VWP to AOS

Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
Hi Jeff,

Yes I applied initially in the same mailing package, however we both received RFE's at different times, I received my interview notice on December 27th 2013

I just checked my case status online and the interview notice is still showing as said date, however i also have an update dated 01/07/2013 stating "notice requesting initial evidence" i'm my interview is only a few days away, I will ring the misinformation line to see if they can shed more light on the situation, any suggestions of what it may mean?
Don't bother calling. The online updates are not highly reliable. If you have an interview date set, then just show up for the interview as scheduled.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

And bring your son with you.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't bother calling. The online updates are not highly reliable. If you have an interview date set, then just show up for the interview as scheduled.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point

Rene
Thank you Rene, much appreciated!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
And bring your son with you.

Regards, JEff
I'm so glad that you said this because i was intending on taking him to school, we will take him with us now, thank you Jeff
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad that you said this because i was intending on taking him to school, we will take him with us now...
I agree with JEff, take him with you. You may be able to kill two birds with one stone, as they say... but at worst, it won't do any harm at all.

Ian
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I agree with JEff, take him with you. You may be able to kill two birds with one stone, as they say... but at worst, it won't do any harm at all.

Ian
I'll do that thank you Ian
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Snowdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck on your interview..

Checking on my online status, I am at the interview stage but have not received a date yet.

But I wondered, when you have your interview, do you go in with your partner/husband/wife? Or do you have to attend the actual interview alone?

xx
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcrystal

Checking on my online status, I am at the interview stage but have not received a date yet.

But I wondered, when you have your interview, do you go in with your partner/husband/wife? Or do you have to attend the actual interview alone?

xx
All AOS interviews, if based on marriage to a USC, require both the USC and foreign spouse to be present in person at the interview.

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowcrystal

xx
Thank you snow crystal, good luck on your interview too!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

All AOS interviews, if based on marriage to a USC, require both the USC and foreign spouse to be present in person at the interview.

Rene
Thank you Rene!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:07 am
Just Joined

lucky1313 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I was wondering if you have any update for us on this yet? I am just starting the same process as you have been through. ( Minus children )

Hope it all worked out for you!!!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lucky1313
Hiya,

I was wondering if you have any update for us on this yet? I am just starting the same process as you have been through. ( Minus children )

Hope it all worked out for you!!!
Thank you Lucky, It all worked out fine thankfully, good luck with your application too!!!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All

Thankfully my interview went well, I am now a permanent residence, My passport was stamped and I am awaiting my green card in the post. The immigration officer stamped my passport at the end of the interview so that i could show it to my health care providers and kick start my health care plan, I am seven months pregnant.

I took my son with us and his ID, but the IO explained that she had no file for him so she would not need to see any of it.
I was advised to speak to a congressmen in relation to my sons PR also, I am emailing him to ask for support in contacting the immigration directly and asking them to hasten the process for him, so that he may also be added to our health plan, also I was advised to re-apply for an employment authorization on his behalf as she couldnt see anything in the system and then to apply for his Social Security number after that.

There were several couples in the waiting room also interviewing after adjusting from a VWP, and we were all interviewed separately from your usc spouses, but with the same officer.

My husband and I were asked similar questions, initially we were asked questions relating to our house, how many windows in the master bedroom, how many bathrooms the house had? Color of walls etc
Then questions regarding our relationship, when we met? Our first date? Date of marriage etc
For any bona fide marriage the questions were easy, so we obviously had the same answers

Lastly questions pertaining to our finance, where i worked? Where my husband worked? My sons schools name? The mortgage company we used and the monthly mortgage payments

The IO was very assertive, friendly and fair, I took three files of evidence, including joint bank statements, our house title, insurance title, car titles, photographs highlighting out entire relationship, my resignation letter and the replies from the company, my bank statements showing bills being paid during up until the days after the application was submitted, the six months that my husband and I continued to pay my obligated rent, my car insurance up until i sold it online, utility bills, letters to and from my sons school etc
The IO didnt ask to see any, but i insisted she filed all our joint titles and one utility bill.
I found the time wait for the interview nerve racking and a huge headache, the uncertainty was debilitating at times, specially being pregnant for most of it and having a young son to help adjust too (uncertainly) the home buying process without having PR was very risky and made it uncomfortable in regards to whether it would be our official first home or just a stop gap. No health insurance for my son because of the SS mix up did not help matters, that being said the pain and suffering is thankfully over now,

THANK you to all of the Admin and Moderators in the group that answered my questions, You truly are an amazing group of knowledgable professionals, many thanks

P.S The IO officer did mention that my surname being "mohamed" can sometimes be an obstacle in immigration matters, and sometimes warranted extra security measures etc Its unfortunate but what can you do hey! I kind of gathered this as I have been "randomly selected" for extra security checks at airports many a time, and thus always leave extra extra time for airport security
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully my interview went well, I am now a permanent residence...
Excellent, congratulations!

Ian
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Thankfully my interview went well, I am now a permanent residence,
Bummer. The files probably got separated as a result of the two separate RFEs.
I took my son with us and his ID, but the IO explained that she had no file for him so she would not need to see any of it.
I was advised to speak to a congressmen in relation to my sons PR also, I am emailing him to ask for support in contacting the immigration directly and asking them to hasten the process for him, ...
Regards, JEff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.