Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I just love that 'get a life' line. It's always issued when said idiot has lost any ability to engage in intellectual debate about a subject.

What a twat.
I asked you to engage but your intellectual capacity was inferior ....are you even in the uk
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, but I really disagree. Look at the house prices for Bracknell compared to the town next door, Wokingham. The market doesn't agree with you regarding Bracknell as a nice place to live.

Again, look at house prices in Farnborough compared to Fleet. Huge difference. Same goes for the median household income. Fleet is one of the richest places in the UK.
All shit holes ...is that where you live? Explains why you're so miserable
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I bet that didn't actually happen outside your own head ...
Hey hobo. 14000 posts...that's 60 DAYS of your life on here...what a waste
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:39 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
That totally sidesteps my question and also misses the point
No it doesn't. De Niro *is* Italian, unlike the guido idiot who served us.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:42 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
All shit holes ...is that where you live? Explains why you're so miserable
lol, I think you mean to direct this at the other poster?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sportychico
I asked you to engage but your intellectual capacity was inferior ....are you even in the uk
Right now ? Yep. I'm on British soil.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

No it doesn't. De Niro *is* Italian, unlike the guido idiot who served us.
That's a non-sequitor.
My question was related to the "Italian"(?) bakery you extol
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:01 am
Banned

That's a non-sequitor.
My question was related to the "Italian"(?) bakery you extol
It was founded by Italian *immigrants* (understand that word? That means they were ACTUALLY Italian). How you get from Italian immigrants to a waiter whose Italian lineage is about as great as my Scottish (ie, none) is beyond me.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I think you mean to direct this at the other poster?
If he meant me, (and this was coming from someone who earlier called Leamington Spa posh ), no I'm not in the UK. I'm in Monterey, California. Care to give your expert opinion on there?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by markonline1
If he meant me, (and this was coming from someone who earlier called Leamington Spa posh ), no I'm not in the UK. I'm in Monterey, California. Care to give your expert opinion on there?
Monterey? My only opinion on that place is that it is one of the most beautiful places in America.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Monterey? My only opinion on that place is that it is one of the most beautiful places in America.
My post wasn't directed at you, I was hoping to get the opinion of Alan Wicker on here, but I agree, it's certainly a beautiful place. It's certainly worth putting up with the foggy summers here
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

It was founded by Italian *immigrants* (understand that word? That means they were ACTUALLY Italian). How you get from Italian immigrants to a waiter whose Italian lineage is about as great as my Scottish (ie, none) is beyond me.
and the point is:
Did you ever subject the family members now running that establishment to the same kind of scrutiny in order to determine whether they self-identify as Italians?
And frankly - I assume you did not (nor should you) since it's really none of (y)our business. Divulging it, or not, is up to the individual.
But hungryhorace - (unlike Scotland and most, if not all other countries) the US, as has already been pointed out in a prior post ( with the exception of Native Americans), is composed entirely of, to quote you: *immigrants* and their subsequent generations. (btw:what's the significance of your asterisks? There's a bold key, if that's what the * is meant to express).
Whether or not one chooses to self-identify as Italian, Greek, Korean etc ........well, that's entirely up to each individual.
If, and when, one does so - they're not referring to citizenship , something which may be awarded or denied, or which might be their birthright .....but something far deeper...a sense of identification or pride or "who-I-am ness", which no individual has the right to deny to another.
Who one feels him/herself to be belongs to that individual - and that's also true for gender, sexual identification, religious identification.
Why try to deny another human being what they feel to be their identity?

Last edited by MMcD; Feb 11th 2014 at 11:59 am.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:03 pm
Banned

and the point is:
Did you ever subject the family members now running that establishment to the same kind of scrutiny in order to determine whether they self-identify as Italians?
They've never taken time out of their working day to expressly tell me how proud they are to be an Italian.

...unlike the guido, who turns out was an American.

If, and when, one does so - they're not referring to citizenship , something which may be awarded or denied, or which might be their birthright .....but something far deeper...a sense of identification or pride or "who-I-am ness", which no individual has the right to deny to another.
Whatever. It's bullshit.

Last edited by hungryhorace; Feb 11th 2014 at 12:10 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

They've never taken time out of their working day to expressly tell me how proud they are to be an Italian.

...unlike the guido, who turns out was an American.
this is becoming utterly puerile........
yes an American citizen......a legal definition
it does not preclude him from being Italian if that's what he feels himself to be thru his heritage and upbringing.

ps: I just googled what turns out to be a totally offensive term, which you've now used numerous times - I had not idea you were slinging perjoratives about.
Enough

Last edited by MMcD; Feb 11th 2014 at 12:18 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:20 pm
Banned

this is becoming utterly puerile........
yes an American citizen......a legal definition
it does not preclude him from being Italian if that's what he feels himself to be thru his heritage and upbringing.

ps: I just googled what turns out to be a totally offensive term, which you've now used numerous times - I had not idea you were slinging perjoratives about.
Enough
Get over it. Ever watched Jersey Shore? It's a badge of honour apparently!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.