Jesus Camp

Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:55 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesus Camp

Originally Posted by kellogs
Ignorance is bliss.
it appears so.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Angry White Pyjamas says that it's arrogant to say there is a God yet in the same post says: "God" does not and cannot exist. and then we have people on here talking about tolerance. It would be nice if a little of that could be applied to those who believe in God.
No. I said its arrogant to assume we are some kind of special case. I also said I dont care what someone else chooses to believe, what I object to is being told I cant be a good person if im not religious and that I must "See the light" or else.

If you choose to be deluded thats your perogative. I choose to look at the facts as are known and come to a decision based on balance of those facts and not on some mythology perpertuated by insitutions that are hypercritical and two faced. Should someone categorically prove one day that God does indeed exist then that is something I would be happy to accept. However, I'm yet to find the religious person that is prepared to accept evidence to the contrary.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
No. I said its arrogant to assume we are some kind of special case. I also said I dont care what someone else chooses to believe, what I object to is being told I cant be a good person if im not religious and that I must "See the light" or else.

If you choose to be deluded thats your perogative. I choose to look at the facts as are known and come to a decision based on balance of those facts and not on some mythology perpertuated by insitutions that are hypercritical and two faced. Should someone categorically prove one day that God does indeed exist then that is something I would be happy to accept. However, I'm yet to find the religious person that is prepared to accept evidence to the contrary.
You will burn in hell for that.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:08 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
prove it.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
prove it.
Florida is hell and I'm going to set his narrow ass on fire.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Angry White Pyjamas says that it's arrogant to say there is a God yet in the same post says: "God" does not and cannot exist. and then we have people on here talking about tolerance. It would be nice if a little of that could be applied to those who believe in God.
How old do you believe the universe to be?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Who's version though? After all every religion has its own version of hell so which is it to be? Or as an Atheist do I get a bit of all of them? Time-Share hells?

Which reminds me....

Bloke dies and goes to hell. Lucifer meets and greets and and says "Ok chap...its eternity for you....but we're not all bad so you can choose which hell you want to hang in for ever. I'll show you a selection of rooms and you pick which one."

"Ok" says the bloke, "Lead On"

So Lucifer takes him to the first room....opens the door and its all brimstone and fire and people burning and screaming. Bloke takes one look and says "Nah I'll pass this one..show me the next."

"Ok" says Lucifer and opens the next door. Inside this one theres people being flayed alive with their skin being turned inside out. "Shit." Says the bloke, "Dont fancy that much either....Got any more?"

"Alright." says the Devil, "Got this one..." and he opens a 3rd door.
Blokey looks inside and wrinkles his nose up. "Cor that stinks" He says. The floor is covered in three feet of shit but all the people are sat around drinking cups of tea and eating biscuits.

"Ok" he says, "thats not so bad..I'll take eternity in here."

Devil says "No problems in you go...OK lads tea breaks over...back on your heads".

I'll get me coat.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:19 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is what kellogs is saying is true, how many here read the bible regularly? I read it but not regularly, I'm a Christian but I don't quote the bible apart from the quotes in everyday life ie the quick and the dead etc. It would seem that everyone tries to force us not to believe but would object if we were to do them same to them. If anyone were to vilify homsexuals all hell would break loose but you all try to ridicule Christians how about a bit of that tolerance you all spout? Please don't group me in the same bracket as Jimmy Shaggit et al as I've said before the extremes are what shames us all.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

See Romans.
What have the Romans ever done for us?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Thydney
The thing is what kellogs is saying is true, how many here read the bible regularly? I read it but not regularly, I'm a Christian but I don't quote the bible apart from the quotes in everyday life ie the quick and the dead etc. It would seem that everyone tries to force us not to believe but would object if we were to do them same to them. If anyone were to vilify homsexuals all hell would break loose but you all try to ridicule Christians how about a bit of that tolerance you all spout? Please don't group me in the same bracket as Jimmy Shaggit et al as I've said before the extremes are what shames us all.
But Thydney...they do. Living here and not belonging to a Church is a mortal sin.

I dont force anyone to believe anything....I like to have theological debates.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Thydney]The thing is what kellogs is saying is true, QUOTE]

You believe it to be true. We do not believe it to be true.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:23 am
WTF?

I can honestly say that I have no problem with religion or belief systems of any kind for that matter. I judge people (Christian or otherwise) on their actions alone.

However, going to church or reading the Bible does not make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Who's forcing you not to believe?
Account Closed

I can honestly say that I have no problem with religion or belief systems of any kind for that matter. I judge people (Christian or otherwise) on their actions alone.

However, going to church or reading the Bible does not make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Vrooom? I know a doctor...can I be your gynacologist?
WTF?

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
What have the Romans ever done for us?
They gave us the Pope.

<I see your point>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.