Wikiposts

Obamacare...

Old Nov 16th 2014, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obamacare...

See you and raise you
EU

More interesting is how long it can go on for.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
See you and raise you
EU

More interesting is how long it can go on for.
The EU wins hands down on that one with a current farm subsidy of about $58 billion per year compared to about $20 billion per year in the US.

Trees Get in Way of $58 Billion in EU Farm Subsidies - Bloomberg

The 2013 Farm Bill: Limiting Waste by Limiting Farm-Subsidy Budgets | Mercatus
Old Nov 16th 2014, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds pretty meaningless.

Pursuit of good health?
You said happiness.
But you know that...
Old Nov 16th 2014, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's how food works. I have posed the question several times but haven't yet had an explanation of how healthcare is more of a "right" than food.
W
T
F
?

The richest country in the world deliberately puts obstacles in the way of access to healthcare - turns it into a trough for every crook and charlatan to get their snouts into and skim money off ordinary people - absolutely disgusting that someone coming from a civilised country would defend the indefensible.

It doesn't even save any money, Mr Thatcherite.

Unsure? How can you be 'unsure' about it?
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Who is they? Pulaski?
Certainly not me. I have no interest in living in CA. Parts of it are my idea of hell.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 17th 2014 at 12:17 am.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:57 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Certainly not me. I have no.interest in living in CA. Parts of it are my idea of hell.
Parts of North Carolina
https://www.google.com/search?q=nort...%3B2288%3B1712
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Parts of North Carolina. .....
That's where I live.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
.... The richest country in the world deliberately puts obstacles in the way of access to healthcare .....
I do not believe that is a fair characterization of the situation, not even close.

As Hotscot said, I find it sickening that some, a small minority as maybe, just expect a free handout and won't give anything in return. I have no problem with helping those who are unable to contribute, but those who won't are a problem, including those who work cash-in-hand to stay under the radar. Again, I know they are a small minority, but those people are parasites on society.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 17th 2014 at 12:39 am.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
And of course it was much cheaper for the medical profession to treat a dying patient than it would have been if the cancer was caught earlier.

And I wonder who actually paid that bill. Was it
  1. The hospital?
  2. People with higher medical insurance premiums?
  3. The federal government?
  4. The state government?
  5. The local government?
  6. All of the above?
  7. None of the above?
The people I saw were under palliative/hospice care. Usually the hospital physician runs diagnostic tests and tells them the cancer is untreatable because it is. The hospital physician the writes a referral to hospice. Hospice care is far cheaper than hospital care. Our hospice is non profit and required to take care of a percentage of indigent patients for free. The same rules apply to any healthcare facility that is non profit.

The point of my earlier post is that I am tired of listening to arguments to cut certain people off from medical care when we are all well aware that many other first world nations can and do cover all residents of their nation far more cheaply
http://www.nhpco.org/press-room/pres...dicare-dollars

Instead we always have to have people behaving like crabs in a barrel demanding they are more worthy than others. The reason I feel this way is because I am well aware that if I was diagnosed with cancer I would lose my job and it would deplete my funds to pay for the care. I would then become one of those people some are talking about who are useless to the corporate machine. And in the eyes of some, better off dead.

Last edited by Mrs Danvers; Nov 17th 2014 at 12:49 am. Reason: Added link
Old Nov 17th 2014, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Non profit means they do not pay shareholders. I know people who work for non profits and do very nicely thank you.

NFL is a non profit.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 2:05 am
Account Closed

W
T
F
?

The richest country in the world deliberately puts obstacles in the way of access to healthcare - turns it into a trough for every crook and charlatan to get their snouts into and skim money off ordinary people - absolutely disgusting that someone coming from a civilised country would defend the indefensible.

It doesn't even save any money, Mr Thatcherite.

Unsure? How can you be 'unsure' about it?
Thatcher would burst a blood vessel.

Politicians have been paid to ensure a rigged 'market'.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Non profit means they do not pay shareholders. I know people who work for non profits and do very nicely thank you.

NFL is a non profit.
Another example of a rigged market:

The NFL should lose its tax-exempt status: The league is not a “nonprofit.”

NFL teams are not non-profit though.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 17th 2014 at 2:32 am.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:15 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't even save any money
I do find it odd that a country obsessed with low prices is so willing to get ripped off for healthcare.

Socialized healthcare is just a tool for grouping together healthcare buyers into a single buying pool in order to push down prices. It obviously works -- the individual buyer of modest means does not have the negotiation power of three hundred million customers.

High healthcare prices are the equivalent of a tax that drain resources from the rest of the economy. Yet conservatives seem to like it that way.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:17 am
Account Closed

Politicians like it that way.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Cause those high healthcare prices means money going to people they favour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.