VWP to AOS

Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
Thank you Rene, I was confused because I have three different case numbers all beginning MSC albeit all very similar, however the last number changes
Most likely you have 1 for the I-485, 1 for the I-765, and 1 for the I-131.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Why didn't you say so?

Regards, JEff
I was not hiding it Jeffreyhy lol I guessed everyone had a few different numbers, its only now become questionable

Well, you have three different cases going on at the MSC ...

Regards, JEff
Is this good?? Sorry I'm trying to sense whether this is sarcasm or not, and i'm not too sure lool
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Most likely you have 1 for the I-485, 1 for the I-765, and 1 for the I-131.

Rene
That sounds right,

Thank you Rene
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:36 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think your were hiding anything. I just wondered what you really meant since what you had first written didn't make sense to me. The VWP is not a physical thing that one can make a copy of.
I was not hiding it Jeffreyhy lol I guessed everyone had a few different numbers, its only now become questionable

It is what it is, neither good nor bad, and it's a simple statement of fact. You applied to adjust status, you applied for employment authorization, and you applied for advance parole. Each case is assigned its own case number. 3 cases, 3 case numbers.
Is this good?? Sorry I'm trying to sense whether this is sarcasm or not, and i'm not too sure lool
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Sep 19th 2012 at 10:39 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi all, no update still awaiting a interview date, and my sons RFE was received and the case status update Oct 4th 2012

I have a query in relation to a letter my husband and I received from our health insurance in which they have requested my sons social security number, however he does not have one, and I am unsure if at this stage he should actually have one? Or if I can apply for one on his behalf?

Secondly they have asked for a proof of status, I already explained when we were added to the health insurance that we were not US Citizens, however they have requested "proof of Alien card, INS 194, and or immigration card" How would i answer this? I have Alien numbers for us both is this what they require?

Any advice on this would be kindly appreciated,

Many Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a query in relation to a letter my husband and I received from our health insurance in which they have requested my sons social security number, however he does not have one, and I am unsure if at this stage he should actually have one? Or if I can apply for one on his behalf?
Your son cannot get a SSN until he has an EAD, if you applied for one with his AOS. If you didn't apply for an EAD, he can't get a SSN until he has his green card in hand.

Secondly they have asked for a proof of status, I already explained when we were added to the health insurance that we were not US Citizens, however they have requested "proof of Alien card, INS 194, and or immigration card" How would i answer this? I have Alien numbers for us both is this what they require?
You can give them the alien number, BUT you don't have any proof of your status in the USA at the moment. You don't have an alien card (that's a green card and you won't get that until after a successful AOS), you don't have an I-94 because you entered on the VWP, and I don't know what an immigration card is, unless they once again mean green card, which you don't have yet. You can write back to the insurance company and give them the alien number, and explain that you are in the process of becoming a permanent resident, but that's about the best you can do right now.

Rene
Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Your son cannot get a SSN until he has an EAD, if you applied for one with his AOS. If you didn't apply for an EAD, he can't get a SSN until he has his green card in hand.

You can give them the alien number, BUT you don't have any proof of your status in the USA at the moment. You don't have an alien card (that's a green card and you won't get that until after a successful AOS), you don't have an I-94 because you entered on the VWP, and I don't know what an immigration card is, unless they once again mean green card, which you don't have yet. You can write back to the insurance company and give them the alien number, and explain that you are in the process of becoming a permanent resident, but that's about the best you can do right now.

Rene

I appreciate your swift response Noorah, Thank you VERY much, I did not apply for an EAD for my son, I was unaware of the link between the EAD and the Social Security number, Is there a option of applying for his EAD now? Would it delay the AOS process if it is an option?

I will write to the insurance company and hope for the best

I had my biometric interview 08/27/2012 and am still awaiting an interview am I being impatient or should i start calling the customer service number and making enquiries?
Old Oct 7th 2012, 11:16 pm

I appreciate your swift response Noorah, Thank you VERY much, I did not apply for an EAD for my son, I was unaware of the link between the EAD and the Social Security number, Is there a option of applying for his EAD now? Would it delay the AOS process if it is an option?
You can still apply for his EAD. File an I-765 with proof that an I-485 has been filed for him. There should be no fee for the I-765 this way. It will not interfere with his AOS progress.

I had my biometric interview 08/27/2012 and am still awaiting an interview am I being impatient or should i start calling the customer service number and making enquiries?
There's no correlation between when the biometrics are done and when the AOS interview will be. Check www.uscis.gov for current I-485 processing times, but in general it seems to be about 4 - 6 months from filing the I-485 to having the AOS interview.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

You can still apply for his EAD. File an I-765 with proof that an I-485 has been filed for him. There should be no fee for the I-765 this way. It will not interfere with his AOS progress.

There's no correlation between when the biometrics are done and when the AOS interview will be. Check www.uscis.gov for current I-485 processing times, but in general it seems to be about 4 - 6 months from filing the I-485 to having the AOS interview.

Rene
Much appreciated Noorah, thank you for the information
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

A brief update, I was finally able to speak to someone in the USCIS in relation to my case, and inquired about when I should be hearing some information on the current state of play, I was informed that Minnesota had a backlog of around two months, and were currently working on files received in May '12, thus the wait continues.

Happy Thanksgiving All
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

I have finally received my interview date, it is January 29th 2013!!!!!! I'm ecstatic, I have only one question at this stage which is, the letter is addressed to me, with no mention of my son, is it an interview for only myself and then my son at a later stage? Or is it both our interviews as a family?

Thank you in advance

Happy New Year
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have only one question at this stage which is, the letter is addressed to me, with no mention of my son, is it an interview for only myself and then my son at a later stage? Or is it both our interviews as a family?
On the assumption that a separate AOS was filed for your son, this interview is for you only.

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you and your son submit your I-485s concurrently? In the same mailing package?

How much time has passed since you received your notice of interview?

Regards, JEff

I have finally received my interview date, it is January 29th 2013!!!!!! I'm ecstatic, I have only one question at this stage which is, the letter is addressed to me, with no mention of my son, is it an interview for only myself and then my son at a later stage? Or is it both our interviews as a family?

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jan 3rd 2013 at 1:53 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
On the assumption that a separate AOS was filed for your son, this interview is for you only.

Ian
Yes Ian a separate AOS was filed for my son, thanks for the reply
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Did you and your son submit your I-485s concurrently? In the same mailing package?

How much time has passed since you received your notice of interview?

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff,

Yes I applied initially in the same mailing package, however we both received RFE's at different times, I received my interview notice on December 27th 2013

I just checked my case status online and the interview notice is still showing as said date, however i also have an update dated 01/07/2013 stating "notice requesting initial evidence" i'm my interview is only a few days away, I will ring the misinformation line to see if they can shed more light on the situation, any suggestions of what it may mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.