British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

gbr2usa Jun 24th 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by candy wy. (Post 9454805)
so you procrastinate on everything........:p:lol:

Sure looks like it does'nt it......LOL.......but really no, it was out of frustration that I found this forum, just looking to see if anyone else was having the same problems, thought it was me, I was convinced they had lost my application. I can see how it looks like I left it to the last minute but due to last experience and what it was saying on the Embassy's website, 4 weeks, I thought that I had plenty of time.
I wish you luck in your waiting, in that you do not have to wait as long as most of the people on here..........it really is a shambles and something needs to be fixed.............and soon:D

Jodilynn0330 Jun 24th 2011 4:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Update: called careline and my daughters passport was printed today and I should have it monday/ tues. 12 wks total it took.
In all this mess we forgot to check my sons and his expires in August. Can he return home to UK with a month left on it?

Jerseygirl Jun 24th 2011 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jodilynn0330 (Post 9454839)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Update: called careline and my daughters passport was printed today and I should have it monday/ tues. 12 wks total it took.
In all this mess we forgot to check my sons and his expires in August. Can he return home to UK with a month left on it?

Yes.

lyonsden1193 Jun 24th 2011 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by candy wy. (Post 9454805)
so you procrastinate on everything........:p:lol:

You must be American...:):)

alt meaning
Procrastinate=late (passport=late)
Precipitation=wet (excuses from careline=wet)
Automobile=car (the only way your going vacation without a passport=car)

:):):D:D

three and four letter words probably abound about this situation!

penguinbar Jun 24th 2011 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9454637)
I never did call Careline, in the end I had sent a private msg to Dean to see if he could help. However, the very next day after the private msg to Dean, the passport showed up. I'm beginning to think its some kind of divine
intervention....:D

Send Dean a msg or call Careline, seems like others are getting their passports and yours has been too long...

I have messaged Dean. He told me that he would need a case number from careline to check for me.

mshedden Jun 24th 2011 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by mshedden (Post 9454749)
I was (foolishly) calling the 1-900 945 2220 line. I'll try the UK number instead.

Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Mailed: March 22
Received DC: March 23
Processing started: April 15
Shipped: June 23
Arrived (will arrive): June 24

It is now 10 working weeks to the day since processing started.

Tracking indcates it was 'ready to ship' on the 20th, but not picked up until the 23rd.

This was essentially a new application (renewing an old expired blue passport).

Good luck to those that are waiting.

lyonsden1193 Jun 24th 2011 5:32 pm

[QUOTE=mshedden;9454936]Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Tracking indcates it was 'ready to ship' on the 20th, but not picked up until the 23rd.

congrats!! Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset:):p:)

gbr2usa Jun 24th 2011 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by mshedden (Post 9454936)
Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Yeah.................great news:thumbsup:

LP9 Jun 24th 2011 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 (Post 9454956)
Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset:):p:)

Not all of them, I know a bloke named Sean who does my area that likes it.

Sue Jun 24th 2011 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by mshedden (Post 9454936)

Timeline:

Good news indeed.

I hope that you will stick around BE now that you've found us. That goes for all you new ladies and gents who initially stumbled across us whilst looking for passport info ;) :D

brax Jun 24th 2011 5:41 pm

Wife's renewal / kids' application timeline
Mailed May 2
Delivered May 3
Payment June 6
4 week point will be July 5, 6 week point is July 19

Travel booked for July 11 - Nine weeks - I had NO IDEA that I'd not left enough time.

Oldest Kid's US renewal timeline (expedited)
Dropped off June 14
Payment June 21
Arrived June 24

My child's US passport took ten days so that's about seven times faster than processing of UK passports in DC.

I would gladly have paid to courier the applications/passports to/from the UK if I had that option.

lyonsden1193 Jun 24th 2011 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by LP9 (Post 9454962)
Not all of them, I know a bloke named Sean who does my area that likes it.

I do hope he just delivers and doesn't 'do' the area. I would hate for him to show up on CNN as breaking news;)

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 9454965)
Good news indeed.

I hope that you will stick around BE now that you've found us. That goes for all you new ladies and gents who initially stumbled across us whilst looking for passport info ;) :D

couldn't agree more:)

Mummy in the foothills Jun 24th 2011 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 (Post 9454956)
congrats!! Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset:):p:)

:lol: But some of them are so darn hot looking

penguinbar Jun 24th 2011 6:39 pm

I broke down and decided to call Careline. Twice I got just static and then a recording saying that there is a very high call volume(what a surprise) and to try my call again later. I noticed that the website now says to allow 10 weeks for processing but it's been longer than that for us. I am truly disgusted by all of this!

Jerseygirl Jun 24th 2011 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 9454965)
Good news indeed.

Indeed...we have a lot more to offer fellow British Expats besides passport advice. :D