Jesus Camp

Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:51 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesus Camp

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I have never tried to convert a person away from Christianity or any other religion. I have never badgered and annoyed anybody because of their religious beliefs. I wish I could say the opposite was true though.
But you do darling whenever someone disagrees with homosexuality for one.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:52 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I wonder if there is a TV station for Atheists? Much like the 700 Club in reverse.

Wouldn't the 007 club be for spies?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
So...God loves everyone, except homosexuals, non-believers and those of other faiths.

You can keep him.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:53 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by ironporer
So if I add some icecubes to my Scotch, the water will make it ok?
Ice cubes in scotch? That makes you a bloody heratic!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:55 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Sally
So...God loves everyone,

Yes
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:56 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm going to Hell, but I don't believe in Hell, would sticking my head in the Toaster suffice?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:57 pm
Not dead yet

If I'm going to Hell, but I don't believe in Hell, would sticking my head in the Toaster suffice?

As long as its for thick slices
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

As long as its for thick slices
I've got a blowtorch, I wonder if Walmart stock Brimstone?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:02 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
So...God loves everyone, except homosexuals, non-believers and those of other faiths.

You can keep him.
And those who lead good lives, perform good deeds and make the world a better place...unless right before the 7000lb weight falls on their head they scream "I accept Jesus Christ as my saviour and repent my sins".

Sorry- I am a father and I could not impose such rules on my children.
I do believe in God, and try to fillow Jesus' teachings- but I also believe the Bible and organized religion are full of crap. I am reminded of a George Carlin Quote:

Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.
He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!
-- George Carlin Politically Incorrect, May 29, 1997
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:03 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'd like for science to explain some stuff that is a little more pertinent to my life .... like why is it I can drink water all day and not have to wee yet I drink one glass of wine and I'm pissing rivers?

Explain that you scientific bastards.

Alchohol has diruetic priperties I believe. Water does not.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:04 pm
Not dead yet

I've got a blowtorch, I wonder if Walmart stock Brimstone?
Aisle 27 near the jabanero peppers
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:07 pm

Aisle 27 near the jabanero peppers
Maybe the Church should threaten Non believers with jobs as Wally World greeters, there may be a sudden influx of converts.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
Quote:

Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you.
He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!
-- George Carlin Politically Incorrect, May 29, 1997
saw george carlin in vegas a few yrs ago and he had us and the audience in stitches when he quoted the above ..so funny
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but I don't believe that is a true religious belief..... I think that is something that SOME churches have worked into their doctrine to cause fear and hatred. However, I really don't need for you (or anybody) to believe what I'm saying is true. Usually when I'm arguing about that particular subject - it is done tongue and cheek - because it's is such a deeply held fear that it cannot be changed from without - the change must come from within.

However, I know what I know to be true and I shouldn't have to keep my mouth shut because you feel that I am stepping on your religious rights. I hold human rights (of all humans - that includes the gay ones) in a much higher position than any religious rights.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:24 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellogs
Really, I am so tired of this argument which says that only Christianity as a belief system does this. ALL TRUTH, by the definition of truth, EXCLUDES NON TRUTH. For example, does a Muslim say that Jesus is the son of God or that this is not true and that THEIR belief that He is NOT the son of God is what's true? How can they be so unfair to Christianity?! Why do they think they have the right to say they belief Christianity to be wrong? I'll tell you why, because they DO. Just like an atheist has the right to say that Christianity is wrong and that THEIR belief that there is NO God is what's right. If truth does not exclude, then it is merely an opinion. 2+2 excludes the fact that this equals 5.
I think you have some kind of weird persecution complex. Based on how widespread the practice of Christainity is in the USA I must presume you don't live here. If this is the case I suggest you get yourself an applicable visa and move to somewhere like TX, MS, GA, AL, etc where you will be surrounded by people sharing similar beliefs

I believe God exists. If I say that I believe atheists are wrong in their belief that He does not, I have exercised my rights and have not taken the atheists right to believe other ways away from them. People like you however, would love to take away MY right to say that I believe something to be true and therefore anything contrary to it to be false. If I can't say that I believe anything to be wrong, I can't say I believe anything to true. Have I made my point?
'People like you' OK, this is a personal attack from you to me, someone you have never met. I don't give a rats arse about other peoples religious beliefs as long as they don't adversely effect me or my family. You are essentially suggesting I oppose democracy and freedom of speech. A ridiculous supposition. Freedom we have here mean you are within your right to say what you believe in, and I am within my rights to says its nonsense if I so wish. If I was stopping you in anyway from doing so, like banning you from this discussion forum (if I were a moderator), that would be another matter entirely

Can I ask you why, when you friend inquired simply as to who allah was, you attacked her? And secondly, I would love to know your reasons for stating his validity and it's equal measure to the Christian God heh but I won't even bother asking.
Er, at what point did I attack her? I explained, probably in a slightly patronising tone admittedly. More to do with her ignorance of the world around her than anything else.

I think you missed my point. I did not state that allah was valid or more valid, I stated he was just as valid. 1. Because I think both are nonsense 2. I wanted to point out to her that christainity is not the overwhelming religion of the world that she was labouring under the misconception of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.