Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:47 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Manc
[IMG]
two brand spanking new County shirts.
Very nice. My wife stopped wearing Aberdeen tops the minute I got that ring on her finger. The future is below: How is your missus keeping these days?
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-afc-baby-1-small-web-view.jpg  
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Very nice. My wife stopped wearing Aberdeen tops the minute I got that ring on her finger. The future is below: How is your missus keeping these days?
she's fine, I don't think she's forgiven me for taking her to Edgeley Park last april though.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
The future is below:
Sweet.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:59 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

MisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to all

Hey! I didn't mind going to watch Stockport and hell they won.
I believe that was the very last game they have one right, Manc?

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 7:07 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone hear about this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...me/3957519.stm

Surprised Dundee aint chasing them.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:58 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Anyone hear about this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...me/3957519.stm

Surprised Dundee aint chasing them.

Im calling Jim Duffy as we speak - bollocks, the line is busy - he's probably trying to get Albet Kidd back
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 1:00 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow's Sun
*Kat Slater has had her child. A 7lbs 14oz daughter called Tallulah Lilac
*I lied: Stan Collymore signs a confession to the Sun. The confession (long) reads: I confess I am a lying scumbag who beats up women, hangs around laybys for seedy sex with strangers and makes up stories to gain publicity for my book. When I am not dogging, I am starting fights in bars - be it with Ulrika or rugby players. I started the brawl in Dublin. I bragged about my sexual exploits with Kirsty Gallacher. I threw the first punch but now, in the cold light of day, I realise what a stupid thing it was to do. Zara Phillips was nowhere near the fight. I invented that to get more publicity for my book. Lastly, I would like to apologise for wasting my footballing career.
*And the confession - a false one that a Sun reporter, posing as a fan, got Stan to sign

*Charlotte Church has bought a bunch of thongs with "Kyle" embroidered on them
*Jane Moore: Twunt
*Paul McCartney joins Band Aid III. Chris Martin will play piano, Danny Goffey drums, Fran Healy heading the guitar section. Robbie Williams has recorded the entire song and producers will pick his line later. Dido will do likewise.
*Skeletor says her and Derek want to move to LA once he retires from football
*The Undertones to headline at Glasto's John Peel stage next year
*Kylie adds extra dates to tour
*The Redknapps have foiled a blackmail plot - the ransom was demanded over "intimate" pictures Jamie took of Louise on his mobile phone
*Centre spread: Nancy Dell'Olio's fashion disasters
*George and Lynne: Lynne, fully clothed, gossips with her beautician

---------------------------------------

Red Sox won. Redskins lost. Go Kerry !

Last edited by Webbie; Nov 3rd 2004 at 2:52 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
she's fine, I don't think she's forgiven me for taking her to Edgeley Park last april though.
Now why ? Stockport in April rivals anything Paris can offer !

The gentle sound of the birds coughing up a lungful of pollution, and the albeit bracing English air !

Wondering what the Memsahib will make of Weymouth in December. She does not really understand why we need to go get a few beers and of course a bag of chips before a game.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:38 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
She does not really understand why we need to go get a few beers and of course a bag of chips before a game.
No pie ?
I supposed that's a Northern thing - the meat and 'tater pies.

Runcorn v Barrow in 198- Some pointless midweek non-league cup match.
About 5 Barrow fans standing on the terrace. No roof. Pissed it down with rain the whole 90 mins. At half time we grabbed the pies and hotter than hell tea in polystyrene cups that you couldn't hold because they were so hot and tasted like dishwater when you drinked it.

The match was dull and they played for a draw. Near the end of the game the snack bar gave us the pies they had left over. Stuffed ourselves, got piss wet through. Went to the reply a week later which we lost.

Jumpers for goalposts regards.

(Back later with the Footie Prediction)
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I never did understand how anyone could fancy a PUKKA pie when we saw them on sale. They looked & sounded disgusting.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:00 am

Tomorrow's Sun
*Will Young's flat in Notting Hill has been burgled. Thieves stole private pictures of him in drag, 12 designer suits, and a laptop with his new songs on it.
*Julia Roberts is furious that CZJ has got higher billing on the forthcoming Ocean's 12. (Has bigger tits too.)
*June Brown - Dot in EastEnders - gave Jessie Wallace tips on childbirth. ( Told her to smoke Silk Cut whilst pushing the baby out.)
Wallace did not attend ante-natal classes. (Went through the wrong door and did 3 weeks of Al-Anon before she noticed)
*Dreamworks to make a Transformers movie.
*Channel 4 are asking a viewer to donate their dead body to a show, called Dust to Dust, which will show the body decomposing - as an educational show to illustrate the process. (Patent Attorney has been volunteered by Brit Expats forum members)
*Ally Ross: Prick
*The new IACGMOOH line-up is debated. Definitely signed are Paul Burrell, Joe Pasquale, Sheila Ferguson, Sophie Anderton, and Brian Harvey.
*Ashley Cole has wasted no time in romance, moving in with Cheryl Tweedy (mattbutt annoyed because he had his eye on that minger)
*Kate Moss has offered to sing backing vocals on Band Aid III (Everybody laughed until their cocks fell off)
*Tracy Shaw has revealed she is expecting a baby boy
*Justin Hawkins said he was bullied at school, pupils would stick pins in him
*George and Lynne: Lynne in a jacuzzi (fight) with topless friend.

(I've added extra comment to the above.)

Weekend Footie Results concerning the team all of us keep an eye on:
Hearts lose their manager and win. Aberdeen, Stockie, H & W, Oxford, Barrow keep their managers and lose.
Liverpool won, southern softies didn't. (Nasty pic of broken leg posted a few pages back.)

British Expats Football Prediction League:
adeshell taking Ohio and is shooting into the lead with 92 Points. He would love it, love it if anybody got the extra points and beat him at the end of the season.
Three tied in the polls behind him on 78 points - Doc Scrumpy, jmbox and Manc

Pregnant chads (aka midtable obscurity) for:
10th Nelkna - 63 pts
11th coyleos - 60 pts
12th DaveC - 60
13th ScousePete - 59.

This week's Stockport County is ironically enough - Misbish
(Missie - got to stop taking advice about footie from hubby. He's geting his tips from Sammy Mac)

Ey you there matt with the butt - don't you go off deserting us.
Give us the view from that side of the pond.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:48 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Tomorrow's Sun
*Justin Hawkins said he was bullied at school, pupils would stick pins in him.
So he's been anoying people for some time then...
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:50 am
Get em out by Friday

Originally Posted by scotch03
Im calling Jim Duffy as we speak - bollocks, the line is busy - he's probably trying to get Albet Kidd back
I doubt they'd play in the first division mate..

Almost forgot...3-0!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Webbie
Tomorrow's Sun
[i]*Will Young's flat in Notting Hill has been burgled. Thieves stole private pictures of him in drag, 12 designer suits, and a laptop with his new songs on it.
Anything for a free bit of publicity eh !

Serious point though.. Radio 4 ( so it must be true ) were saying a couple of weeks back that the most popular football club in China is ... Stockport County !

Please refrain from comments about it must be all the 3 points visiting teams take away etc.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy

Serious point though.. Radio 4 ( so it must be true ) were saying a couple of weeks back that the most popular football club in China is ... Stockport County !
Keep on forgetting to mention - when I was back in Liverpool last May for my Dad's funeral Granada were showing a documentary about Stockport touring China. Only caught about 5 mins but it looked interesting.
I'm sure Manc knows more about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.