VWP to AOS

Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Originally Posted by lansbury
I don't see a problem here. The OP clearly entered with the intent to leave at the end of the visit. They changed their plans once here, the law allows for that. IMHO flat lease, car payment and returning to complete uni shows that intent to leave.
Thank you, your right I absolutely had no intention of staying, I also had a job offer that would have fit perfectly around my studies and my childcare due to start 07/23/2012 which I gave up, I have the letter of offer and my letter to explain that i was not coming back, and the one in which they replied (email)
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Just remembered something, i am not sure if it is relevant to my AOS or not, I was questioned in the airport on my arrival, actually this time i was pulled aside and questioned in relation to me having a headscarf on that day but not on the passport photograph, I was also asked questions the previous two times about my family history on one occasion and about the reading material i had in my hand the second (strange) my surname is "Mohamed" which is very common and I am aware that sadly it flags up concerns in many places and sometimes requires "extra security checks"....sorry my reason for mentioning it was that I informed them whilst being questioned that i was visiting my fiance, and showed them my new employment letter, my sons admittance into school letters and my university enrollment 2012-2013 the officer was satisfied with the evidence and the questioning stopped. Will these be on the system somewhere at some point? Was that a indication of my desire and intent to return home? Just wondering
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
I informed them whilst being questioned that i was visiting my fiance, and showed them my new employment letter, my sons admittance into school letters and my university enrollment 2012-2013 the officer was satisfied with the evidence and the questioning stopped.
And, since this was the truth, that'll likely be the end of it.

Will these be on the system somewhere at some point? Was that a indication of my desire and intent to return home?
You need to demonstate your intent to return... which you did. You told the truth at the time you entered the US. You are allowed to genuinely change your mind if/when your circumstances change - meaning, you can't just say you're leaving when your intent all along is to remain in the US. From everything you've written, that wasn't the case for you... so you've done nothing wrong.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Noorah, I have not received anything back in relation to my son as of yet, Do children have to attend a Biometric appointment too?
I don't know how old your son is, but I think children under 14 do not get biometrics done.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2012, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Lol thanks for the heads up on the date format, I am finding it a lil tricky and find myself automatically using the UK format and am finding myself mixing up dates and appointments quite often lool

I've lived in the US for 6 years now....and I still get it mixed up!!!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know how old your son is, but I think children under 14 do not get biometrics done.

Rene
My kids had their photos taken but not finger prints if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 2:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my son's also, ooops I forgot to mention that
Just to be clear, two AOS packages were filed, correct? One for you, and a separate one for your son.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
And, since this was the truth, that'll likely be the end of it.

You need to demonstate your intent to return... which you did. You told the truth at the time you entered the US. You are allowed to genuinely change your mind if/when your circumstances change - meaning, you can't just say you're leaving when your intent all along is to remain in the US. From everything you've written, that wasn't the case for you... so you've done nothing wrong.

Ian
Phew, Well am I glad to hear that!
Thank you Ian-mstm
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Rene
Oops I forgot to mention that here too, My son is Four Years old.......going on 44
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mamasue
I've lived in the US for 6 years now....and I still get it mixed up!!!
hahahaha Its so difficult to remember, I am currently mis-reading dates left right and center, Its embarrassing, hopefully we will both come to terms with it asap!!!!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisa67
Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Just to be clear, two AOS packages were filed, correct? One for you, and a separate one for your son.

Rene
Yes Rene, Two separate AOS packages and Two separate cheques, but i sent them together in the same recorded delivery package.

Thank you for clarifying
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with lansbury - based on the information provided, Mama Drama is also doing things the right way, by which I mean in accordance with the provisions of the INA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by civilservant
I must admit to being biased in the negative here. My wife and I have spent the last year apart because we are doing things the right way.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:09 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I remember almost the same as you. The child needs to have the photograph taken because it is needed for the green card, and for the same reason a single fingerprint is also needed.

What the child does not need is the full set of 10 fingerprints that goes to the FBI for background checking/

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by lisa67
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I'm with lansbury - based on the information provided, Mama Drama is also doing things the right way, by which I mean in accordance with the provisions of the INA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I remember almost the same as you. The child needs to have the photograph taken because it is needed for the green card, and for the same reason a single fingerprint is also needed.

What the child does not need is the full set of 10 fingerprints that goes to the FBI for background checking/

Regards, JEff
In regards to the information that the USCIS require on my son, an appointment will be sent at some point?

I am waiting for some correspondence on behalf of my son, I sent the packages off together on 07/11/2012, approx how long is long enough to start inquiries, do you think?

Thank You Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.