View Poll Results: What is your income level?
$0 - $25,000
7.46%
$25,000 - $50,000
19.40%
$50,000 - $75,000
28.36%
$75,000 - $100,000
17.91%
$100,000 - $200,000
20.90%
>$200,000
5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Salary?

Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:57 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
read again dozy........
Funny, when I was a kid, all the drugs came from Mexico and Columbia, smuggled by crazy young dudes in planes. Now they come from Canada by geezers in Winabagos.

Psssst...psssst....hey mon....got any Lipator??? I can see the Cheech and Chong movie now at age 65.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You know, that wouldn't be funny if it weren't true.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:39 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by manc1976
You know, that wouldn't be funny if it weren't true.
Manc, just say no.

Iron, right now, mainly corporate (some ariel photography and contract news and traffic work – although that’s rare). I wouldn’t refer to these people as VIP’s, although some of them think they are, we mainly ferry CEO’s and their anal-sunshine emitting guests and clients to golf resorts and spas from their NY metro area offices. In the past I have done tourist work (Australian, Northern Territory) and Western Australian Offshore work (which is the best pay but the worst conditions) but have never taken any VIP’s that I know of (unless you count the Silverstone GP drop in passengers a couple of years ago, I’m sure some of them must’ve been VIP but I didn’t recognize any of them).

Most of my hours were built surveying power lines and train lines following the diabolical few years that British Rail went through with all the accidents, good time for me, bad time for almost everyone traveling on the system. I never did have the patience (or the balls of steel) to instruct, but the older I get, the more likely it is to happen. I think I’d actually get quite a kick out of teaching someone then seeing them complete their first solo or first hover.

The best job in the world in my opinion though would be ‘personal, on-call pilot’ for one of the many vastly wealthy people…I know a few guys that do this, they have worked up for chief pilot level (usually in their mid/late 40’s), then get offered a full time pay check by a VIP they regularly fly, to become their own, personal pilot (these people usually buy their own chopper but cannot fly it). Originally the plan of coming to the US was to get heavy lift and water drop ratings (in Washington State and Oregon) but honestly, I’m having a good time doing what I’m doing here…Ideally, I’d like to get up to Montreal and do the tourist flights, well paid work for what it is and a beautiful city, plus, they have 5 grounded choppers this summer due to a lack of pilots.!!!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:43 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting but too subjective and far too relative. The USA is too big a place to do this. They pay $25,000 here for jobs that you would be paid $100,000 in NY or Silicon valley. SF payscales are different from East Bumcunt* Virginia. A secretary in Boston could command $40,000 where as a secretary in Charleston SC can get $15,000.

Wages are dropping in a lot of markets as well, the high tech industries are starting to rehire but the hiring salaries are 10 - 20% below what they where 3 years ago because the market place is full of unemployed high techies.

I think its an interesting poll but it is not a guide on how well someone lives or what there quality of life is like. I could earn $100k if I went to silicon valley or Boston. I couldn't afford to live within 50 miles so would have to commute at least 4 hours a day, as everything is more expensive in these towns a larger proportion of my wages would go on the necesities and of course some would go on food as well. The good news is that you can tell your mates back in the uk that you earn $100k and your car costs less than theres, that will make you feel like a bigger man.

*if they won't let me be an adult and use the f word I shall use something else, we can all be childish

Last edited by Patrick; Jun 9th 2004 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 4:57 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ironporer
I have to agree very strongly. 18 years ago I started off in a foundry, earning $5.00 an hour- a hot, dirty, stinking job that I despised. I asked a lot of questions, listened, took all the overtime I could, learned other jobs in the place, and became first a lead man, then a supervisor, then general supervisor... and finally moved to another company in a more technical position. Again, asked a lot of questions, took night school classes, and busted my butt.

I have had to move several times, each time moving up to a better position at a new company. Even lay-offs (whicch seemed the darkes hour at the time) led to better positions at other companies, and in the end turned out great.

Just because one does not make $75K as a entry level employee does not mean that in 5 years you won't. In most places opportunity is what YOU make of it.

thats the spirit. some people pass away a job because they think they should be paid more. when i was doing my undergrad i started working for free. didnt even get paid bus fare or offered lunch. but i was determined to get some job. my next job, i was paid when the boss was in a good mood. i worked myself silly to the detriment of my studies. got him his product in the market and then he kicked me out. i still go and visit him once in a while. we've kept contact. only this time we've changed positions. it certainly pays to be kind/honest/compassionate.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:03 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Gross50
thats the spirit. some people pass away a job because they think they should be paid more. when i was doing my undergrad i started working for free. didnt even get paid bus fare or offered lunch. but i was determined to get some job. my next job, i was paid when the boss was in a good mood. i worked myself silly to the detriment of my studies. got him his product in the market and then he kicked me out. i still go and visit him once in a while. we've kept contact. only this time we've changed positions. it certainly pays to be kind/honest/compassionate.
Thats true...by being the nice guy in a tough situation, I have found opportunities time and time again, when it seemed like the door was slammed in my face.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Somehow I don’t believe the results at all, do you honestly think people will not embellish their salaries for bravado regardless of its confidentiality. So yes an ok survey but not accurate.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
Somehow I don’t believe the results at all, do you honestly think people will not embellish their salaries for bravado regardless of its confidentiality. So yes an ok survey but not accurate.
I didn't embellish, however I was dissappointed there wasn't a catogorie for over $1,000,000 + use of company jet and prostitutes.

Patrick
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:59 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Patrick
I didn't embellish, however I was dissappointed there wasn't a catogorie for over $1,000,000 + use of company jet and prostitutes.

Patrick
would that be the secretary or is it the surbodinates?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:00 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
I have no need to embelish.
I told it straight up.......... If someone were to embelish their salaries, qualifications, lifestyle, artistic pictures of their 'supposed' house then it just comes back to haunt them when they are found out later on.

disclaimer, any persons relating to this post is purely coincidental.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:01 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
Shit, house painting and lawn mowing pays a lot more than it used to. Good benies too!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by ironporer
Shit, house painting and lawn mowing pays a lot more than it used to. Good benies too!
Its my company, I can award myself any salary and bonuses I want. The fact I have earned $230 this month does not stop me from awarding myself a huge salary, the fact I cant afford it is irrelevant
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:10 pm
@matthewb76

the fact I cant afford it is irrelevant

I was just about to apply for a job.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt embellish either ... hubby earns $42K / year working for the local indian tribe and i earn a measly $8 / hour for hotel work ... all in all it comes to about 50K. Its enough to live on, we just about manage to pay extortionate property taxes and car insurances and until something better than $8/hr comes along its our lot.
The only way is up

Jan
Old Jun 9th 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gross50
I cannot believe this but I am actually agreeing with the 2 conservatives on this board.

Very scarry thing that is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.