British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

gbr2usa Jun 24th 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Passport Delays

OMG......I just recevied an email from the Embassy.......my passport is being shipped tonight.............I can't beleive it...Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo, I think I am going to cry!

mshedden Jun 24th 2011 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by gbr2usa (Post 9455089)
OMG......I just recevied an email from the Embassy.......my passport is being shipped tonight.............I can't beleive it...Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo, I think I am going to cry!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

LP9 Jun 24th 2011 8:05 pm

Fantastic!

I wish I had good news, they still havent even taken payment from me yet. Grrrr.

lansbury Jun 24th 2011 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9455074)
Indeed...we have a lot more to offer fellow British Expats besides passport advice. :D

very true we haven't had a good discussion about bread, sausages and bacon for a long time. :rofl:

LP9 Jun 24th 2011 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 9455118)
very true we haven't had a good discussion about bread, sausages and bacon for a long time. :rofl:

I want a pork pie and a bucket of maltesers.

lyonsden1193 Jun 24th 2011 8:11 pm

congrats:thumbsup:

Now remember to be there for the UPS driver ... no sneeking off round the shops!!:)

gbr2usa Jun 24th 2011 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by LP9 (Post 9455107)
Fantastic!

I wish I had good news, they still havent even taken payment from me yet. Grrrr.

I don't know if it was a message that I sent to "Dean" or my letter I overnighted to the Consul in Washington.................you might want to try the same..........I wish you all the luck in the world and will keep my fingers crossed for you:fingerscrossed:

AmerLisa Jun 24th 2011 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 (Post 9454869)
You must be American...:):)

alt meaning
Procrastinate=late (passport=late)
Precipitation=wet (excuses from careline=wet)
Automobile=car (the only way your going vacation without a passport=car)

:):):D:D

three and four letter words probably abound about this situation!

:blink::ohmy::rofl::rofl:

AmerLisa Jun 24th 2011 8:50 pm

:thumbsup:

brax Jun 24th 2011 9:50 pm

We've been feeling that way about not having passports. Well done.

mshedden Jun 24th 2011 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by gbr2usa (Post 9454960)
Yeah.................great news:thumbsup:

It did arrive this afternoon, so good to go.

Gotta wonder though...UPS tracking said it was ready for pickup on Monday 6/20. We were in the same $%^#& building in DC getting my wife's ETD on the previous Thursday 6/16. Couldn't they just have given us the actual passports then??

Anyway, just glad the wait is over. :thumbsup:

renu5idhu Jun 25th 2011 1:03 am

Got my passport today!!! yippee!! I called careline on monday, then wed and then thursday... i was told yesterday it was printed and today i called back for a tracking number, luckily for me my sister works for UPS and she got it from the hub as it wouldnt of got to me in time otherwise! So my time line, sent May 4th, credit card charged june 9th , lots and lots of calls to careline, sent in my ticket, wedding card last wed, and passport is now at my sisters house. Im good to go. Thank you Dean if this was your help. I hope you all get your renewed passports soon.

LP9 Jun 25th 2011 1:05 am

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9455556)
Got my passport today!!! yippee!! I called careline on monday, then wed and then thursday... i was told yesterday it was printed and today i called back for a tracking number, luckily for me my sister works for UPS and she got it from the hub as it wouldnt of got to me in time otherwise! So my time line, sent May 4th, credit card charged june 9th , lots and lots of calls to careline, sent in my ticket, wedding card last wed, and passport is now at my sisters house. Im good to go. Thank you Dean if this was your help. I hope you all get your renewed passports soon.

Congrats.

Gah, so many passports, none of them mine....lol.

renu5idhu Jun 25th 2011 1:11 am

Originally Posted by LP9 (Post 9455559)
Congrats.

Gah, so many passports, none of them mine....lol.

I guess you just have to keep on hounding them, i got through fairly quick the last two times too.

And i got a status change on here too from new member to member!!

mshedden Jun 25th 2011 1:13 am

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9455562)
I guess you just have to keep on hounding them, i got through fairly quick the last two times too.

And i got a status change on here too from new member to member!!

and a star!