VWP to AOS

Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VWP to AOS

Me and my now husband decided to marry during my current visit to the USA, we married a few weeks before my return home. My son and I arrived in the USA in 10th May 2012 with the intention of departing 17th July 2012, in time for me to start my new job before returning to complete my final year in University.
I can already feel the disapproval of some members of this group, I understand the implications of my VWP to AOS being denied, however it is a risk that we are willing to take. If worse comes to worse then it was not meant to be and I will return home to the UK. Our Intention was to get married next year after I had graduated and was ready.
On 23/04/2012 I rented a new property and moved into it after having signed a six month lease, I am still obligate to pay this rent as I signed and leased it, so we are currently paying for it from here. I also bought a new car in 01/06/2011 and the car insurance renewal was due whilst I was here, before we decided to just get married on the spur of the moment, so I bought new car insurance and paid he hefty deposit and signed up for a 12mnth contract, and am now obligated to pay that too, and am doing so every month, and will continue to until I sell my car.
I understand that the last word lies with the Officer that will interview us. Again I understand that we could be denied just as easily as we could be granted the right to stay.
In case your wondering I have traveled to the USA two time prior to this and my USC husband has traveled to the UK three times in total, he in the UK for two weeks at a time, and me in the USA for 2wks, then 4wks and this time now.
We sent of our AOS complete package 11/07/2012 and it was received 16/07/2012
EAD was received 16/07/2012 and NOC 25/07/2012
ASC Appointment Notice date 30/07/2012 – Biometrics Date 27/08/2012
I have no questions at this point, however posted this incase people are reading and not posting in hope that somebody else will ask the question that they wanted to ask too but did not, I did that for a few weeks

Thank you for reading
Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Obvious question, what does your son's father think about this change of plan?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Obvious question to you, as I have not as informed as you on the subject sir_eccles, My son's father is deceased, he died before my Son was born.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
I can already feel the disapproval of some members of this group, I understand the implications of my VWP to AOS being denied, however it is a risk that we are willing to take.
Our approval or disapproval is irrelevant... you are aware of the risks and you are willing to take them. Best of luck to you!

Something to consider with respect to your lease and insurance payments... if you don't pay, what will happen? Answer = likely nothing. If you can afford to pay one or both, kudos to you for meeting your financial obligations, but if money is tight, you might want to consider letting one or both lapse!

Anyway... best of luck.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:55 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit to being biased in the negative here. My wife and I have spent the last year apart because we are doing things the right way. Having said that I tend to be pretty risk adverse, and don't fancy being removed from the county should it go pear shaped.

Good luck.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you pick your choices, you live with the results, fair enough really, except you've also got a kid with you to consider. But good luck to you
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Your AOS, and your son's AOS too, right?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 5:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
We sent of our AOS complete package 11/07/2012 and it was received 16/07/2012
EAD was received 16/07/2012 and NOC 25/07/2012
ASC Appointment Notice date 30/07/2012 – Biometrics Date 27/08/2012
I hope everything works out with you and your son's AOS.

Just a note, you will want to start using US style dates.

Rene
Old Aug 5th 2012, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, I did it that way round back in 2007 (VWP to AOS) and abandoned it because IMO it wasn't right for me to do it. I had far too much unfinished business to take care of in the UK. I'm in the UK now, it was all a very costly mistake, time wasting too, and I'm currently waiting on my visa interview date in London to do it all properly
Old Aug 5th 2012, 5:51 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a problem here. The OP clearly entered with the intent to leave at the end of the visit. They changed their plans once here, the law allows for that. IMHO flat lease, car payment and returning to complete uni shows that intent to leave.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Our approval or disapproval is irrelevant... you are aware of the risks and you are willing to take them. Best of luck to you!

Something to consider with respect to your lease and insurance payments... if you don't pay, what will happen? Answer = likely nothing. If you can afford to pay one or both, kudos to you for meeting your financial obligations, but if money is tight, you might want to consider letting one or both lapse!

Anyway... best of luck.

Ian
As far as the car insurance goes, as long as the car is parked outside my property which it is, it has to be insured regardless of whether i am driving it or not unfortunately, so until i can sell it i am obligated to pay, I have placed an it will be viewable tomorrow, so i' hoping it will sell quickly

The lease, I have been informed is non negotiable, and the payments have to be made, my property is in the flat so I am also in the process of advertising the sale of most of it, until its sold and the property emptied of our belongings I do not have a leg to stand on with the letting agency

Money is tight however I have no other choice right now unfortunately, thank you for the thought though, I am also still paying my student loan, that i will continue to do so because i feel morally obliged

Thanks for the best luck wishes
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
I must admit to being biased in the negative here. My wife and I have spent the last year apart because we are doing things the right way. Having said that I tend to be pretty risk adverse, and don't fancy being removed from the county should it go pear shaped.

Good luck.
I wish us both the best
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
If you pick your choices, you live with the results, fair enough really, except you've also got a kid with you to consider. But good luck to you
My main focus is and always has been my son, he is the main reason that we are taking this risk now, thank you for the luck, I appreciate it
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Emma M
Your AOS, and your son's AOS too, right?
Yes my son's also, ooops I forgot to mention that

Originally Posted by Emma M
BTW, I did it that way round back in 2007 (VWP to AOS) and abandoned it because IMO it wasn't right for me to do it. I had far too much unfinished business to take care of in the UK. I'm in the UK now, it was all a very costly mistake, time wasting too, and I'm currently waiting on my visa interview date in London to do it all properly
Best of luck to you Emma M
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I hope everything works out with you and your son's AOS.

Just a note, you will want to start using US style dates.

Rene
Thank you very much Noorah, I have not received anything back in relation to my son as of yet, Do children have to attend a Biometric appointment too?

Lol thanks for the heads up on the date format, I am finding it a lil tricky and find myself automatically using the UK format and am finding myself mixing up dates and appointments quite often lool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.