Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:14 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I had a waiter the other week who said to us he was Italian. So I asked him how much renewing his Italian passport cost, as I commented by UK one is extortionate to renew from the US. Turns out he isn't either an Italian citizen nor has he ever visited Italy.

Yet he feels able to call himself Italian. I informed him he was American, and if he was Italian to get the citizenship. What a berk.
I bet that didn't actually happen outside your own head ...
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But you're barely any more "East European" than all those Italians in New York are "Italian".
I'm a Yank. None of us are from around here, 'cept the Indians... I mean, Native people. The truth of the matter is in my signature line.

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I had a waiter the other week who said to us he was Italian. So I asked him how much renewing his Italian passport cost, as I commented by UK one is extortionate to renew from the US. Turns out he isn't either an Italian citizen nor has he ever visited Italy.

Yet he feels able to call himself Italian. I informed him he was American, and if he was Italian to get the citizenship. What a berk.
I bet he was thrilled you came in, what with that conversation, along with the tip you will have left.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:16 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I bet that didn't actually happen outside your own head ...
You can ask the people I was at dinner with for all I care. I called him out on it. I get sick of people calling themselves Irish, or Italian, when they've never even visited the damn country, let alone hold the passport.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:16 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I bet he was thrilled you came in, what with that conversation, along with the tip you will have left.
It was a corporate function, so I didn't pay nor leave a tip. He was just an idiot guido.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:17 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You can ask the people I was at dinner with for all I care. I called him out on it. I get sick of people calling themselves Irish, or Italian, when they've never even visited the damn country, let alone hold the passport.
I agree with the sentiment but I don't believe for a minute you actually did it.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:19 am
Banned

I agree with the sentiment but I don't believe for a minute you actually did it.
You don't know me :-)
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you on that one.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:21 am
I have a comma problem

I wouldn't be allowed to. I don't earn enough.

I'm with you on that one.
The reasoning is sound - I just think it was made-up-time on the event
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know you, but I know you well enough to know you'd do it. But perhaps it's because under the right circumstances I'd do the same thing myself.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:22 am
Banned

I wouldn't be allowed to. I don't earn enough.
You probably wouldn't to talk to me in real life anyway
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:22 am
Banned

I don't know you, but I know you well enough to know you'd do it. But perhaps it's because under the right circumstances I'd do the same thing myself.
Exactly! My poor wife has had to suffer my vocal diatribes in public this last year, though I have mellowed according to her!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:23 am
I have a comma problem

You probably wouldn't to talk to me in real life anyway
I'm talking to you now, aren't I? Isn't this real life? Unless you're saying you really aren't how you present yourself on the forum.

Get out of that ...
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:26 am
Banned

I'm talking to you now, aren't I? Isn't this real life? Unless you're saying you really aren't how you present yourself on the forum.

Get out of that ...
I'm exactly like I am on the forum in real life. I can be a bit more charming in person though!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:28 am
I have a comma problem

I'm exactly like I am on the forum in real life. I can be a bit more charming in person though!
Even if you did do it - it was a bit of a waste of time. It's not like he was going to say "that loud guy in the restaurant today doesn't like this, so I'll stop"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.