Just Joined

scan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Roightmush
Personal reasons being he's Crap

and French
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:55 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Dibnah has left us:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/3988667.stm
" TV steeplejack Fred Dibnah dies in a hospice in Greater Manchester after a long battle against cancer."

One that only us North West blokes will know about.
He's one of those local personalities.
Daft as a brush and the phrase down to earth was invented for him.

I think that oiley cloth cap of his should be put into an engineering museum.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 7:16 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Well 4-0 at Southend....? Close the door on the way out Rixey....
Old Nov 6th 2004, 7:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeshell
Well 4-0 at Southend....? Close the door on the way out Rixey....
******' hell...just saw that...just a bit of a collapse....the fiddler has to go now...we're running out of places to drop *l*
Old Nov 6th 2004, 7:26 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
******' hell...just saw that...just a bit of a collapse....the fiddler has to go now...we're running out of places to drop *l*
Yep, before we tie up our place in the Conference for next season....

Notice Alan Judge was in goal today? Thought he'd be pulling his pension by now. Maybe the rest of the '86 Milk Cup team would be in order...?

Last edited by adeshell; Nov 6th 2004 at 7:29 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 9:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeshell
Notice Alan Judge was in goal today? Thought he'd be pulling his pension by now. Maybe the rest of the '86 Milk Cup team would be in order...?
I noticed that, but wasn't sure if that was the same guy, he's gotta be in his late 40's at the very least by now...
bit of a joke that...I thought they had enough of a proper squad....hmmm...so hopeful to with a 0-0 half time score...oh well...
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Another superb day of U-10 football. Nice warm Fall day & a 1-0 win. One game to go and we have the best overall record in the league. Not that the girls care if they win or not, yeah right !

Memsahib & I are signed up to do one of the all star teams, and today the girls played a couple of boys teams in scrimmages, the boys ended up cutting up a bit rough with the girls as they struggled to compete with them. Lovely quote from one of my players, "Coach, if they kick us are we allowed to kick them in the nuts ? " Got to love the enthusiasm !
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

speaking of school footie, the school the MIL teaches at, they made the state finals for the first time in donkey of years, and there playing sometime next week I think, either way, they have the sat test hours before the game, but as the game is being held about 2.5 hrs away from both sides, there going up the night before, and then gonna do the tests up there, somehow they were allowed to rearrange the tests, which was nice
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:30 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Kee-rist, the BFt was about to fall off page 1.

Dons 0 Tarts 1

I think the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell".
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:56 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Kee-rist, the BFt was about to fall off page 1.

Dons 0 Tarts 1

I think the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell".
Reading the report it sounded like a pretty naf game.
I'll take the 3 points though.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 8:57 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

In keeping with the current headlines:

Number 1 in a series of 1:

(Sorry I misheard you -

I thought he asked for the Gazza strip.)

Last edited by Webbie; Nov 8th 2004 at 8:59 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:07 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Emlyn Hughes dies.. He'll be greatly missed

Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Box
Emlyn Hughes dies.. He'll be greatly missed

That's awful. RIP Emlyn.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
That's awful. RIP Emlyn.
I feel that I've just been punched in the throat.

Last week I found out my best friend from childhood had died.
He was a year younger than me.

Now Emlyn.

Last March it was my Mother and in May it was my Dad - who went to school with Emlyn.
Always watched him on the telly.
Dad used to tell me about the big head Em who was always the center of attention at school.
He was the best at every sport and he knew he had talent.
He ignored his hometown and friends after he left, but was never forgotten.

What is going on ?

This has been a very bad year for me.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
That's awful. RIP Emlyn.
I feel that I've just been punched in the throat.

Last week I found out my best friend from childhood had died.
He was a year younger than me.

Now Emlyn.

Last March it was my Mother and in May it was my Dad - who went to school with Emlyn.
Always watched him on the telly.
Dad used to tell me about the big head Em who was always the center of attention at school.
He was the best at every sport and he knew he had talent.
He ignored his hometown and friends after he left, but was never forgotten.

What is going on ?

This has been a very bad year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.