Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anything good about living in the USA??

Anything good about living in the USA??

Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything good about living in the USA??

Originally Posted by Elvira
Been here 4.5 years and still don't know a single person who I could tell to get lost/bugger off/get a life/***** off etc.
You should spend a week here ... I say that to somebody every other day ..
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:36 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Been here 4.5 years and still don't know a single person who I could tell to get lost/bugger off/get a life/***** off etc.
I found that once the kids got interested in football over here and joined AYSO, I was bumping into the occasional other Expat !

It's a bit drastic jsut to find someone you can tell to bugger off, but who knows.... !
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:36 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Yeah - but they don't appreciate it the way another Brit would.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:43 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fitz750
I don't think Houston is any worse than any other American city. After all they have exactly the same shops, restaurant chains everywhere.

It's all very bland.
Whenever I go to any other American city, I generally leave thinking, "Hmmm, be kinda nice to live here rather than Houston"...the only exception that springs immediately to mind is Memphis......if we were on our own we'd move like a shot, but we moved here to be near family, and thats holding us here for now at least.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
the only exception that springs immediately to mind is Memphis......if we were on our own we'd move like a shot,
I'm with you on that one.... I got lost there one day and even the police officer I stopped and asked directions from said "you are in the wrong part of town to be lost pal" - that was enough - we were outta there pretty damn quick !
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:50 pm

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I'm with you on that one.... I got lost there one day and even the police officer I stopped and asked directions from said "you are in the wrong part of town to be lost pal" - that was enough - we were outta there pretty damn quick !
Which part of town was it "Graceland" ?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Fitz750
Which part of town was it "Graceland" ?
Nope - it was in S.Memphis - and I have no ideas how we ended up there - it was our 1st trip and we were very very lost.......

Since then I've had to go back a number of times for the USCIS office so I know where to stay asd where not to go now.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by izibear
Americans are known worldwide as being the most hospitable/friendly race on earth.

lol pls don't make me laugh that statement has to be said from people that don't know them...they are some of the rudest loudest mouthed people I've ever met and I've met loads esp when I was a trolley dolly aka cart tart aka lol..hey thanks for making me laugh
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just surprised it took till the 74th post before it came out

hmm you seem very nice and understanding, I think not, maybe that's what becomes of living in the country sorry Katy..lol that's the kind of mentality I think that breeds out there....lol Merry Christmas to you
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:44 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hmm you seem very nice and understanding, I think not,
Think you may have misread me - I wasn't agreeing with the post/sentiment. I was expressing surprise that no-one had come out with it earlier, because it generally gets thrown out very early on in these sort of threads by people that think that because you have moved to a different country you have no right to express any form of disatisfaction with your new home....
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Think you may have misread me - I wasn't agreeing with the post/sentiment. I was expressing surprise that no-one had come out with it earlier, because it generally gets thrown out very early on in these sort of threads by people that think that because you have moved to a different country you have no right to express any form of disatisfaction with your new home....

Maybe she isn't really a True Brit?

I thought we all had built-in BS detectors
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

hmmm. I don’t remember saying that Trubrit 'had no right to express herself' in anyform she so desires. I merely was expressing myself on the topic (allowed I think) and offering up a solution to her dilemma. I do however think you need not to jump to conclusions and make such rash assumptions of people that disagree with you. Anyway that being said, happy holidays.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:08 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Still banned from Winn Dixie Ray?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by MrDub
hmmm. I don’t remember saying that Trubrit 'had no right to express herself' in anyform she so desires. I merely was expressing myself on the topic (allowed I think) and offering up a solution to her dilemma. I do however think you need not to jump to conclusions and make such rash assumptions of people that disagree with you. Anyway that being said, happy holidays.
Hmm - that was the tone of voice in my head when I read the message - if I misread it (seems theres a lot of that going on) then I apologise.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I hope the missus isn't one of those people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.