Jesus Camp

Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:33 pm

atempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to allatempest is a name known to all
Default Re: Jesus Camp

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Is this a piss-take?

If it isn't then we have a problem

Very true about attendance at christian colleges, its sky-rocketing.

Along with nonsensical practices, here are two for example:

At a local baptist college (belmont) the 'in' thing right now is not 'no sex before marriage' its 'NO KISSING BEFORE MARRIAGE'

Another example is a couple of born again muppets I know.

They dated for years having a normal relationship (in my eyes) (i.e. shagging)

They broke up for a couple of years and during this time they both found the Jesus. Then then got back together again but decided not to have sex again before marrige (about 18 months total of dating and being engaged), these people did not kiss either.

WTF?

I'm not sure about there being an omnipotent being, and I'm pretty sure someone called Jesus was not his son or sent down here to save us.

I am however open to the idea of a bloke called Jesus who went round trying to get people to practice good values to each other.

So when people do things which I think are nutty, I ask myself - what would jesus think?

Would he think kissing before marriage is bad?

Would he thing that a union between two people of the same sex is bad?

Would he think that drinking and dancing at weddings (or in general) is bad? (the baptists for those who are flummoxed)
these poeple are serious....kinda scary isnt it!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:33 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I haven't tried to force you to do anything.

Yet
So it's a no in answer to my pm then?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'd like for science to explain some stuff that is a little more pertinent to my life .... like why is it I can drink water all day and not have to wee yet I drink one glass of wine and I'm pissing rivers?

Explain that you scientific bastards.
Well hon....its all to do with electrolytic balance...you see if you drink plenty of water and become hydrated then your body will happily regulate its self (most people spend their entire lives dehydrated...did you know that?). Alcohol (and coffee) are diuretics though and hence cause you to piss. Basically.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
So it's a no in answer to my pm then?
lol thinking about it
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:35 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Well hon....its all to do with electrolytic balance...you see if you drink plenty of water and become hydrated then your body will happily regulate its self (most people spend their entire lives dehydrated...did you know that?). Alcohol (and coffee) are diuretics though and hence cause you to piss. Basically.
....water, I knew there was something missing.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:37 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The same could be said of being an Atheist.
The thing is Gruff I myself don't ridicule other religions/beliefs as much as I don't believe they're right. All I ask is for the same in return.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:38 pm
Not dead yet

Don't forget aspartame
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:39 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

But water and Vodka look exactly alike.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
The thing is Gruff I myself don't ridicule other religions/beliefs as much as I don't believe they're right. All I ask is for the same in return.
Sorry mate special pleading on religious grounds is the cause of many problems in the UK today. Religious belief should not be a carte blanche.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:42 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Sally
Sorry mate special pleading on religious grounds is the cause of many problems in the UK today. Religious belief should not be a carte blanche.
I always was a miserable pleader
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:42 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

So if I add some icecubes to my Scotch, the water will make it ok?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I have never tried to convert a person away from Christianity or any other religion. I have never badgered and annoyed anybody because of their religious beliefs. I wish I could say the opposite was true though.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if there is a TV station for Atheists? Much like the 700 Club in reverse.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:45 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by ironporer
So if I add some icecubes to my Scotch, the water will make it ok?
Have a beer and wine chaser too - that will give you your vegetables and fruit.

Last edited by Leslie; Oct 9th 2006 at 8:06 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I have never tried to convert a person away from Christianity or any other religion. I have never badgered and annoyed anybody because of their religious beliefs. I wish I could say the opposite was true though.

Me either, but the jehovah witnesses keep coming to our door wanting to save us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.