to even give my resume a second chance.
MY wife earns just over what it took to sponsor me, and we could use any extra cash.
I have signed up for alot of employment agencies, and find them all a joke.
In the UK, i started off as a factory worker, earned a great deal of money compared to my friends, then what with the breakdown of unions and corrupt officials in the factory, my friends wages overtook mine. eventaually i got out of that, and did a few other lil jobs just to not always be classed as manual labour.
I am just an average man trying to make the best of whjat i was given, and a couple of weeks ago went for an interview to teaCH compTIA a+ in Portland, that pays $45 an hr....not got it yet, but hoping, lol.

Its amazing what some of you earn, and your education levels i guess reflect that, i ahve no degree ( my own silly fault). And am going back to school part time here in the USA, but its expensive.
This may be a generalisation, but it seems that once someone has money, its very hard not to make more(sportsmen excluded).

I just realised my reply has no point, so i will shut my gob now.

Interesting poll though!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:21 pm
Moderated

matt_in_philly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
Its my company, I can award myself any salary and bonuses I want. The fact I have earned $230 this month does not stop me from awarding myself a huge salary, the fact I cant afford it is irrelevant

Patrick,

I swear to God you're wasting your time with your current job and your efforts to get a better one. You should definitely be on SNL or something in its class. Then you would definitely get that million and "fine" ladies of NBC.

Every time I read your posts I start laughing and wife thinks that I'm weird :PARTY: .

And, although it pains me to agree with a Republican (just joking with ya ) I totally agree with Ironporer on what he said about your approach to your job and I think what he wrote is certainly worth reading.

Surprisingly I agree with Gross,too. Man, this is the 3rd time I agree with Gross on something and it's scary .
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:11 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with what Monster said. But add another aspect into it which has been mentioned is location. Maybe, to give more umph to this poll another one regarding location - middle of nowhere, city etc. living makes a huge difference to salary. As mentioned already if you live in NYC or LA you expect a higher salary because of the standard of living. Live around NYC - NJ, CT, Long Island etc., again the cost of living is still high, therefore salaries are generally higher. But if you lived in the middle of Alabama, away from any major cities, I bet you would find a huge drop in salaries.

Given the reasons why people moved here - job relocation, marriage - this could explain the gaps. How many people when coming over here with job relocation rather than marriage, took into account where the job was first before moving? I know we did. There were certain criteria that had to be met before I would consider moving our children and hubby felt the same. I'm sure we weren't the only ones that considered area as part of the move therefore you could find a high concentration of us in certain places like NYC or LA.

Just a thought