Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:01 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Manc
I seen that. the thing is, it will soon be EU v USA. economically at least, and the rest of Europe will pull the UK into line and no mistake.
Only one bite at the moment - a Brit in Texas who has gone septic.

Should have added about Condi's biggest security failure whilst she was in office.

Just like footie management being in the Bush admin.
**** up your job and get promoted upstairs.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Only one bite at the moment - a Brit in Texas who has gone septic.

Should have added about Condi's biggest security failure whilst she was in office.

Just like footie management being in the Bush admin.
**** up your job and get promoted upstairs.
funny, I just posted on the hyohen site about Condi.
will cut and paste.

Originally Posted by mrbungle2103
So who's gonna do HER job then?!
Someone competant hopefully.

after the past 2 years, if anyone else had a record at work like hers as national security advisor they'd have been fired.

Condi
"We've caught 75% of the al Qaeda leadership"
Wolf Blitzer
"75% of what? what total are we talking here"
Condi
"We don't know it could be hundreds or thousands"

for someone very well educated, she's a complete ****wit.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:20 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
funny, I just posted on the hyohen site about Condi.
will cut and paste.

Someone competant hopefully.

after the past 2 years, if anyone else had a record at work like hers as national security advisor they'd have been fired.
I don't get it with the two securities.
Dept of Homeland Security.
National Security Advisor.

I know that the country is paranoid about being attacked* but what's the point of two of them ?
I know, I know... beurocrasy, goverment...it's always been that way.

(*They should have spent twenty years living in Blighty before the IRA ceasefire, nobody would be batting an eyelid.)
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

(*They should have spent twenty years living in Blighty before the IRA ceasefire, nobody would be batting an eyelid.)
That's what I say, terrorism didn't begin in September 3 years ago.
We've all lived with it for donkeys.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:27 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn’t worry too much about TWAT'N'TEX...the guy is absolutely thick as shit and you wont get a sensible argument from him. Back him into a corner with some fairly average comments and he'll start hurling expletives and general playground BS. I ripped him a new asshole in a thread, when I theorized that southerners think Jesus looks like a guy from Scandinavia a while back. Boy I'd love to see him disapear from here...
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by tony_2003
I wouldn’t worry too much about TWAT'N'TEX...the guy is absolutely thick as shit and you wont get a sensible argument from him. Back him into a corner with some fairly average comments and he'll start hurling expletives and general playground BS. I ripped him a new asshole in a thread, when I theorized that southerners think Jesus looks like a guy from Scandinavia a while back. Boy I'd love to see him disapear from here...
I'm wating to see if there will be a couple more posts on that thread then I'll throw in some more bait. Don't want it just to be against him (thanks for the heads up) Trying to entice a few more facists and then I'll play with all of them.
If it doesn't work then I'll find another approach.
(Yes I'm feeling like an arguement today. Is this the right room ?)
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:38 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

This was just what I was looking for in the Cry havoc and let slip the trolls of war thread. Up and at 'em
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Tone
This was just what I was looking for in the Cry havoc and let slip the trolls of war thread. Up and at 'em
I don't frequent the Outside section all that much. The BFT is our safe haven, (people think we talk about football in here ) You'll have to tip the nod when something is afoot and we'll join the dance.

Yes I talk like this all the time.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeshell
Apparantly...'moved upstairs'.....hopefully into a very tall tower where someone will shove him out the window.... Jist is, he won't be the manager any more.
Aye, should be interesting, maybe he can clean the chairmans box etc *l*
Shite as a manager, so should be interesting, haven't heard of the caretaker guy though...
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:44 pm

He shoots. He scores. (Reply on the other thread)
Originally Posted by DaveC
I think that you "arnie" quite correct in your analogy with the Reich, seeing as Austrian immigrants are currently ineligible to become fuhrer, oops I mean president. Constitutional amendment anyone?
Nice one Dave.
As mentioned I can't do the Karma until I've been with others, but if I was a street walker I'd have you down for a month of freebies.

ANYhoots....better get back to the fitba:

Last weekends Prediction League results:
(matches chosen by DaveC - theme: the A team)

Tottenham 4 - Arsenal 5
Bolton 1 - Aston Villa 2
Aberdeen 2 - Dunfermline 1
Ballymena 2 - Ards 2
Bangor v Aberystwyth
(was postponed due to Welsh Cup, so I've given it a 0-0)
Carmarthen 3 - Airbus 0
Auxerre 1 - Ajaccio 0
Salzburg 1 - Austria 1
GAK 0 - Admira 0
NAC 0 - Alkmaar 3

Other results affecting the teams that we follow:

Kilmarnock and Hearts chess game is drawn.
De Viers is looking to increase his wages or he'll be ******* off to England to play when the transfer window opens.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/4017709.stm
(In actuallity he hasn't said this - his agent has. These bloodsuckers have only one thing in mind - their commission and how much money they can get for their talent.)

Abers see off the Dunferms.
But their manager says "We were lucky"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...en/4001153.stm

Liverpool struggle to beat Palace. City draw with Blackburn, who only scrape a point because of a penalty taken by... Dickov.
Both goalkeepers fall asleep in the Spurs v Arse game. Nine goals. Am arranging a seance to see if we can summon the dear departed Mattbutt for a birds eye view.

Oxford as you were, but things looking up with Rix's "promotion" upstairs.
Kassam has got the phone book out looking for a replacement:
"P....Palmer....Carl..."

Meanwhile the Stockport players have issued a statement after last Saturday's confusing result:
Quote: "We don't know what happened. The sun rose in the west this morning and...."

FA Cup first round was last Saturday and I have the unfortunate duty to inform everyone that H*r*ford won.
Cue the video clip.
Roll out Ronnie ******* Radford.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:53 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

FA Cup first round was last Saturday and I have the unfortunate duty to inform everyone that H*r*ford won.
Cue the video clip.
Roll out Ronnie ******* Radford.
Don't forget about Ricky George like....
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:18 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Kilmarnock and Hearts chess game is drawn.
De Viers is looking to increase his wages or he'll be ******* off to England to play when the transfer window opens.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/4017709.stm
(In actuallity he hasn't said this - his agent has. These bloodsuckers have only one thing in mind - their commission and how much money they can get for their talent.)
I would normally say any player who would stay just for a bumper pay rise should **** off...however he is such a prolific (dipping into my ron manager vocabulary now) goalscorer that I think we should be trying to keep him at all cost. I think we have a chance with the foreign guy (cant remember...ends in kov I think) wanting to throw money into the playing side of things.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:44 pm
Get em out by Friday

Here's something you might enjoy Dave.
The Dedicated Follower of Rangers
http://www.diamond-geezer.pwp.blueyo...edFollower.mp3
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:02 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Here's something you might enjoy Dave.
Class, thanks for that mate!

I particularly liked the line "He'd probably be a champ if being a fanny was a sport".

Wish me luck for tomorrow afternoon chaps, I have an interview for a job at an engineering firm. First ever American job interview....:scared:
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:20 am

Top image edit by Gideon on the Condi Reich thread.
I gave him some karma and I think many others did too.
He's just joined the forums. I predict many great things for this padawan.

Forgot the Brit Expat Prediction League table:

Still topping the table but only gaining three points from last week is adeshell on 109.
Catching him up already is:
Asocceration Footy and Scrumps both on on 91.

Midtable obscures for:
10th - ScousePete
11th DaveC
12th - Nelkna
all on 72.

Bring up the rear is mattbutt in 19th and on 49 points is pulling away from MisBish at the bottom on 42.
(CitySimon is heading for deletion.)

This coming Saturday's are a selection from the usual suspects.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.