Ian
Thank you VERY much Ian, You have all been a great source of information
Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Congratulations.

Bummer. The files probably got separated as a result of the two separate RFEs.

Regards, JEff
Thank you Jeffreyhy very much, again you have also been a great source of useful information

Thats exactly what the IO said, Its unfortunate however I will persist in pursuing his PR and I hope that he will receive it soon enough!!!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Just a quick update in case anyone has the same issue that i have, regarding my sons SSN, I applied for a work permit for him some time in early February per advice from the IO that interviewed me. I received the work permit in the post yesterday thankfully, I can now apply for his SSN and add him to our health insurance, its been horrid having to pay for urgent care as an uninsured person every time my son has needed medical attention over the past year ( I understand this can be a downfall for some one adjusting status the way that we did)

On the PR issue, I have rang the mis information line several times to no avail, I was informed in February that my local office would call me within 15 days to discuss my Sons case further, this hasnt happened, i have been reassured it will.....the wait continues, in the meantime i have booked an infopass appointment for this coming Tuesday to try and find out what the hold up is, hopefully I will be given some type of explanation and a time line of when he will receive his PR.

I must admit my main concern has been the SSN due to the health insurance, however I will persist on chasing his PR so that we hopefully have it in time for a holiday some time at the end of the year.

Thanks again for all your support!!!!